• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Rumor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

ORAS Rumor Discussion

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are set to be released within coming months, and with that, comes a lot of rumors, fake scans, unconfirmed news, and such things to keep people talking. These kind of topics can't possibly be discussed here, but fortunately, we have this thread to save ourselves. Whenever you run into anything that have no official validity, you're always free to come here, post, and kick off a conversation. However, before we go anywhere, let's check out the guidelines below.

Thread Rules

1. You're allowed to converse only unconfirmed or fake things here. For those that actually are confirmed to be real, please visit the respective thread.
    2. You may talk about anything, but if they turn out to be true, then the topic will be exempted.
    3. Below are lists of fakes (stuff confirmed to be fake due to errors made by the creator, or an original found elsewhere), and rumors (stuff not yet confirmed to be real or fake). If you'd like something to be added here, just say so, and we'll look into it!
    4. If some things on the list do get confirmed and we forget to remove them, let us know.

Fakes List

Faker than Mega Feebas

Rumors List

Scans
    • Something else is bound to come.

News
    • StreetPass will be used to trade Pokémon and items.
    • Trainers can even make copies of their current team and trade them.
    • Secret Bases become special StreetPass Headquarters for players.
    • The Trick House and Contests make a return.
    • Mega Groudon, Mega Kyogre, Mega Shiftry, Mega Swampert, Mega Latios, Mega Latias, Mega Sceptile, and Mega Ludicolo are revealed in new video footage.
    • Pokémon-Amie will take the place of Berry Blending.
    • An exclusive Friend Safari will allow trainers to get Pokémon from Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

Via Nintendo News.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Basically seems out of place to me. The wording is off, and they just recently released Mega Sableye - why throw two more into the media so soon after it? As a strategical move that doesn't make sense. Personally, I would like to see these two receive Mega evolutions in the future, but as far as that poster goes, I think it's fake.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Basically seems out of place to me. The wording is off, and they just recently released Mega Sableye - why throw two more into the media so soon after it? As a strategical move that doesn't make sense. Personally, I would like to see these two receive Mega evolutions in the future, but as far as that poster goes, I think it's fake.

Well they did reveal Mega Sableye close to the official reveal of the Mega Hoenn starters and Mega Diancie, so it wouldn't be all that surprising. Also it'll build hype for their reveal.

However there are misspellings, also why show silhouettes of the Pokemon getting Mega evolutions instead of showing them, or having their Megas have the silhouettes. So those things point to it being fake.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I think it'd be pretty cool if Mega-Metagross were actually a thing. Have always wanted to see a mega form for this Pokémon, and this would literally be a dream come true for me. I'm not really sure how many people would like it, but I know I definitely would; one way or another, I'd make sure to have it on my team.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I'd like to see Mega Metagross (Megagross) and Mega Milotic in the game seeing as they are kinda rare back in RSE. I hope they do make them slightly valuable this time I guess.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Mega Metagross would be indeed neat. Sadly, that scan does mix up language a bit, and as someone else pointed out you wouldn't hide them now in shadow when every other mega reveal for ages has been with a proper video or full artwork.

Anyways, edited the list some, and Endless put the stuff from the sppf list here too (as far as I'm concerned, it's best to have this info accessible to all fans! Less assumptions on fake stuff being real the better, especially when people steal other people's work from deviantart or somesuch and claim it's a leak. Sigh.). Also this is now a sticky, until release (in which case we'll no longer care about leaks!).

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Hmm, I would have really liked to see some actual body changes on the silhouettes, that might have made it a lot more believable.

The problem with most rumours is that, they try revealing what we want to see, so there isn't anything unexpected (like Lance being featured in the games or something) which may have made the rumour more interesting.

As of now, I'm going along with the Metagross/Salamence/Milotic ones because it seems that pseudo-legends are getting megas and Metagross and Salamence are the ones native to Hoenn. Milotic because Gyarados got one and that Wallace will be less of a joke if he has one.

hint hint the last link is broken apparently because 4chan doesn't like direct links

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    The news rumors are VERY believable, considering some of that other stuff on Nintendo News has came true. Though there's one thing that's bugging me: Groudon and Kyogre already have Primal forms. So that makes me think that at least the megas being leaked is unbelievable.

Has anyone seen this image in the spoiler? Supposedly it's supposed to be a 'Best Buy advertising poster', but it's clearly fake. It's off colored, there are a bunch of Megas that people want, and the screenshots are all things we already saw. If anything, I don't think we'd get screenshots.

Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    hint hint the last link is broken apparently because 4chan doesn't like direct links
    It... still works for me! Maybe it was temporary? Maybe later I'll reupload separately.
    Has anyone seen this image in the spoiler? Supposedly it's supposed to be a 'Best Buy advertising poster', but it's clearly fake
    Yeah, it's in the first post list as well (2nd one I believe).

Years
    I may be the only one, but I'm hoping for Camerupt and Sharpedo, and maybe one or two more Megas, and that's it. If they give all the popular Pokemon Mega evolutions, it loses its special feel and becomes the norm, just a little add-on. Right now, it's a pretty big deal for a Pokemon to receive a Mega evolution, and they should try to keep it that way.

Last edited:
    Years
    I may the only one, but I'm hoping for Camerupt and Sharpedo, and maybe one or two more Megas, and that's it. If they give all the popular Pokemon Mega evolutions, it loses its special feel and becomes the norm, just a little add-on. Right now, it's a pretty big deal for a Pokemon to receive a Mega evolution, and they should try to keep it that way.

I guess the reason why Camerupt and Sharpedo are getting rumored is due to them being the "ace" Pokemon of Maxie and Archie respectively, and it was already shown the two leaders had Mega Stones on them.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    If Charizard gets an Omega form, the Venusaur and Blastoise should also get Omega forms.

Years
    Oh man, this one made me laugh. That's a terrible attempt at a fake, seriously. xD There's probably going to be a lot of images of Primal Rayquaza flying around the internet, which is understandable. Until it's revealed by Game Freak, I still remain skeptical that it'll get a Primal form. Not completely dismantling the possibility, though!

Years
    That news isn't true is it? Wouldn't that mean no more WiFi trades?

And has anyone seen the Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, fusion scan? It's so funny

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    ...I would love for everything besides the first one on the news list to be true, it just sounds atrocious :x That would mean no more international trades...

also rayquaza/dialga and rayquaza/palkia fusion confirmed

SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!

Years
    ...I would love for everything besides the first one on the news list to be true, it just sounds atrocious :x That would mean no more international trades...

also rayquaza/dialga and rayquaza/palkia fusion confirmed

SINNOH CONFIRMED!!!

No more international trades would suck, and the one about copying teams and trading them sounds fake as

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    The rumor about the footage of the Megas sounds quite fake as it's already known that Kyogre and Groudon's Megas are called Primal forms, and may not even be considered Megas by GF and/or fans.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back