• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Old mansion Ghosts

Ásh

¼ ½ ¾ = Charmelon
Years
  • I think is was to make it look haunted than anything else..
    they also helped me find rotom some how lol

paketo

Pickachu friend
    Years
  • ok thanks for your replies there is nothing more to say can someone close it?

Closed

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Did you ever seen that gosts at the old mansion near Eterna city???It is a girl at the second floor,last room and at the diningroom an old man without legs!!!!!What is the role of these gosts????

My first guess was that they were put there for atmosphere. It'd make sense. We're talking about a spooky mansion, are we not? I know plenty of people online who've been freaked out by the two ghosts because they didn't know they were there.

Also, they might have just been put in there as an Easter Egg; like the van in RBY. Serves no purpose, but it's a pretty cool thing to have found out.

Years
  • Did you ever seen that gosts at the old mansion near Eterna city???It is a girl at the second floor,last room and at the diningroom an old man without legs!!!!!What is the role of these gosts????

This has been discussed over 10 times in different threads. They don't have a purpose of being there, only making it seem more real and there are theoriesm that someone got poisoned, there was a fire and the girl tried to save her pokemon and the butler got involved, etc., etc.

BTW: Did you really need to ask? It's all over google searches.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
  • Yeah, I saw them both. The girl a few times and the old guy once. Pretty much everyone that's been EV training in the "Eyes Room" saw the girl creeping in the room next to it.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • I saw this ages ago, Is it even in Platinum?
    I hope not because the music is creepy but Lavender Town music is creepier than the Mansion, Does the Haunted Mansion has anything linked to the Pokemon Mansion South of Hearthome City?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • As most people have already said, I think they are just there to add to the atmosphere of a haunted mansion, nothing else I guess... =\
    Loads of people have had many theories of why they are there and what purpose they serve however there is not a actual reason, as i said, I just assume it's for effect. =)

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
  • this DOES make me wonder though, perhaps the two are related in some far off coincidence, but the idea that they are or can be is mere speculation and left to the players.........but let's say for the sake of the ghosts that this mansion and the hearthrome city pokemon mansion are related, any fan-made theories as too how?

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I was like "HUH?!" when I saw the butler (I heard you have to talk to the statue outside to see him in the diner room, which I did out of fun) and then when I saw the girl, I... sort of freaked out.

Isn't this discussed, like, A LOT of times? Please, STOP repeating these threads.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Theres ghosts in the house?
    Lol, I never noticed. I only went there to get a Rotom.
    Do the ghosts only appear at night?

pkmn mstr ketz

i love you too
    Years
  • i am pretty sure that you need to see all the ghosts before you catch rotom, i dont remember where i read that, but i couldnt get the rotom until i saw all of them... I think... Or maybe im just going crazy. What are the red eyes for? they ought to expand on that cuz it seems pretty pointless.

xiraiya

Future Sinnoh Champion
    Years
  • Ah the haunted mansion, playing Pearl at 2am in the morning and I saw the ghosts and though "..the hell is that?" and then I thought, kudos to Gamefreak for an awesome effect like that, It seems like an eternal darkness thing, walking into a room and seeing things haha.

Jumpluff

I make the Rules, You follow.
    Years
  • I think the Red Eyes are supposed to be like somebody watching you, If only Platinum explained the story.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I think it is caused by the red eyes on the wall I have only seen the girl.. Who knows it might have been rotom (I caught rotom already)

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
  • The first time I saw the girl (I haven't seen the guy yet) I almost thought I was hallucinating XD! Because she vanished so fast. After a second I thought another trainer went in that mansion and I quickly went outside to look for that trainer. But of course she wasn't there any more and I was wondering why. Then I realized she was supposed to be a ghost and it was kinda scary...omg, I really needed a long time to get that XD.
    A really nice idea of Nintendo to add real ghost besides the ghost Pokemon this time.

Back