• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMG A VM! I MUST RESPOND RIGHT AWAY

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    I try to look at them only when I have the time to respond because if I don't then I end up forgetting and the notification isn't there to remind me. But if I have a free moment then I tend to respond as soon as I see it.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Depends on where I see it and how much I need to reply to. If it's something I need to put a lot of thought into, I will wait. Likewise if I see it on my phone or at the end of my lunch break, then I will wait until I am home or something to reply properly.. otherwise I reply right away.

Years
    Because the bold number changes around the "Welcome, Seattle" I usually notice it right away. Responding is a different story... If I don't respond, I just feel bad but sometimes nothing comes across my mind to say anything and it's a real dilemma.

Years
    I usually respond to VMs as soon as I notice them, and I usually have at least one every time I get on so I suppose that's a good thing. Mind you I will always reply to my PMs first.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I try to respond to VMs as soon as I can. If I see them as sent, you'll likely get a response right away. But if I'm doing something don't expect a VM back right away and it might take a few minutes. Though sometimes I tend to forget about them and may not respond back till hours up to days later. >.> Though usually if it's only been a few hours, it's cause I wasn't online.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I'm lucky in the sense that people rarely start conversations with me, and the VMs are mostly because of something I posted or VMd, so VMs are my slaves in that aspect. I tend to finish all my conversations as well, so I don't fall into trouble. Rarely do I get more than 4 a day, in which case I waste the whole day replying back. Thus I conclude that I don't like to get in touch with too many people.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It depends on what's said in the VMs, who the VM conversation is with, and how tired I am. Sometimes, I respond right away if the VM in question is simple and requires a quick reply, or if the person is waiting for me to say something. Other times, I'll read the VM and think about what I want to say for a while in order to make sure that I've read everything correctly and have gathered my thoughts.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I'm usually replying to VMs as soon as I notice them, but sometimes I'm putting my thoughts on VMs to make sure that I answer it right.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
    I can't reply to something that I never get ;__;

but I reply as soon as I see the notification, I hate when people take forever to reply so I try not to be hypocritical and take long to reply when I get VM'd.

Years
    99% of the time I'll respond to my VMs within a few minutes of seeing them, since I know I'll forget to do it if I leave them for too long. Once and a while I'll get one that I don't feel like responding to, but those are generally few and far between.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I respond as soon as I see them, but it also depends on who sends them..if a friend/someone I know does, then I'd reply near immediately, if it's someone I've never seen before, then I might not.

Years
    Depends on where I see it and how much I need to reply to. If it's something I need to put a lot of thought into, I will wait. Likewise if I see it on my phone or at the end of my lunch break, then I will wait until I am home or something to reply properly.. otherwise I reply right away.

I am in agreement with the young lady here - I do try and respond to them as quick as I can though, cause I personally don't like to be kept waiting >_<

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I actually don't feel any need to reply to VMs. I'll reply to one because I want to. There are times where I plan to reply to something, but I have to leave the computer to go somewhere, and I end up forgetting about it. I usually feel bad about it when that happens, but I don't think its that big of a deal. I'm the same with text messages too. Then again, if someone doesn't reply to a text message I send, I tend to take it personally if I'm not in a good mood. I'm a bit of a hypocrite in that regard, but aren't we all at times?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    That really depends on the member and the conversation. Some people I just enjoy talking to more than others, so those people are more likely to get an immediate reply (that doesn't necessarily mean I don't enjoy talking to people I don't respond immediately to though :p). The direction of the conversation is also pretty important. I mean, with people just saying "Hi how it's going" it's easy to reply and all for the first few VM's, but it doesn't really get much further, making it kinda hard to reply while still keeping something to talk about :p So yeah, I often end up not getting around to replying somewhere in those convo's (if the other member doesn't first). Long conversations also take a bit before I reply, because I may not always be in the right mindset to type out such long replies :p But they're usually the more interesting ones :)

But yeah, I try to reply as fast as I can :p

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I'm bad at them...I just put them off because I get distracted or because I felt there wasn't a need for me to reply. There were times that I respond to a VM three weeks after it was posted and I had no shame in saying "sorry for the late reply!!!11!!" xD

Back