• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OMG SUPER EGG HATCHING =D (Must see for breeders!!!)

Pr3

Years
  • I did this on the 2nd day I had the game :P. I'm all for not hurting my hands with RSI.

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • I found out about this from a friend of mine who's a hard core breeder, and ever since I've been using this method to hatch faster ^^

And you get to do other things while you circle the tower too, win win :D!

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    That's really lame...All you don't have to do is touch the circle pad....you can do that either way and its not that big of a deal...

You also lose time not being on the route since you can't just zip in, dump/release the babies and get new ones then and there.

While its simple, its not more efficient than staying on 6 and repeatedly zipping across the route between the cave and city since you have to fly to the city, wheel yourself across to the daycare, then fly to Lumoise to set up that gimmick.

Cute, but not really that great a method.

Shmew

Shmew The Mew Hybird
    Years
  • Its alot better then always having to move the stick to me, plus can spend time with family or your bf or w/e instead of having all your time in the game hatching eggs, its an amazing thing for ones looking for that shiny pokemon :3

Marionz

New to 6th Gen
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2013
    yeah its pretty cool... now i don't have to use AR to fast hatch eggs and RNG to manipulate perfect IV's... its all been made easier in gen 6 thank GF :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • This has actually become my favorite method of egg hatching. I usually take up to five eggs with me at a time along with my Talonflame and fly on over to Central Lumiose. Once all eggs have hatched I go back to the Day Care until I have another five to hatch (this doesn't take long either). Sure, the flying back and forth and depositing is a little more work than if you just stayed on route, but when you want to be able to hatch eggs and do something else at the same time, it's perfect for that. Gosh, Xander.

SilverCrown

Fired Up!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 6, 2022
    Wow, this is helpful! I got tired of going up and down the route near the Daycare after about 50 eggs. xD Thanks for sharing.

Years
  • Leaving pokemon in the daycare and doing this is a good way to get your pokemon leveled up quickly too, at least if the mechanics are still the same as in gen 5.
    You could do this same thing in the subway in black and white.

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • I think everyone will have their own preference on how they will want to hatch their eggs. But I do find this useful, and of course when I do go to Lumiose, I make sure to take more eggs along with my Talon just like Artemis does. xD

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I do egg hatching en mass as well. I tried the trick last night and it was not any faster than doing it on the route. If you know the timing you can do a continuous streak across the route with little trouble.

As for walking away from it and doing other things...I'm usually egg hatching, chatting with a bunch of friends, and playing on my playstation at the same time. I'm used to doing up to five things at once so I would never have to use this as an excuse to do other things.

Years
  • This has actually become my favorite method of egg hatching. I usually take up to five eggs with me at a time along with my Talonflame and fly on over to Central Lumiose. Once all eggs have hatched I go back to the Day Care until I have another five to hatch (this doesn't take long either). Sure, the flying back and forth and depositing is a little more work than if you just stayed on route, but when you want to be able to hatch eggs and do something else at the same time, it's perfect for that. Gosh, Xander.

Or just accumulate the eggs until you're set for this method. (That is, if you want to use this method)

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    My Firefox refuses to run the video, and when I switch browsers, I can't watch more than six seconds without it freezing (as if in a constant state of "buffering". Can you just explain what is in here please?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Its alot better then always having to move the stick to me, plus can spend time with family or your bf or w/e instead of having all your time in the game hatching eggs, its an amazing thing for ones looking for that shiny pokemon :3

But...if you're gonna be spending time with people, wouldn't you not be playing the game anyway? Just a thought.

Anyway, this method isn't really for me. I'd rather be on the route where I can get the eggs rather than get a group of them, leave to go there, and sit around waiting on them to hatch. Even if I have to move the circle pad, it's not a big deal.

Ribbon

The Queen of Shinx
    Years
  • Amazing idea.

Now I can actually do my college assignments without feeling the need to hatch and breed for my shiny eevee.

Time to put it to the test...

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    i prefer to hatch them as i get them.

i don't feel like stocking up on eggs and taking trips to the pokemon center; nor do i want to keep having to make a special trip to the daycare everytime i have an empty slot.

i might use this if i have homework to do or something, but other than that i don't plan on using this.

Years
  • Thank you for posting this, manually cycling up and down the daycare route was getting really boring. Now I can play Football Manager while I let Pokémon do its own work.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Now I can find friend safari shinies on my other 3DS while my eggs are hatching. Thanks for posting the video.

Back