• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Oh, you actively listen to LMFAO? Suddenly I think a lot less of you..."

Flamboyant

Girlpowershipping fangirl ♥
Years
  • I listen to pretty much every genre of music, mainstream or not. I know that songs that play on the radio nowadays are, most of the time, infuriating to the point that one might want to lose faith in humanity (really), but some are actually good if you listen closely. Now, some artists I really REALLY can't stand...

Like (almost) everybody said, Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj are especially annoying, but not as much as friggin Pitbull. He's EVERYWHERE. Always "rapping" the same nonsense. I really despise him.
    Also, Disney singers. Ugh.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I can't stand seeing people like Nicki Minaj or Drake or Justin Bieber, etc., etc. It's not because I, personally, hate their music. No; it's because the people that listen to their music act like they're the greatest musical artists of our time. The term "yolo" is overrated and used by so many people that don't even understand the literal meaning of the acronym that it just sickens me to the point that if I say it (as a joke, obviously) it just makes me want to crack my skull with a hammer. Justin Bieber has started to rap in his songs now... I just... And Nicki Minaj... Please. For the sake of humanity. STOP.

omg liek i can totes underst4nd && respekt them 4 doing wat they luv!!<333 But, seriously? Drake did a better job playing a crippled high school kid than he did rapping. Justin Bieber...well, I don't know. I have mixed feelings. I guess he's alright...? Hate his music, though; and his fans - or at least a majority of them. And I already said Nicki Minaj needs to really quit what she's doing. She's just mocking the music industry with her oh-so-meaningful songs!

There are a lot of other artists I hate, too, even in the genre that I prefer, but these are three out of a few more that I just despise.

Also, people who listen to that screamo-metal-whatever you want to call it music is just ear rape. I cannot stand that type of music.
    ^^^^ oh hey that's me!! ^___^ <3333 that music is the best music sorry to say to all ya'll that like other genres lolol true facts

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    In all honesty, I think people who actually think less of people for their taste in music are *******s. Like, really? You're going to let what someone listens to define them for you? So yes, I will state that I'm not that close minded, thank you very much.

I will say that I don't like dubstep and don't see the appeal at ALL. It's too much layered noise for me to really get into, but does that make me think less of my friends who like it? Hell no.

Years
  • All of the people who've been mentioned in this thread already. Except for Katy Parry, Lady Gaga's first album wasn't that bad, but the one released last year I absolutely hated the singles I heard from it, and Ke$ha is hilarious, her one album is good for a laugh when I listen to it.

My one cousin loves just about single person mentioned in this thread, and whenever she's around she'll blast her ****** music on her laptop. Everytime she plays any of 'em I feel like yelling at her for raping my eardurms.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • itt we flame nicki minaj.

HI GUYS I LISTEN TO NICKI MINAJ SOMETIMES AND I LIKE IT. Just thought I'd get that outta my system - you may now proceed to judge me for it.

My opinions here basically echo Kyoko's:
    Kyoko said:
    In all honesty, I think people who actually think less of people for their taste in music are *******s. Like, really? You're going to let what someone listens to define them for you? So yes, I will state that I'm not that close minded, thank you very much.

There's a fair amount of music I definitely dislike and a couple of fanbases I simply can't stand, but as individual people, I'll never judge anyone for listening to music I don't like. I've actually found that the more you dislike what someone else listens to, the more likely it is that they'll dislike what you listen to so it really works two ways. Not judging people over music is the first step to enjoying more music than you ever thought you could - I've been there, done that, etc, and now come back wayyyy more diverse and much happier with my music taste than I was before. Try it some time and you'll find out what music you really like or dislike.

edit: oh whoops just re-read the first post and apparently i'm not allowed to post itt!! oh well.

Back