• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
  • A fully functional (the ability to write and display correctly) Korean language pack can only be installed on Windows 7 Ultimate. I'm assuming you're using Home edition, which doesn't include all the features Ultimate does, but it still works to an extent, which is why it's displayed correctly in your program.

아니오.

I'm on Home Edition and I can type and see Korean characters correctly.
    To prove that this is not BS,
    안녕하세요 포케코뮤니티. 조눈 뮤시카.

Now if anyone who understands Korean, kindly translate/romanize it. :D

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I can read that, and I'm on XP.

"Hi pokekomyuniti. Myusika jonun." is what it translates via Google. It suggest some slightly different symbols which mean "Hi pokekomyuniti. Musica I.". "Hi, I'm Musica" is apparently "안녕, 난 뮤직예요" - see, I even typed Korean on XP!

I think you were saying something about "Hi, PokéCommunity" right?

Anyway...what do we actually do with this thread? I've never posted here before...but I'm migrating to the Trade Corner...away from all the "OMG BW!!!" spam.

Years
  • It's a social topic, just for us that use this site for trading to talk about things.

Korean language is something that exists in XP if you have the East-Asia language pack installed. I know because I installed it in my computer. However, I tend to be running on Home Premium Windows 7 (my notebook), and it's unable to view it properly.

I mean, I see the Korean there, and in MSN, but in notepad, it doesn't view properly, nor in my VB.NET program (reminding you that VB.NET is the newer version of VB6 that is produced by Microsoft).

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I haven't a clue what VB.NET is xD

All I really know we've installed is XP Service Pack 3 (we eventually bypassed the problems caused by auto-installing it and Internet Explorer 8 - if you don't know, if you do it in a certain order, the order the installer will tell you to do it in, then it kinda messes your computer over, making it type CAPs without CAPSlock, inverting the mouse vertically etc.), and Office 2007...oh and that my school's Windows 7 and Office 2010 are rubbish as we're not admins, so it always notifies us to activate our products, but we can't do it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    Just did this in emerald:

355a.png

level 5
    Nature: bold
    I.V.'s 31/4/31/31/31/31
    moves:
    debating them

should I level this up with rare candies in emerald so I can get the move tutors to teach it siesmic toss?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    I haven't a clue what VB.NET is xD

All I really know we've installed is XP Service Pack 3 (we eventually bypassed the problems caused by auto-installing it and Internet Explorer 8 - if you don't know, if you do it in a certain order, the order the installer will tell you to do it in, then it kinda messes your computer over, making it type CAPs without CAPSlock, inverting the mouse vertically etc.), and Office 2007...oh and that my school's Windows 7 and Office 2010 are rubbish as we're not admins, so it always notifies us to activate our products, but we can't do it.

Never heard of that problem, nor experienced it and I have installed and updated, in the order you described, the XP Pro operating system countless times.

Anyway, this isn't Computer DCC. So . . .

I see a hacked, shiny Mew being traded. :D Imagine that!

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    356a.png
    male
    Level 37
    Nature: bold

I.V.'s
    31/4/31/31/31/31
    moves:
    siesmic toss, night shade, counter, confuse ray

374.png

level 5
    Nature: timid
    I.V.'s
    31/x/31/31/31/31
    moves:
    takedown

120.png

level 5
    ability: natural cure
    nature: timid
    I.V.'s
    31/x/31/31/31/31

these three pokemon I RNGed from my emerald. Opinions and comments would be helpful.

Detox

Dusclops needs Impish, its not like you're going to be using anything but seismic toss but w/e, it has a higher attack than special attack.

Beldum needs Adamant or Impish always, maybe jolly but I don't recommend that.

Years
  • Most shiny Mew would end up as hacks. From what I know, the only shiny Mew that can possibly be legitimate is Hadou Mew. Seeing the distribution numbers for the event, factoring in increased shiny rates, it's still very low, enough so that 99% of shiny Mew you see will be hacked.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Most shiny Mew would end up as hacks. From what I know, the only shiny Mew that can possibly be legitimate is Hadou Mew. Seeing the distribution numbers for the event, factoring in increased shiny rates, it's still very low, enough so that 99% of shiny Mew you see will be hacked.

What about the Faraway Island mew?

Years
  • I hear a lot of conflicting results. Some say yes, some say no. The people I have trusted for information over the years (and have given without problems before), say no, so I am trusting them. If someone was to provide proper proof, I may consider changing my mind.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I hear a lot of conflicting results. Some say yes, some say no. The people I have trusted for information over the years (and have given without problems before), say no, so I am trusting them. If someone was to provide proper proof, I may consider changing my mind.

It's just a wild encounter though, wouldn't it have a 1/8192 chance of being shiny just like any other standing legend? Shouldn't that also allow someone to RNG it to be shiny?

Years
  • From what I'm told (from very reliable people), Nintendo added a shiny-prevention code, like what appears on WC. It simply restricts the generation to non-shiny. I can't confirm it can be shiny and am told otherwise, so I have no reason not to trust the information.

Also, it's rounded up to 1/8192, so it's slightly better. Tis why I prefer to say 8/65535, which is the actual value it is.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • From what I'm told (from very reliable people), Nintendo added a shiny-prevention code, like what appears on WC. It simply restricts the generation to non-shiny. I can't confirm it can be shiny and am told otherwise, so I have no reason not to trust the information.

Do you know anyone who has actually attempted to RNG the Mew? I would attempt this myself but I have yet to attempt to RNG in Emerald. I'm guessing the best way to prove/disprove this (based on my limited understanding of the RNG) is to hit the correct shiny spread for your ID/SID combination. Then if the Mew is shiny, it is possible. If you hit the correct spread and it is not shiny, then the mew cannot be shiny.
    While I am just speculating, do you think it would be likely to work?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    The problem with the RNG theory is that not very many people still have the original ticket from the event. Most people who RNG it are using a hacked ticket, which more than likely is missing code.

So, if you have the original ticket given away from the event that you went and received yourself, attempt to RNG it and provide proof.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I would assume that the Tickets would be hacked, since the biggest trading community on Wifi is Smogon, and they pretty much call hacks legit, so yeah. That's my reasoning.

Should I come back into trading y/n?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back