• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    I was in the mood to breed something cute and in a set of two and this is what I came up with.

311.png

Plusle ♀ Lv. 1 UT
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Plus
    Moves: Growl
    IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 30 [HP Ice 70]
    312.png

Minum ♂ Lv. 1 UT
    Ability: Inus

Amzing breed twistedpuppy. I'm working on capturing Zapdos and breeding a Chinchou.

Detox

I was in the mood to breed something cute and in a set of two and this is what I came up with.

311.png

Plusle ♀ Lv. 1 UT
    Ability: Plus
    312.png

Minum ♂ Lv. 1 UT
    Ability: Inus

Why did you use a HP ice spread that has 30 in speed? This will actually hinder them a bit lol. Other than that nice breeds.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Eh. It's 1 point. I did think about breeding them with a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread, but it was too much of a pain searching for the right date & delay so I just settled.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Eh. It's 1 point. I did think about breeding them with a 31/30/30/31/31/31 spread, but it was too much of a pain searching for the right date & delay so I just settled.
    You know you can change it so it's like, 31/e/30/31/31/31 and still get the same result in Hidden Power. Just use a calculator so you're getting the right number for the Hidden power you want.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    I am looking for a trustworthy person (preferrably someone I have traded with before) who can do some ev training for me. Please PM me if you are interested. I have things on my thread I could use as payment for this service. there are a total of 4 pokemon I need ev trained.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

-shrug- I don't find breeding for HP that hard. You just have to get a spread that has a specific 30 and one B, then the rest can be A's for the flawless ditto to get the 31s and whatnotttt. Dunno. :P

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

You know you can change it so it's like, 31/e/30/31/31/31 and still get the same result in Hidden Power. Just use a calculator so you're getting the right number for the Hidden power you want.

I know, but I'm this perfectionist freak (see Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory for reference) and it has to be 30s and 31s...unless a 0 or some other number would be required for a set.

P.S. Love the Emonga in your sig. Flying Squirrels ftw!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years

• I know, but I'm this perfectionist freak (see Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory for reference) and it has to be 30s and 31s...unless a 0 or some other number would be required for a set.

P.S. Love the Emonga in your sig. Flying Squirrels ftw!
    Think about it this way. The higher attack IV on something that doesn't need attack (something like um.. Chansey), the higher the output damage from confusion it will receive.

Sometimes a lower attack IV can be helpful, even for HP and lowering the damage done by confusion.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Think about it this way. The higher attack IV on something that doesn't need attack (something like um.. Chansey), the higher the output damage from confusion it will receive.

Sometimes a lower attack IV can be helpful, even for HP and lowering the damage done by confusion.

MSNMSNMSNMSN.

But that was educational. I didn't know that was how confusion worked?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years

• MSNMSNMSNMSN.

But that was educational. I didn't know that was how confusion worked?
    Confusion works based on your Attack and Defense. The higher your attack compared to defense, the higher output damage from confusion. Tis be why Flatter is the most useless move ever.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

Detox

The only way they would get confuses is if some nub uses confuse ray or flatter like you said...aka bad.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I was thinking of breeding a Tangela but I don't know what nature to aim for. Any suggestions?

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    I was leaning towards a defensive nature. I just didn't know which one was best. I definitely go with Impish for the Double Status set, but I don't know if it's a better choice than the Physical Tank set.

Years
  • Ehhh, it's all preference really. Personally I wouldn't use Relaxed, because its slow enough as is. :/ Not that it's going to out speed anything anyways, but I'd like to not get outsped by Steelix, or something else very slow.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back