• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] ★The New Users' Hangout★

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • Any Super Mario game released on the SNES is my favorite. I think my all-time fave would be Super Mario World. I can't stop playing that game omg <3

Hey guys, anyone want to trade the same pokemon? I really want an Adamant/Jolly Drilbur.

We have a Quick Trade Thread for that if you're looking for trading with someone. You are less likely to get an offer here.

Cid

Years
  • You guys have really good tastes in video games. :) For the SNES, specifically! I mean, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger and Super Mario World whoa. I personally like Yoshi's Island a lot. And also Final Fantasy III (more aptly released as Final Fantasy VI in Japan, soon also used in the GBA release). And yeah I wish I could have tried out Star Ocean when I first encountered it. Might have helped me be more familiar with sci-fi, maybe even make me a Star Trek fan like you guys.

All this talk reminds me, you guys should check out the Video Gaming section of the forum if you haven't. Maybe some retro discussion would do it good. :D Welcome everyone.

igotpokeballz

x999 Thanks To Action Replay
    Years
  • heeeeeeey,im igtpokeballz, and i'm a huuuuge pokefan!!! i luv pokemon hacks and stuuf. and i reallllly like soul eater!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Welcome igotpokeballz! There are some awesome forums for Hacks on PC! Glad to have you here with us!

Super Mario World is definitely a GREAT game! One of my favorites in the Mario series, aside from Super Mario Bros 3, or any of the Mario Kart games as im a huge racing fan too!

Anyone remember EXCITEBIKE? I know its olllllddd school, but it was a fun game!

Or how about Caveman Ughlympics? That was a crazy game too! Instead of Pole Vault, You'd vault over a T-Rex, and you know what happens if you miss! Or Matetoss, instead of throwing a discuss you toss your wife! LOL

EDIT: And yea, maybe we should take the gaming topic to the Video Games forum, i think we're derailing this thread as is now.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, I think everything is going well as is. I mean, the main point of this thread is new members get along with each other, and that's what I've been seeing while I was online from my phone the past three days. xD I see a few new members like video games, which is a good thing. xD Great conversation starter, btw.

Also, welcome aboard, igotpokeballz! We're a friendly bunch. Have you made an introduction yet? You should! Best way to get welcomed personally. <3

Years
  • Sweetness! So how about that Excitebike? I remember playing that a while ago on Animal Crossing. the game allowed you to find old-timey NES games that you could play whenever. I remember Excitebike in particular taking up a lot of my time.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2013
    That was one of my favorite parts of the original Animal Crossing, Wish they'd included that, or maybe some SNES or GB games in Wild World and City Folk.

and I hate to say it, but the first time I played Excitebike was on a GBA game WarioWare: Twisted, you had to turn and tilt the game boy accordingly to go faster, slower, and angle your bike. It was hard,but it was a lot of fun and an interesting 'spin' on the game.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • THOUGH... I would like to emphasize the spam rule in the first post. I highly encourage everyone of you to explore other areas of the forum instead of just relying on post count in this thread. I haven't seen anyone break this rule as of yet (which is good! <3)

Holy jdbeiduciu EXCITEBIKE. I would like to play this game again. Brings back my childhood memories.

How's everyone been, btw? How's PC treatin' ya? (be sure to keep negative comments away from this thread, trying to keep things positive here!)

Last edited:

Cid

Years
  • And yea, maybe we should take the gaming topic to the Video Games forum, i think we're derailing this thread as is now.

Don't worry. I wasn't implying that at all. I usually just throw in a few links around the forum here and there in case you miss it as a newbie. You know, those scenarios where you didn't even know PC had a place like that. It's all in good intentions. You guys can talk about anything as long as the current topic allows it or if the conversation feels like it can use a new one. ;D

Back on track, I really feel bad for not giving much attention to Excitebike back then. We had that game for the NES, and I just...neglected it. Only my siblings probably indulged in it. But yeah, I do remember it being one of the microgames in WarioWare and that made me want to play it, too. I'll probably resort to sneakier ways now.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    There's an Excitebike: World Rally on the Wii. From what i read it's 1000 points which i believe equals $10. It's side scrolling also, but just more 3D ish graphics. AND It has background music during the race, which i dont think the original Excitebike had. All you heard was the engine throttling.

Cid

Years
  • That's pretty cool. For a WiiWare game, I wouldn't expect a 3D remake of a beloved game. I'll probably not resort to it unless I really wanted to play something like that because, frankly, I don't have points on the Wii. And I don't even know yet if I'll enjoy it enough to make it worth it, if I do decide to nab one.

Anyway, I'll settle with the old Excitebike. ;o;

Years
  • Hi PokeGirlBel, it's a year and 2 months since I joined so yeah, after stumbling a bit I eventually got the experience for introducing new members.

And yeah, nice sig btw. Hikari liekz Oshawottz.

Cid

Years
  • Hey there, Bel! And a late welcome to you. :)

I'm pretty similar to Hikari, just add three years and a pinch of inactivity and that's me. Don't follow my example, though! No not the length of stay, the inactivity! There's nothing more depressing than missing anything important that happens to people you grow to like, and maybe even the light day-to-day chatter that you could have participated in. Especially when you eventually settle in a place like this. Anyway, have you been going around? I've seen you in the SE Fanclub and I think that's great! I hope you continue to keep us company.

And I like Oshawott and Bianca, too, including her Japanese name. ;D You know, yours and Hikari's avatars complement really well, haha. I'm starting to warm up with their new looks.

On another topic since some of you mentioned AC a few posts back:
    I can't wait for the Animal Crossing game currently in development for the 3DS!

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Oh wow I didn't realise this place had started back up again! Hey guys, I'm Andy :D. But you can all call me Andy. Because that is my name.

We should totally play a sickeningly sweet game where we all list a random fact about ourselves or something... like they do at university orientation lmao

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Sure! Why not!

I've owned as many as 37 snakes at the same time, and the largest i've owned was a 15' Albino Burmese Python :) (Fact, not fiction, nor exaggeration)

How's that? :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Hey F1refly! What do you keep? I've bred various morphs of Ball Pythons and Redtails. My favorite's are Piebald Ball Pythons and Hypomelanistic Boa's.

Years
  • Hi F1refly, I'm Hikari and I come from the land down under... (sorry for the pun, there's a Men At Work song called "Down Under")

I love anime, manga, Pokemon and social media.

I'm a fan of several Pokemon characters along with Zero Kiryuu from Vampire Knight. Yeah, I have a feeling for bishies...

I hope you have a great time checking out PC.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back