• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Old] HG/SS Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    Does anybody know if the Japanese Pikachu-Colored-Pichu would work on an American game of HG/SS to trigger the Spikey-Earred Pichu Event?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Okay, so I'm gonna gop preorder HG and SS... now, I'd get 2 Pokewalkers, right?

Will I be able to use both pokewalkers with just one game?
    The PokéWalker is an included item for each game. It is not a bonus for pre-ordering or such things of relation. Every remake comes with its own PokéWalker, so to answer your question, yes, you will be receiving two if you have pre-ordered both games.

As for if you may use both for one game, I am not 100% positive if it is possible. :\ It may be, but I can't say for sure.

Does anybody know if the Japanese Pikachu-Colored-Pichu would work on an American game of HG/SS to trigger the Spikey-Earred Pichu Event?
    Yes, like the Eikagun Arceus, the Japanese Pikachu-Colored Pichu will work in the American version of HG/SS to access the Notch Eared Pichu event. So, you should have no problem if you choose to use the Japanese PC Pichu over the American one. =]

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    The PokéWalker is an included item for each game. It is not a bonus for pre-ordering or such things of relation. Every remake comes with its own PokéWalker, so to answer your question, yes, you will be receiving two if you have pre-ordered both games.

As for if you may use both for one game, I am not 100% positive if it is possible. :\ It may be, but I can't say for sure.

Yes, like the Eikagun Arceus, the Japanese Pikachu-Colored Pichu will work in the American version of HG/SS to access the Notch Eared Pichu event. So, you should have no problem if you choose to use the Japanese PC Pichu over the American one. =]
    Alright, thanks for the help. =]

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    MORE QUESTIONS AHOY!

Okay. so I got TWO Shiny Pichuus. if I traded one to each game and got the 2 Spikey-Ears.. could I trade the one from SS to my HG..?
    Or.. if I traded both to one5 game, can I do the event twice with each Pichu?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    MORE QUESTIONS AHOY!

Okay. so I got TWO Shiny Pichuus. if I traded one to each game and got the 2 Spikey-Ears.. could I trade the one from SS to my HG..?
    Or.. if I traded both to one5 game, can I do the event twice with each Pichu?
    No, the Spikey-Eared Pichu does not have the ability to be traded into any game (including HeartGold and SoulSilver). Whichever game you obtain it in, is the game it must remain in sadly. D: The whole deal intertwines in the background story Prof. Elm will explain to you after you show him your Spikey-Eared Pichu first in your party after you obtain it.

As far as I know, even with two Pikachu-Colored Pichus in the game, you can only complete the in-game event once. However, if you wish to restart your game, you can save your PC Pichu in another game (DPPt, or HG/SS) and when you're ready you can trade back the PC Pichu to complete the Spikey-Eared Pichu event once more. :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    what would happen if I tried trading the SE-Pichu WITHOUT showing Elm?
    Regardless, it still can't be a traded Pokémon. :\ It's one of the few drawbacks to the Spikey-Eared Pichu...

If you wish to read anymore information on the Spikey-Ear Pichu though, you can visit Serebii's site on it, here.

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    Could anybody post a video of trasferring a pokemon to the pokewalker and using it?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
    I was wondering, since the Battle Frontier from DPPT is returning, will the Villa also be in HGSS? I would really hope so.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Quick question. I have conflicting reports from people about when you can trade with DPPt, some say after the first battle with your rival and others say after Falkner. Can anyone tell me which is true?

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    got a question, is larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar available to catch in soul silver? or is it a version exclusive to hg?

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    Quick question. I have conflicting reports from people about when you can trade with DPPt, some say after the first battle with your rival and others say after Falkner. Can anyone tell me which is true?
    Actually, both are incorrect. You can trade with D/P/Pt when you get the PokeDex.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    You can trade with DPPt as soon as you can trade, which is after you get you return to Cherrygrove City after the initial quest to visit Mr. Pokémon.
    got a question, is larvitar/pupitar/tyranitar available to catch in soul silver? or is it a version exclusive to hg?
    Larvitar can be caught in both versions, at Mt. Silver and the Safari Zone. You have to evolve it to get Pupitar and Tyranitar, of course.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2010
    If you trade a NA Pikachu-Coloured Pichu (from the current GameStop event) to a JP HG/SS, can you still activate the Spiky-Eared Pichu event? Or does it not work without a JP Pikachu-Coloured Pichu?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back