• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Oliver Twist asks for more! 5th Game.

Do you want a 5th Game?

• Yes - I want all the storylines in one

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • No - Two sequels is fine

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • I'm indifferent

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
  • Ok so these things have only just been announced but are you still expecting or do you want one final game that ties in both storylines? We've always got that in the past Pokemon games so do you feel slightly cheated out of it and being persuaded to purchase both games? Do you see this as just a money scheme or do you welcome the new changes?

I'm a bit of both but I definitely want a 5th game.

I'm thinking these are filler games for something bigger.... >_>

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It's just going too far if they make another, would it be Gray 3? I think these will be the last we see of Unova and maybe of Gen V.. although we've got all of 2013 for a new game sooo....

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Nooooooo, nonono, no way. I definitely wouldn't want to see a 5th.
    Instead of Gray, we got sequels, which I think is far better. But that's just my opinion of course. :P

EDIT: Ahaha, I just got the title! I see what you did there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It's possible...but Unova would get a whole lot more boring...
    Though in Tao's belief they mention how there was one (the unseen original dragon) then there was two (Kyurem formes) and the there was three (the trio split)... so it's possible...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Two sequels are enough. I will be sick of Unova if they make another. If anything, the last thing that should be made for this generation are RS remakes.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I want a fifth game but I don't expect one, tbh. Instead of tying up loose ends in a third game, I'm guessing they're doing that with a sequel, and I highly doubt they'll go with five games in one region so close together, since they do have 5 games in Kanto/Johto now with the remakes haha.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'd want another game after R/S remakes. Yes I'm greedy. Yes I love Unova. No I wouldn't get sick of Unova, lol.

Seriously Black and White are the best games ever, and if B/W 2 follows that then really, BRING ON A FIFTH UNOVA GAME. plzplzplzplz. But yeah only after R/S remakes since ending the generation on Unova would be nice.

YAY TOUJOURS WANTING ONE TOO YOU'RE AWESOME.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • I'd want another game after R/S remakes. Yes I'm greedy. Yes I love Unova. No I wouldn't get sick of Unova, lol.

Seriously Black and White are the best games ever, and if B/W 2 follows that then really, BRING ON A FIFTH UNOVA GAME. plzplzplzplz. But yeah only after R/S remakes since ending the generation on Unova would be nice.

YAY TOUJOURS WANTING ONE TOO YOU'RE AWESOME.

Ok all of this. Loving Toujors and Forever right now haha.

But good point, a 5th yer "3rd" game after the RS remakes like the 3rd Gen's pattern. And we get Unova in full 3D :D... It's might be the final Pokemon game.

Again, supports these sequels as just being filler games. Much needed filler games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • These wouldn't be filler games, they will be chain games linking the first two to the last.
    If they must make a fifth one than make it after RS remakes...Unova needs a break...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Asking for a "Grey" after the original "Black and White" titles and now "Black and White 2" is just milking the cow dry if you ask me. With these potential sequels, you can have not only a new story within Unova, but also the enhanced features, extras, and the tied up story lines that you'd expect in a third game. It's a complete package and more with "Black and White 2."

For me, "Black and White" has already been a forgettable and disappointing generation, that the idea of sequels are exciting enough for me that I really don't need another game based in Unova after this. Give us the RSE remakes next year (please!), and wrap up the fifth generation altogether.

In short, a fifth game set in the same region, with the same Pokémon, and very little plot change afterward is just overkill for one generation. Bring on the RSE remakes after these sequels, have it wrap up the Fifth Generation games and move onto the next generation set for the 3DS after.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Asking for a "Grey" after the original "Black and White" titles and now "Black and White 2" is just milking the cow dry if you ask me. With these potential sequels, you can have not only a new story within Unova, but also the enhanced features, extras, and the tied up story lines that you'd expect in a third game. It's a complete package and more with "Black and White 2."

For me, "Black and White" has already been a forgettable and disappointing generation, that the idea of sequels are exciting enough for me that I really don't need another game based in Unova after this. Give us the RSE remakes next year (please!), and wrap up the fifth generation altogether.

In short, a fifth game set in the same region, with the same Pokémon, and very little plot change afterward is just overkill for one generation. Bring on the RSE remakes after these sequels, have it wrap up the Fifth Generation games and move onto the next generation set for the 3DS after.

I completely agree with this. I was already dreading the possibility of Gray. The fact that these are sequels and not B/W with a few enhancements makes it the best possible way to wrap up Unova.

Make some R/S/E remakes and lets get cracking on some Gen 6! :P

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My wallet says no. My experience with B/W says be leery of anything that takes place using 5th gen mechanics. I don't know if I'll be even getting the "2" series of games, let alone another game afterwards. But who knows? if the "2" games turn out to offset/eliminate most of my gripes with B/W, and impress me somehow, I might be inclined to go against my wallet and give it a try.

Nepse

Dragonite<3
    Years
  • Well, if BW2 turns out to be a sequel, then the 5th game is the third part of the Unova series (a sequel to the sequel), I would have to buy it. Considering BW2's plot ends in a cliffhanger.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm just wondering if they include Hoenn in the storyline then these are the last games on Gen V or at least that rules out the remakes and then in 2013 one more game which would be a third game to BW2, that would be ridiculous.

The Author

The Hero of Knothole Glade
    Years
  • I don't see them making a 5th game. If they do, it'd be a bit overboard.

But, looking at the facts, Black and White were based off of Yin and Yang. You can't fuse those together, which is why I think that there will be no fifth game.

Years
  • Just cause it says on Serebii, a site that posts rumors as well as speculations, doesn't mean that is the entire case. We know they are the Successors of Pokemon Black and Pokemon White, but that is ALL we know FOR A FACT. Masuda did not say they were sequels He just said they were new games coming out.

They can very well be remastered games with the two new Kyurems added into the game.

They could be the "third" Game split into two games.

They could be Generation 6, although less likely due to them not declaring it as the 6th Generation. (which means other than the two Kyurems No new Pokemon hopefully)

I don't think B/W 2 are the "third" games.

There will be a third game after B/W 2

blue

gucci
    Years
  • IMO if BW2 got a third game that would be taking it too far, the conclusion of all this Ghetsis/N/Plasma/Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem scenario should conclude in these games and then they should move on to the next games weather that be RS remakes assuming Hoenn doesn't depute in B2W2.

Back