• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: On Tuesdays Oryx and Triforce think it's Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • My laptop was my mom's for a long time before she bought an iPad and gave it to me, and it's basically a fossil at this point. Tons of crap on the hard drive, I'm sure it has a few viruses as well, albeit minor ones as I can still use it haha. Am really in need of a new one D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You might want to try saving all your data on an external and wiping it first. Even if you end up getting a new one in the end that can make an old computer seem like new.

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • MSN sucks. Live sucks, Skype sucks. Everything sucks.

IRC sucks less.

and PC just so happens to have a chat. how convenient for all of us!

Years
  • You might want to try saving all your data on an external and wiping it first. Even if you end up getting a new one in the end that can make an old computer seem like new.

I probably will, but I've been looking at a few models that I really like and will probably purchase anyway d: Though I guess I'll see how it runs and if it's sufficient, I'll postpone upgrading for sure.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • o/

That was such a blast… heh. Eastern Colorado was no-man's land, Kansas was long and boring, Missouri was weird, Illinois was longer than expected, Indiana was shorter than expected, Kentucky was Scooby-Doo creepy (being the only humans around on the interstate surrounded by Appalachian fog), West Virginia was a nostalgia trip (Huntington, Charleston, and Princeton), Virginia and NC were short, and… yep. Now we live 20 minutes from any civilization southwest of Rock Hill with my savvy uncle.

He gave me 5 laptops and a desktop tower, me being excited since this computer is garbage. Two were fried (the two good ones), the MacBook's screen was busted, and the only working one was Pentium III ancient, with a fax card and parallel port legit. Haven't tried the desktop yet~

Since I disappeared without notice as far as PC was concerned (I left notice on the Minecraft server I was on but only remembered too late for here), I was honestly expecting a lot more when I got back. o_O There were no promotions, no put-downs (or anything popcorn-worthy like that) got one VM (a chain mail thing), no PMs, and a quote from like two hours after I left. I am disappoint.

Really though, it's all good to be anchored somewhere, finally. One of Deano's ♥♥♥♥♥es (both pitbulls) acted really strange when first meeting me, the one being Athena (Octavia always looks at me weird). Athena won't let anyone near me and loves interacting with me, and blew Dean's and Karen's mind when she did – she's really dominative and aggressive to most everyone and only has a largely neutral relationship with Deano anyway (probably either how I stand and walk or how I smelt - I hadn't showered in three days). Want to know the most interesting thing I learnt coming out here? People in the west's service industry are inhospitable dicks. The standard of service in CO was piss poor compared to how I was interacted with as far west as Missouri - people talked and acted like they didn't have a reason to commit suicide, and it was a breath of fresh air… to see people of modest means being nice to strangers simply because of their culture. Love these parts for that.

Oh, and the age of consent here is 16. Makes me wish I was just a little bit closer to civilization :V

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    o/

That was such a blast… heh. Eastern Colorado was no-man's land, Kansas was long and boring, Missouri was weird, Illinois was longer than expected, Indiana was shorter than expected, Kentucky was Scooby-Doo creepy (being the only humans around on the interstate surrounded by Appalachian fog), West Virginia was a nostalgia trip (Huntington, Charleston, and Princeton), Virginia and NC were short, and… yep. Now we live 20 minutes from any civilization southwest of Rock Hill with my savvy uncle.

He gave me 5 laptops and a desktop tower, me being excited since this computer is garbage. Two were fried (the two good ones), the MacBook's screen was busted, and the only working one was Pentium III ancient, with a fax card and parallel port legit. Haven't tried the desktop yet~

Since I disappeared without notice as far as PC was concerned (I left notice on the Minecraft server I was on but only remembered too late for here), I was honestly expecting a lot more when I got back. o_O There were no promotions, no put-downs (or anything popcorn-worthy like that) got one VM (a chain mail thing), no PMs, and a quote from like two hours after I left. I am disappoint.

Really though, it's all good to be anchored somewhere, finally. One of Deano's ♥♥♥♥♥es (both pitbulls) acted really strange when first meeting me, the one being Athena (Octavia always looks at me weird). Athena won't let anyone near me and loves interacting with me, and blew Dean's and Karen's mind when she did – she's really dominative and aggressive to most everyone and only has a largely neutral relationship with Deano anyway (probably either how I stand and walk or how I smelt - I hadn't showered in three days). Want to know the most interesting thing I learnt coming out here? People in the west's service industry are inhospitable dicks. The standard of service in CO was piss poor compared to how I was interacted with as far west as Missouri - people talked and acted like they didn't have a reason to commit suicide, and it was a breath of fresh air… to see people of modest means being nice to strangers simply because of their culture. Love these parts for that.

Oh, and the age of consent here is 16. Makes me wish I was just a little bit closer to civilization :V
    Uhhh, what exactly is the context behind this post? Oops.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Urghh this morning my half-asleep brain convinced myself that I was doing something terribly wrong by leaving on the crockpot overnight and then I stressed myself out to the point of puking and now I'm exhausted and have to work.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I once thought I left a gas lamp on, but eh, I was too drunk to give a ♥♥♥♥. I guess its on topic?

Years
  • I remember a day back earlier this year when I left my radio running all day when leaving for school and getting home. Oops. At least the radio doesn't draw much power though.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Urghh this morning my half-asleep brain convinced myself that I was doing something terribly wrong by leaving on the crockpot overnight and then I stressed myself out to the point of puking and now I'm exhausted and have to work.

what's a crockpot?
    you teach me so much about life

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's a slow cooker. I'm surprised; I'd think leaving something in there for that long would result in something decently edible. Providing something was in it, of course.

It's meant to be on that long. I ended up having to call out because it was worse than just that one puke. Urgh. I slept like 5 hours more after I called out though and felt much better.

Years
  • I can say I've never stressed out the point of puking, but I've stressed out so much that I've had migraines and slight fever.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I'm certain somewhere in the recesses of my memory and the incarnations of GC that I've mentioned this before, but when I lived in Colorado our roommate Melodie left a pot of water boiling on the stove while taking the dogs for a walk, and when I came home I saw it on the stove slowly fuming smoke like some sort of Aztec ritual device to summon Quetzalcoatl or something. Very surreal to look at o.o

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Két ZAL Kō-ɘl-tl is how I say it. It's a serpent god from Aztec mythology prophecized to return by different magicians around the end times before Hernan Cortes destroyed them.
    Wow, that is freaking cool. Never really looked into Aztec mythology, but from what I've heard it's quite interesting. But- that name, it looks hard to pronounce but if you look at it closely it's actually quite easy xD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I learned a lot of history by playing the campaigns of Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, haha. Quetzalcoatl being one of the things I learned about there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back