• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

on fleek [dLtMs0 v 5.5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Yeah, Ghibli's art and animation is a lot of what pulls people into the movies in the first place. Breathtakingly good, at times.

Steam Fall Sale's started and it's actually good, so I immediately ignored my Wishlist and bought Huniepop. Not intentionally, mind you, but for the price it's pretty damn fun. Been thinking about getting Dankest Dungeon but apparently as the game went on in development the creators started pandering to specific crowds and making the game "worse". Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but I might as well wait for the full release, anyway. I've got other things to buy :q

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

Spirited Away is probably my favorite of the Ghibli movies. The newer ones were kind of lacking though.

In terms of art and emotional response, I prefer Shinkai Makoto's work. 5cm/s and Garden of Words were my favorites.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Been meaning to watch 5cm/s, but it decided that in 201X it was cool to have two dubs. Which means I have to choose.

I CAN'T choose. Now if one of them happened to have a Laura Bailey or a Troy Baker, that'd make things easy, but nope...I don't think. And I'm not watching it subbed, nopenope.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

Technically speaking, Black Friday is a two week ordeal here. Supposedly the best deals are on Friday, then there are the Pre-Black Friday Black Friday sales that started the previous Monday/Sunday, the Weekend Black Friday Sales, Cyber Monday, and the "extended" Black Friday sales where they "unexpectedly" extend sales through the following week.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

Wow, somehow I totally forgot Black Friday is coming up. But it works out pretty well because I was planning to on going to the mall this Friday anyways since it's my day off.

Now let's just hope it's not super crowded and I don't get pulverized by stampeding shoppers.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

You know it's going to happen.
    Spoiler:

I got dis 8)

Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

She is! Also very young-looking. She needs to share her secrets so I can stop aging at last.

I... guess I already knew about schools in the US having that daily ritual, but it's so alien to me that I forgot it completely.
    Morning prayers in Swedish schools stopped being a thing in the mid sixties, and patriotic chants would give... nationalistic vibes, to put it lightly. I guess that's why Sweden is Sweden and America is America.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

It's a distant memory for me. We had to say it from Pre-School until Highschool, and I probably won't say it again until I have kids of my own.

I'm not a fan, though. Not a fan of many ritualistic things, really. Some people see not saying the pledge as disrespectful to those that died to protect the flag (and the country), but really, it's filled with antiquated ideas and so much misinformation that one has to wonder whether it's more disrespectful to not attempt to understand what the pledge even is and still say it.

If it's the thought that counts, than my appreciation should be fine in itself. These rituals rarely mean as much to the people performing them as the rituals themselves are meant to, anyway.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years

I don't have too much of a problem with it, but I've always thought it was a little weird that we're taught to say it since like, pre-school, before we're old enough or educated enough to even know what the heck it is we're saying.

Years
    117. It was completely mandatory in elementary school. You could choose not to from 5th grade on, though, and in high school it was done once in a blue moon, if at all. At least in my school district, anyway. I find that a bit odd for a school in a very politically conservative area of my state.

Yukari

I've never been forced to do a pledge of allegiance or anything like that.

Yeah.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back