• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
  • If you tried RNG abuse on Gen IV (DPPtHGSS), it's not.

Can anyone help me RNG Abuse for Wild Pokemon? I have never tried this on the last generation, I just always bred. D:
    if anyone has a ds original / ds lite and wants to learn how to abuse the standard (noncgear seed), you should find me on pc's pokemon battle online server tonight and this weekend because as you all should know and love, it's not all about battling. you can chat there too. who wouldn't want an instant chat to idk tutor rng abuse and ~ding ding ding~ arrange wifi trades fwee >:<

ShreyasPokemon

wants battles only...
    Years
  • I hope someone can answer some of my questions about GEN V RNG abuse...

So, I had trouble understanding Smogon's thread, so I watched bearsfan's video for RNG abuse tutorial... So, here are my questions:

What exactly is the DS MAC Address? Where do you find it?

Bearsfan said something about a Chatot with a recorded voice or something... what exactly is that used for?
    Everytime you listen to the chatot, your frame for the RNG that determines nature\PID\egg inheritence advances.

And, when you frame advance, do you have to get lucky on the nature like in 4th GEN Wonder card RNG abuse?

As for now, bearsfan also says that using a DSi/DSiXL/3DS should not be used... any reason for that?

For the DS parameter, is that kinda like calibration phase? And, the RNG reporter I have only give options for the Japanese versions of the games...

Finally, is there any way to check to see if you hit the seed or not? Or, is that not needed and there is a close to 100% chance that you would actually get it?

~Thanks in advance for anyone who answers my questions!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • What exactly is the DS MAC Address? Where do you find it?
    "A Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to network interfaces for communications on the physical network segment" is the definition. Basically, you need a Wi-Fi connection to find your MAC address. This MAC will be UNIQUE to every DS system, so be sure to update the MAC in RNG Reporter if you switch to a different DS.

In order to find your MAC Address:
    1. Nintendo WFC Settings from the Main Menu.
    2. Click the orange box, Options.
    3. Click the pink box, System Information.
    4. Your MAC Address is shown.
    5. Copy the FULL MAC Address when abusing the Non CGear. Copy the LAST 6 characters when abusing the CGear.

Bearsfan said something about a Chatot with a recorded voice or something... what exactly is that used for?
    Have a Chatot in the party knowing the move, Chatter. You can click on Chatter as if it were an HM. Teach Chatot a saying (I usually blow into the microphone). Every time you look at it in its summary page and let it cry its tutored cry, the PID will advance by 1. If you have two Chatot that have learned a new sound from you, you may flip BACK AND FORTH between their summary pages to quickly advance the PID (e.g. to a shiny frame).

And, when you frame advance, do you have to get lucky on the nature like in 4th GEN Wonder card RNG abuse?
    Nature abuse is possible since Version 9.5, but I don't bother. Just bring a Synchronizer and hope for the best!

As for now, bearsfan also says that using a DSi/DSiXL/3DS should not be used... any reason for that?
    The DSi/XL/3DS have different encryption methods, I believe. In other words, RNG Reporter will not be able to predict seeds for those DS systems.

For the DS parameter, is that kinda like calibration phase? And, the RNG reporter I have only give options for the Japanese versions of the games...
    Yes, finding DS parameters was similar to calibration. You note your DS date and time, catch a Pokemon, and find its accurate IVs.
    Region does NOT matter for Cgear abuse. Just enter what color version you have. In order to abuse Non Cgear seeds, you will have to download the latest version because region will matter. RNG Reporter 9.5 Beta

Finally, is there any way to check to see if you hit the seed or not? Or, is that not needed and there is a close to 100% chance that you would actually get it?
    Use the Seed to Time Function to check what delay you hit when abusing the Cgear. It will search frames that were not advanced, so be sure to not advance the frame when calibrating. The newest version is said to have an adjustable search feature, but I have not tried this. For Non Cgear seeds, I do not know a way of checking. The only variance is the Timer0 value, so if you're not hitting your seed, it's human error. I haven't had to check, and I have not used AR, in order to abuse Non Cgear, so it's fairly easy to do.

Hope anything helps.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years

• Buy a crap load of ultra balls and go to the Celestial Tower and catch every Elgyem you see. (If your referencing Gen V, that is)

Oh my. I'm an idiot to not think of Elgyem's. >__>
    That's a heaven-sent answer, Live-Wire <3

Can anyone help me with Sweet Scent RNG Abuse? I have never tried this and have the following questions. (This is via C-Gear seeds)

1. How would I know the right time to sweet scent?
    2. What are encounter slots and what are they for?
    3. Where could I find a list of encounter slots?

Last edited:

Spiritwolf26

Pokemon breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2011
    Traded an LVL 37 minccino for a LVL 100 legit starter oshawott. O-o I didn't expect it.

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • yeah, those Elgyems are great additions to Synchroniser's.
    Waaaay better than migraine "chaining" for Munna.
    Just Thunder Wave. If I get statused too, then I get another alien.

Seriously love paralyzing legends and other things.

Anyhoo, if I breed from a female Dreamyard Musharna, will-can DW ability Munna hatch? Same question for the Relic Castle Darmanitan statues.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2014
    yeah, those Elgyems are great additions to Synchroniser's.
    Waaaay better than migraine "chaining" for Munna.
    Just Thunder Wave. If I get statused too, then I get another alien.

Seriously love paralyzing legends and other things.

Anyhoo, if I breed from a female Dreamyard Musharna, will-can DW ability Munna hatch? Same question for the Relic Castle Darmanitan statues.

I think you can only breed DW abilities if the female Pokemon you are breeding with has the desired DW ability.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • Just hatched this, and I'm pretty pleased:

Solosis - #577 (Modest) : 23 / 24 / 31 / 31 / 30 / 27

Has HP Ghost 68 (trolllll -.-), but other than that I thought this was a pretty decent one in my hunt for a shiny Solosis :]

Years
  • Just hatched this, and I'm pretty pleased:

Has HP Ghost 68 (trolllll -.-), but other than that I thought this was a pretty decent one in my hunt for a shiny Solosis :]

wow..u got high IVs on 3 stats..Def,Sp.Atk and Sp.Def...cool..:D
    i never do breeding on B/W yet..:(

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • ...i can't make heads nor tails of RNG Abuse in B/W.
    Can someone maybe simplify the process of the non-cgear one?

and I have this WishBliss, should I get it hack checked?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Just hatched this, and I'm pretty pleased:

From the looks of it, you're using one hex-/quint-flawless parent and kinda hoping you hit a shiny seed that also happens to have decent IVs.

tl;dr: Seems you're not RNGing, but even so, you can do better than that.

and I have this WishBliss, should I get it hack checked?

It's hacked.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • From the looks of it, you're using one hex-/quint-flawless parent and kinda hoping you hit a shiny seed that also happens to have decent IVs.

tl;dr: Seems you're not RNGing, but even so, you can do better than that.

Yeah, as you said I'm basically going for pure luck lol. Also sadly I've got no perfect parents at all, trying to chain breed IVs and boy does it suck, I'm just pleased that I finally got one with a decent potential :x

Parent #1:
    Ditto - #132 (Modest) @ Everstone : 15 / 28 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 20

Parent #2:
    Solosis - #577 (Modest) @ Nothing because I'm a lazy bum that actually manages to fail at the subway and is thus atm lacking in the power weight department : 31 / 1 / 7 / 31 / 17 / 20

Sadly I've yet to get one with 31 HP as well as better IVs than that one, so bothersome.

Oh, also to make this relevant, picked up a female Regenerator Tangela from the DW. Awesome.

Years

• Yeah, as you said I'm basically going for pure luck lol. Also sadly I've got no perfect parents at all, trying to chain breed IVs and boy does it suck, I'm just pleased that I finally got one with a decent potential :x

Parent #1:
    Ditto - #132 (Modest) @ Everstone : 15 / 28 / 31 / 30 / 30 / 20

Parent #2:
    Solosis - #577 (Modest) @ Nothing because I'm a lazy bum that actually manages to fail at the subway and is thus atm lacking in the power weight department : 31 / 1 / 7 / 31 / 17 / 20

Sadly I've yet to get one with 31 HP as well as better IVs than that one, so bothersome.

Oh, also to make this relevant, picked up a female Regenerator Tangela from the DW. Awesome.

hehe..i got flawless ditto on B/W.I can give you to make your breeding project more enjoy.:D VM me if u do want bro..

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back