• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
  • I would assume that the Tickets would be hacked, since the biggest trading community on Wifi is Smogon, and they pretty much call hacks legit, so yeah. That's my reasoning.

Should I come back into trading y/n?

Those legit Wondercard/Ticket RNG's are really rare, except those new ones.

Y. or maybe Y, later when B/W comes out. Biggest traders here were gone. D:

Most people would probably come back for trading when B/W comes out. <3
    I don't want to spoil the fun by grabbing a Japanese Rom with an English Patch and play it with my R4i. So

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Meh. It's boring here. Just wait for the B/W boom in March. Things should be pretty interesting by then.

I'm assuming the "Check My Pokémon" thread is gonna get flocked with countless of Keldeos, Meloettas, & Genesects. With a few shiny Reshirams & Zekroms too. XD
    Good luck to blaQk & Blade with that.

Years
  • That's the problem with it. You can't verify the ticket anymore, and when using an AR code to generate it, it's easily possible to leave out code and still have it generate the Mew. The actual ticket is easily possible of adding code to prevent shiny Pokemon, whereas the code that's actually required to allow the in-game event to active does not need to include it.

If you're making a hack (which I admit is easy enough to do if you know how), you can just set the PID to be one that generates a legit shiny, include the flag for shiny and done. Pokesav does the PID/IV combination, so it's easy enough.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • That's the problem with it. You can't verify the ticket anymore, and when using an AR code to generate it, it's easily possible to leave out code and still have it generate the Mew. The actual ticket is easily possible of adding code to prevent shiny Pokemon, whereas the code that's actually required to allow the in-game event to active does not need to include it.

The Mew is generated regardless of whether or not you have the ticket. As far as I can tell, all the ticket does is gets you to the island. You can use an exit modifier code to get to the island and the Mew will still be there and be able to be battled and caught. Would a legitimate ticket still be able to have a shiny prevention code for a Mew generated in this way?

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    The Mew is generated regardless of whether or not you have the ticket. As far as I can tell, all the ticket does is gets you to the island. You can use an exit modifier code to get to the island and the Mew will still be there and be able to be battled and caught. Would a legitimate ticket still be able to have a shiny prevention code for a Mew generated in this way?

This is true with all ticket events. However, it is the ticket itself that initiates the event and since the ticket directly effects the event, then yes, they can prevent it from being shiny.

Long story short, don't trade for any shiny Mews. Since, to my knowledge, a legit shiny one has yet to surface.

Years
  • I've seen a shiny Hadou that looks as if it could be legitimate. I haven't spent time with it but I think it's legit.

The thing is, if all the code that is needed is to allow someone to go to the special area, then all that's needed is a simple flag to be changed. Something like:

faraway_island = True

And then the ticket event is now accessible. So as far as the code goes, it would likely suggest there's more in it than needed.

But I hear a lot of conflicting results so I really wouldn't be able to verify much. I might decide to look into it a little more myself.

Hydreigon

R a w r
    Years
  • Meh. It's boring here. Just wait for the B/W boom in March. Things should be pretty interesting by then.

I'm assuming the "Check My Pokémon" thread is gonna get flocked with countless of Keldeos, Meloettas, & Genesects. With a few shiny Reshirams & Zekroms too. XD
    Good luck to blaQk & Blade with that.

I'd also expect a lot of sav'd normal pokes - Your Dory's, Shandera's, Musketeer Trio's, etc. (probably poorly as well) in the early days.

Angelique

Le Magnifique
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2014
    Hm strange, if what has been said about shiny Mew is true (Hadou possible, Faraway impossible), then things are a little backwards here.. aaa.

Just aim the cannon at shiny Keldeo. \o/

Years
  • I can't verify anything with 100% certainty. I can at least say that my sources are reliable sources and I don't see why they'd give false information, not that they have before.

Years
  • Me? I won't be checking hacks here. But I have been checking hacks longer than both people checking here, and have more knowledge in it than both of them as well.

Oh, and Namer updates were just posted, you can check it out on Secure. The HP issue was fixed, the translation file is updated (and can now be updated without the need for program updates) and customizable date was added.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2011
    To all my friends and everyone else on pokecommunity,

I have been debating this for two days and have come to the decision that I will be leaving pokecommunity's active list. I might check in about once or twice a month but I will br no longer avtive as a regular. I made this decision after someone by the name theplatinumshadow forced a good friend to stop being a friend because he assumed something was going on that was not. That person is apparently the spouse of my friend and assumed that I was "making a move" or something. It was a rude, disrespectful, and totally wrong accusation and left me feeling abused and now without my friend to discuss all things pokemon with. I feel that with the decline of active members and because of that situation that I must leave PC and search for greener pastures. It has been a pleasure and my honour to have been a part of PC these many months and I will treasure my memories of my time on here always. May the LORD bless you all and keep you close.
    Goodbye my friends,
    ray423

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    So the same thing happened again. My flawless frame was 14 so I stopped at 13 grabbed my egg, and saved. It hatched with the IVs for frame 16 :/ so uhh why.

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

Sometimes it just randomly advances.
    Like the spread I do for flawless all the time,
    It's on frame like... 9 or something.
    But sometimes when I start advancing I realize I've already started on like frame 4 or something I don't remember. So yeah, sometimes you just can't help the random advancing.

I'd say in your case, see if it consistently does that, and if yes, collected the egg ___ frames earlier.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Why complain about Pokemon? Iirc Australia doesn't even get wifi, nor EB Games events, and we have to wait 4 days after you americans to get B/W, so stop complaining.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • ...i just lost all my platinum shinies ... :'(

speaking of which, i want to learn how to rng on pkmn HG.
    does anyone know the link to the guide someone made ?

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • aha, thank you.
    i need to go to the pokeathlon now and stock up on rare candies...
    this is gonna need some patience

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back