• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years

Who's up with Studio Ghibli films? Most probably the best anime movies yet. Stories are great and the movies are really gives you a great goosebumps haha.

Yukari

I should probably find some music in some other genres I like but screw that.

Spirited away is one of my favorite movies ever. Haven't really watched anything else by Ghibli though. x: (Although, I'm very interested in Ponyo. It looks adorable and I'd probably love it.)

As well as VHS tapes. Look it is the Land Before Time!!!
    Oh, I haven't heard that name in a long time. I used to have the entire series on VHS tapes. I think I still have a few- but I ended up giving most of them to my cousin or they were sold. x:

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

It's not so much its Disney influences that make Ghibli popular so much as how its presented and advertised. Disney certainly did play a part, though, considering they're the guys that publish and dub the movies in the West.

But yeah, I've seen almost every Ghibli movie, even the non-Miyazaki ones. Love the everloving crap out of them. My favorite of them- Whisper of the Heart- was actually really set my eyes on pursuing gaming as a career. That movie means a lot to me.

But if I had to recommend ones that I think anyone in the thread would like, I'd say Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and Howl's Moving Castle. Possibly Castle in the Sky and Ponyo, too. As for which ones I think are best, I'd say Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, and Princess Mononoke. Save for a few (Arriety in particular comes to mind), most of them are great and I'd REALLY recommend you guys look into them more. Seriously, it's good stuff.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

I've seen Nausicaä and the Canyon of Breeze, Lil'Queen Mononoke and Howl's Mobile Fortress.

The first was neat, the second was super neat, and the third I remember very little of since it was five years ago and I started focusing on... something else halfway in.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Spirited Away is definitely my favorite. I actually wasn't a huge fan of Howl's Moving Castle, though I barely remember any of it, so I can't give much analysis on why -_- I think I'm actually in the same situation as Pokestick...I was half paying attention, so I didn't really follow the plot.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Yeah, watched it earlier this year. Miyazaki's latest and last movie. It was good, I liked it a fair bit. The visuals are fantastic and you may or may not cry. Probably my greatest sense of joy came from the excitement I can only imagine Miyazaki had while he was making that movie, considering the main character was basically him.

It's about the life of a man with a fascination for planes (much like Miyazaki), and...well, that's pretty much all I can see. You can certainly feel the love and pretty much anyone can relate to the MC's strife and struggle. It's actually based on the story of one very important person in the world of Aeronautics. I'd definitely recommend it. Like most others. Except Arrietty.

Howl's the second most highly regarded, next to Spirited Away. That's pretty much the reason I recommend it (because I assume it has that type of appeal. At the same time, it's also the most divisive. I like it a fair bit, but it isn't among my favorites. Whisper of the Heart is definitely my favorite Ghibli movie, followed by Spirited away, Mononoke, and Kiki. You guys should watch them. Really. Please do it.

---

Also, Poki, you're a monster. Sending a guy games out of nowhere like that. Y-you think I'm gonna thank you? I-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-i-idiot...

Spoiler:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    (69 + 69 + 69 + 69 + 69 + 69) * 0 + 99
    Wowzers, The Wind Rises definitely sounds worth a watch then ^^

These visuals sure are beautiful.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back