• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[OLD] Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beelzenef

Luffy
Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen May 2, 2011

All luck, bro. Unless you're going for crown dogs or something which have pre-set natures...

I'm attempting to get Celebi. D:

You have to get lucky and hope you get a nature...

[546] Timid ♂ Cottonee | Prankster | Alice 57098
    Absorb | Encore
    31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
    Hatched at Nacrene City

IV breeding abuse, check.... Only a bit more time until I open my spoils to PC. ;P

Darn, this project is going to be a while. Nice breed. ^

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    Blade gave me a Jolly Syncher so that way I can RNG the middle crocodile. I hope I actually get it this time.

joshk_bra

EV trains like a boss.
    Years
  • Yay for (Reuni?) RANKKKK. Now I wish I could catch one. :C

Sexy fox in the house.

You have to get lucky and hope you get a nature...

[546] Timid ♂ Cottonee | Prankster | Alice 57098
    Absorb | Encore
    31 / 30 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
    Hatched at Nacrene City

IV breeding abuse, check.... Only a bit more time until I open my spoils to PC. ;P

now that's an awesome poke <3

Detox

So people. How bout them Loppunys?

Detox

There is no point in running timid, you aren't attacking so all the moves you are using ALWAYS go first due to Prankster..bold allows you to sorta actually take hits. You cant even argue that another Whimsicott can come in on it, what will they do to each other? PP stall to death? Oh and before you say it, Thundurus is suspect and cant be used, so no he cant ruin your day. Tornadus? "why would you leave it in on a Tornadus".

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    There is no point in running timid, you aren't attacking so all the moves you are using ALWAYS go first due to Prankster..bold allows you to sorta actually take hits. You cant even argue that another Whimsicott can come in on it, what will they do to each other? PP stall to death? Oh and before you say it, Thundurus is suspect and cant be used, so no he cant ruin your day. Tornadus? "why would you leave it in on a Tornadus".

Whimsicott countering other, slower (bold), Whimsicott is very viable considering Taunt completely shuts them down. Also, Thundurus shouldn't be suspect in the first place. Like I said, our tiers are shaping up to be a complete joke, just like the site that makes them.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Whimsicott countering other, slower (bold), Whimsicott is very viable considering Taunt completely shuts them down. Also, Thundurus shouldn't be suspect in the first place. Like I said, our tiers are shaping up to be a complete joke, just like the site that makes them.

You should be running Encore on Whimsicott anyway. Taunt doesn't really stop set-uppers like Encore does.

Mind giving me a reason why Thundurus shouldn't be suspect?

edit @ syn: you let it kill itself from struggle recoil is what you do

Detox

How is something with priority Taunt and Thunder Wave, the ability to rip through even the most well made team with sheer power after a single Nasty Plot not broken? If it wasn't broken, it wouldn't be suspect.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    How is something with priority Taunt and Thunder Wave, the ability to rip through even the most well made team with sheer power after a single Nasty Plot not broken? If it wasn't broken, it wouldn't be suspect.

From the sounds of your comment, Thundurus, like most other things, has been destroying you lately, lol. Also, last I checked, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Nasty Plot all weren't ran on the same set. Like I said, it's not broken nor are most of the other nonsense that is suspect at the moment.

In other, more important news:

Rufflet
    Lv. 40
    OT: blaQk
    Ability: Keen Eye
    Nature: Jolly
    IVs: 31, 31, 31, 2, 31, 31

Date is July 4th and it was caught on Victory Road for patriotism. :P I'll catch a Sheer Force one tomorrow.

Detox

This only shows you don't play and you have no idea what you are talking about. I never said those were on the same set, those were examples.

Years
  • From the sounds of your comment, Thundurus, like most other things, has been destroying you lately, lol. Also, last I checked, Taunt, Thunder Wave, and Nasty Plot all weren't ran on the same set. Like I said, it's not broken nor are most of the other nonsense that is suspect at the moment.

They don't need to be run on the same set, priority for all of those is nothing to scoff at. After one Nasty Plot and a Life Orb boosted staff attack, you're getting hit by something off of a circa 600 Special Attack. I'd like to see even a Blissey survive that. Also, you're argument as to why it shouldn't be banned, is invalid, as the only reason you've stated as to why it shouldn't be banned is "because it's not broken", and the rest of you're posts as to why it shouldn't be banned are exempt from content supporting that argument.

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    They don't need to be run on the same set, priority for all of those is nothing to scoff at. After one Nasty Plot and a Life Orb boosted staff attack, you're getting hit by something off of a circa 600 Special Attack. I'd like to see even a Blissey survive that. Also, you're argument as to why it shouldn't be banned, is invalid, as the only reason you've stated as to why it shouldn't be banned is "because it's not broken", and the rest of you're posts as to why it shouldn't be banned are exempt from content supporting that argument.

Cool story, bro. Tell it again.

Migit78

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Theres really this much arguement over a Whimsicott?

Anyways, im going Legendary hunting.
    Which balls should I use to catch each of these - Victini, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Landorus, Kyurem, Tornadus, Darmanitan, Musharna, Zoroark and Volcorona.

If its not obvious, these are the interacable pokes/legends. I already have Reshiram in a Premier ball, what balls look the best for the rest of them. I was thinking Luxary for Zoroark but thats as far as I got

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I have no idea why you're fighting whether Thunderus should be broken or not. I can't get one, so I don't care, but otherwise, if you can't beat it, you're not trying hard enough. Also with that, if you don't like Smogon's tier system, then don't follow it. I also love how you argue about these things in a trading thread. No one battles on wifi anymore. :P

Pidove
    Nature: Naughty
    Trait: Big Pecks
    IVs: 31 | 31 | 30 | x | x | 31
    Egg Moves: Hypnosis​

I know Sp. Def and nature is iffy, but I like this. Non-RNG'd too, btw.

Last edited:

AngelXavier

The Blue Dawg
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2011
    So Blade's helping me now, because we found out what was wrong, I hit the spread I had and I got this.​

Confagrigus Mummy
    Brave Alert to Sounds
    Level 37 UT
    31/30/30/10/30/31

I mean, yeah it wasn't what I wanted, but I'm proud. Blade's making me work with only Frame 3 Spreads, and there weren't any flawless spreads with Frame 3 for me, so I worked with what it gave me.

I also got a Jolly one. Still working towards this Jolly Krokorok.​

Last edited:

blaQk

perfectionist. ♥
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2014
    Blade's making me work with only Frame 3 Spreads, and there weren't any flawless spreads with Frame 3 for me, so I worked with what it gave me.

Go buy some repels and walk around then if you want a higher frame. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back