• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Old Pokemon, New Evolutions. Which do you want?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike6958

TCG Collector
Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    They better not ruin Lapras with an Evolution/Baby, I like having Lapras as it is, I have used it in my teams more than once and would hate for them to change it.

Apart from that I'm not too bothered what they do, and I would like a new Eevee-lutino.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • I know something I don't want. More Eeveelutions.

My friends really like the Eeveelutions and think there should be more, but I disagree. There are already 7 of them, they don't need any more. Besides, Eevees and their evolutions are way overrated. I'm not saying they're bad, but they wouldn't be nearly as popular if they weren't cute.

Years
  • I know something I don't want. More Eeveelutions.

My friends really like the Eeveelutions and think there should be more, but I disagree. There are already 7 of them, they don't need any more. Besides, Eevees and their evolutions are way overrated. I'm not saying they're bad, but they wouldn't be nearly as popular if they weren't cute.

Wooow, I couldn't agree more. Hoping not to be flamed when I say this, but I hate the Eeveelutions. They are very overrated, and they're becoming annoying, IMO. I don't want anymore Eeveelutions, and considering that there might not be any evolutions or pre-evolutions for previous generation Pokemon in B/W, there probably won't be any at all. :x

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2011
    I know something I don't want. More Eeveelutions.

What..? Eeveelutions are awesome, only since there's one of each type.
    If it becomes that they'll make more of each type, I'll agree, but that's highly unlikely.

All that I want is that in the end, there to be an Eeveelution for every type.
    I mean, we're halfway there.

Can't imagine what the Flying or Poison one will look like... here's to hoping they're in this Gen.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • This is from PokeBeach:

There are no evolutions or pre-evolutions of existing Pokemon in this generation, meaning Mamanbou is not Luvdisc's evolution (tragic!). This is the first generation without any Pokemon ties to previous generations.

There are no split-evolution Pokemon (like Gloom into Vileplume and Bellossom).

Mamanbou not being a Luvdisc evolution, if true, makes Mamanbou an ultimate failure.

shot571

Rofl thats pretty funny after 28 pages of discussion Nobody was right :P. Anyway Id like Mr mime to get an evo if it were possible.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    GameFreak was pretty serious saying how there would be multiple different things about Black and White. Seeing this, everyone who had hoped for new eeveelutions pretty much won't get any. :\
    Although this could be interesting, since there will be several new things to come in the games for us, including the pokémon. Guess we'll have to keep on moving along with the all new everything.

As for Mamanbou, I expected this. When I heard that the previous pokémon would only be obtainable through the pokéshifter, I had doubts that Mamanbou would be Luvdisc's evolution. They matched very well, but just didn't turn out to be. :(

Well at least this all helps the fact that Black and White will have "new changes". I can't wait to hear more from Coro Coro or Pokémon Sunday, as well as the game coming out in 8 days.

The Red Chain

As for Mamanbou, I expected this. When I heard that the previous pokémon would only be obtainable through the pokéshifter, I had doubts that Mamanbou would be Luvdisc's evolution. They matched very well, but just didn't turn out to be. :(
    Ya know, I have a theory. I think Mamanbou is a bit like Manaphy in a way. When it breeds it makes a smaller, weaker version of itself that cannot evolve into it. So I'm thinking maybe if we breed Mamanbou we'll get Luvdisc, but it won't evolve of course. Don't go off saying "well, Manaphy is legendary, it's different." Ditto cannot be obtained through breeding either, but it can breed yes?

The reason I have this theory is because Luvdisc and winged heart fishie are wayyy too similar to not have any relation at all.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Even if this information turns out to be fake (which I doubt), I was planning on locking this soon anyway since it was so close to the release. Discuss your reactions to this here.

YkZow.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back