• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

One super power...

Years
  • So, if you could only have ONE super power, what would it be and why? I would like to have the power of ditto so I can transform into anything I've seen. Imagine turning into a car or airplane at will? Or the Hulk? That'd be pretty cool.

But yeah, what super power and why. And have fun! :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I would choose immutability. It's probably the most OP superpower there is. Basically what it is, is if you don't know what something is then it can't do anything to you. And if you do know what something is then you have to allow it to affect you or else it does nothing. Meaning you could never really get sick unless you wanted to for whatever reason, and no other superpowers could affect you unless you said or thought it was fine. But the degree to which the power would go might be dangerous because if it's absolute immutability then you might think one day that you want to fly and that you don't want the power of gravity to have an effect on you anymore and so off you float up into space and you fall asleep because you feel great and you die in space from something because you end up floating way off into space and can't get back and live forever in solitude.

pkmin3033

Inherent omniscience would be nice. It implies to me the ability to know how to acquire any other superpower I could care to name, so rather than wish for a single superpower, I'd wish for one that would enable me to acquire all of them...and more besides. As they say...knowledge is power.

Note the distinction between inherent omniscience and total omniscience: there are some things I'd probably choose not to know, and it'd be nice to be able to make that distinction...I imagine knowing everything at once would be quite the headache, as well. One could also lead to the other anyway: if you know everything, you know how to limit yourself, and if you choose to limit yourself, that implies that if you don't you know everything. Well, I suppose that depends on your theological perspective, but the two seem linked to me. I'd start with inherent and make my mind up afterwards, aha.

Years
  • With these types of questions I always have to rule out the really OP superpowers. I want some kind of balance in my reality you know. So omnipotency is out.
    I'd have to go with Piezokinetics, the ability to manipulate pressure. I just think it's super cool being able to explode things and it gives a sort of telekinesis in that by creating variable pressure zones on opposite sides of on object you'd be able to accelerate them.

Years
  • I'd control the air.

Reasons:

You can fly. (tehnically, you'd be lifting yourself together with air or something like that.

You can be invisible. Now you see me, now you dont, cos I surrounded myself with a cloud or a smoke.

You can perform telekinesis. Nope, I might not be able to perform real telekinesis, but I can sure as heck lift the entire air mass around anything I want. ha!

Shock waves. Air +air +air+ many lots of a lot of air = pressure, huge amount of pressure in a second = kaboom. If I wanted I could send anything flying away in a matter of second.

Tornadoes. Oh no, people surrounded me and are trying to get me. Too bad Im lazy and I dont feel like flying atm. I guess its over. LOL, nope, big ass tornado + air bubble which will let you stay still inside of it = WIN.

Water bending - control air around water
    Fire bending - control whatever is flammable with the air and you control the fire.
    Earth bending - basically same as above.
    Air bending - You can control the air so there ya go!

Controlling air is multi-practical. Sure it doesnt make you invulnerable, but with a good amount of skills, you can turn this power into almost any power you want. with the right knowledge of biology, chemistry, physics, medicine etc you could probably figure out how to live in space for a certain amount of time. Or on other planets, deep caves, high mountains etc.

We are surrounded by air (referring to the air as we know it), at least here on Earth. Air is everywhere, and cos of that, it makes the most of space (right?), by controlling the air, you control the air (Palkia ftw), and if you knew enough and cared to search deeply into the space, you might just as well find the ways to control other stuff like time (Dialga ily), dimension and whatnot (Giratina ly2).
    Mighzt sound a bit far fetched, but I think it wouldnt be in reality if you could control air.

Years
  • An IQ a thousand times that of Alakazam's, which would mean that with a single thought, I could very well obliterate this reality in a heartbeat. But if I wasn't to go OP'd, I'd choose cryokinesis. Ice has very limitless possibilities as we all have learned from Fairy Tail.

Neo Emolga

Legendary Sky Squirrel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2016
    The power to make whatever I imagine reality. Now THAT is the most OP superpower there is. And holy cow would it be the most fun.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've always said telekinesis every time this subject comes up but I think I might have changed my mind. Telekinesis is and always will be my favourite super power, but I think shapeshifting might actually be a bit more useful to my life.

It would save me a lot of time having to choose foods to keep my figure and such because I could just look the way I wanted all the time. I wouldn't have to worry about my baldness genes that my mother was kind enough to pass down to me (seriously, that woman had no business having children knowing that her father was bald) and it would give me unrestricted access to the entire world if I could just transform into whoever I wanted.

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • I would have to be a shape-shifter. If I joined the military, I could be a spy as a pidgeon, but then swoop down and assassinate them. Or I could just be a giant fire-breathing dragon- that doesnt sound bad.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • Shapeshifting

Want to fly? Be a bird.

Want to breathe underwater? Be a fish.

Want to steal someone else's superpower? Turn into them, and if you did it correctly, and their powers are physically based, now you can use them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I feel controlling others' mind would be pretty cool, even in the slightest way possible. Although going overboard with the thing could indeed get yourself into trouble, I'd still be able to learn keeping things in-balance more I use it. If not that, perhaps mind-reading. Telling what others are thinking would generally make things less difficult to get through, turning life a lot easier.

Aside from metal powers, I suppose changing myself simply into air would be rather nice. I suppose this would make it a challenge when it comes to moving and whatnot, as I'd likely be going wherever the wind is happening to be blowing, but good thing is, it would not only turn my body invisible, but it would also allow me to get past almost anything alongside, so long as there are some open space.

Another that comes to mind is harnessing dark matter. Using your shadow to do things rather than your own body parts (there's a lot more to it, of course, but this is merely an example); how nice does that sound?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I want the ability to control time. That way, I can stay up as late as I want, and still get all the sleep I need. Of course, if I pause time too much, and I still aged when time was paused, then I would probably die at the ripe, old age of thirty, haha. So, I'll just fast forward through long car rides, boring work days, or parent lectures. What could possibly go wrong?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I'd want something simple, because I wouldn't trust myself with something like reality warping or anything godlike. I'd take teleporting, or telekineses. Then cash in on the fact that I have a power, and be set for life.

GoldenHouou

Abstract Nonsense
    Years
  • Disregarding all the super OP stuff, teleportation. I'm big on traveling but have little money, so being able to just poof wherever I want would be cool. Also, I'd get to sleep in late; no need to go outside to -30C, just teleport to the school's bathroom or shiz.

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
    Years
  • Ever since I started reading Jojo's Bizarre Adventure a couple years ago, I've always been fascinated by the power to control and channel the sun's energy into your body a-la The Ripple. I guess I'd choose that: Being about to chop a zombie or a vampire in half with my bare hands would be nice, and merely by practicing proper breathing techniques I could use the solar energy to regulate my core temperature, so I'd never freeze my tail-end off in the winter.

Back