• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"One Team, Two Team, Red Team, Blue Team!" Episode Discussion

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
Years
  • - She luurrrrvs him!
    - Yay! its our friendly neighbourhood stalker!
    - Why are you here Nurse Joy? Well, this summer school series has been cutting down on my screentime...
    - I'd be kinda pissed off if I got a Spoink. and someone else got a Dodrio
    - Why is Onix so SLOW?
    - Its a Poke-pileup!
    - But Conway's just too good! hang on, how do you ride a Dugtrio?
    - How does he breathe?
    - If Dugtrio was so fast, wouldn't Hippowdon be even faster? and it set off first...
    - Go Magikarp!
    - Since when were Ash and Angie capable of FRONT FLIPPING off pokemon?
    - GO CONWAY!
    - Not again...Ash saved Angie last episode!
    - If Ash wins this...
    - Nurse Joy should be unbiased!
    - YOU DON'T DESERVE TO WIN YOU STUPID GARY-STU TYPE CONWAY BASHER!
    - ....I hate cliches
    - extraspecially?
    - not one student was injured...what about the fifty or so that were in the giant pileup?
    - I miss the TR motto...

I like doing these review things. :P

but seriously, Conway should have won :(

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    Just watched this episode on the Tube. My (extensive) thoughts...

• Conway is lulz.
    • ANGIE used EXPLODE! It wasn't very effective...
    • The Croagunk/Brock thing was great stuff. xD
    • Brock tried to rip his shirt off... and failed? Amazing!
    • Where does Jessalinda get her little followers? D:
    • James doesn't look very good in a janitor costume. Meowth looks sort of like an old man. Maybe because of the cloth on his head?
    • Shinx sounds really stupid.
    • Spoink? This will be fun to watch~
    • DID ONIX JUST SAY "GROOOOOH"? ONLY PALKIA IS ALLOWED TO SAY "GROOOOOH!"
    • Ash riding on a Spoink is hilarious.
    • The music that played when the group after Ash got their Pokemon was epicake. Was it from Brawl or something?
    • "Shyea, we're catching up!"
    • Ariados web is so useful...
    • HE SAID GROOOOH AGAIN! D:<
    • Group after Ash and company = Pokemon fail.
    • Explosive Pokemon Dogpile Attack!
    • Nice one, Conway. xD
    • MANTYKE? Why are Ash's Pokemon always so funny?
    • Lapras is Ash-worthy.
    • Conway has Gillyweed, apparently...
    • MAGIKARP.
    • I thought Conway was underwater...
    • LENS GLARE LOL.
    • "Fruitcake!"
    • Conway: "=O"
    • This scene (Conway and Slowking prancing) is my desktop background.
    • Where have I seen this before?
    • *creepy Conway laugh*
    • All we need is a creepy ghost child and we're all set.
    • "Jessie looked like she just came back from shopping... with a bounce credit card..."
    • "Never in my life have I witnessed a Triathalon like this!... Well, okay, last year was even cooler, but I was out sick that day!..."
    • Jessalinda's dress is too long.
    • *flagspin* =D Someone should make a GIF of that...
    • Ash won with a deus ex machina. What a surprise.
    • Close-up chibi Conway whining = awesome.
    • I'm extra-specially-overjoyed!
    • "Since I've burned up enough calories to power a nuclear power station..."
    • STARSHIP?
    • Shoot, it ended already.
    I have a lot of thoughts.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    *cough*

Spoiler:

No, I was being to forgetful at the moment. And well, I was being semi sarcastic. Since it always happens that every character that likes Ash ends up getting dumped by Ash, the writers, or both XD,

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    alright!!! I finally watched the episode...and I have to say this was the funniest yet!!! I'm actually kinda sad it ended so soon...

I loved how TR never meddled into stealing the pokemon, Jessie dragging seviper like that, and the showcased some not very common pokemon lately!!!

I give it a 9/10...can't wait for the next few episodes coming up though!!!

Zenite

the Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2022
    Can anyone tell me the season/episode number?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    conway's voice actor...is he the same voice for harley too???

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, they have the same voice actor. But they both talk so differently despite being the same voice.

actually in this episode I could hear the resemblance in the voice, that is why I asked...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • I rarely watch dubs, but oh well.

- I see, Dawn. Do you want someone to forget your name again? *cough*
    - You know, they ripped off that part of the music when the narrator was talking at the beginning. :(
    - YES THEY KEPT THE GYM THEME. THANK GOD.
    - "It's the last day of the Pokemon Summer Academy..." Shut up. We know it. So LET THE GAME BEGIN!
    - Well, Nurse Joy, you'll get REALLY busy later...
    - What the... Flying Garchomp coming up!
    - The group after the main guys = PokeFail
    - Yes, Nurse Joy. Here come you.
    - Conway sounded JUST as I expected... not really. But that nerdy glare is cool.
    - If Ash were first, he'd get Lapras. Then we play flashbacks of it!!!
    - Wow, what happened to Mantyke's speed? It got a power-up!
    - I'm surprised Sharpedo's Rough Skin didn't hurt Dawn. Oh well, game mechanics.
    - Wow, Conway, you don't get wet in water, AND you don't need an air thing?
    - Good job, Magikarp. XD
    - You sure utilized Magikarp's power well, Jessie- I mean Jessilinda. *coughSplashcough*
    - Ash, you can do backflips?! I thought you only knew how to move your legs swiftly! Now you're equal with... you-know-who.
    - Magikarp is splashing around! Nothing happens but only wet clothes and a surprised Team Rocket member emerge out of the water!
    - Conway... You freak me out.
    - Jessie (Jessilinda), I think you just found yourself a boyfriend. Consider yourself lucky.
    - Hey, Jessilinda. It's against the rules. LISTEN TO THE BOY FOR ONCE. Even it IS for your safety of being *raped* GAH! STOP SAYING THE WORD!!!
    - Poor Seviper.
    - Pikachu, help out! Save the Damsel in Distress!
    - Rowan, you flag well. Perhaps you should join the Triathlon NEXT year.
    - Conway and Jessie make a crack pairing.
    - NOT ONE STUDENT WAS INJURED?! *points at the pile of people in the first leg of the race* You call THAT not injured?!
    - I thought the other students said "Hai!"
    - Are they burning a fence?
    - What was that? What did James and Meowth forget? And what was the point of having the three assistants go past?
    - Jessie, you got fans.
    - Yeah, yeah, Ash, we know you'll visit her, BUT DON'T YOU NOTICE THE LOVE SHE HAS FOR YOU????? YOU'RE AN IDIOT!!!
    - Yep, that's a fence.
    - Shinx was drawn badly in the last scene before the TO BE CONTINUED part.

OK, nice episode. I give it an 8.5/10.

Years
  • But... did this episode remind anyone else of the game Pokemon Dash?? Like, a whole lot???

Well, it isn't like the anime could normally incorporate a game like that, like the main games (with Crystal being the most prominent of the "third" games). Unless they're improving as writers (it could happen, in theory. Heh). I'd say go ahead and claim the Dash reference, unless the creators say different.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
  • Okies. Finally saw this episode today. Got down and watched some of my recordings. Teeheehee

Bad
    Why can't Jessie win something for once? Teeheehee I mean couldn't she at least got third place or something instead of being run over by everybody along with Conway? Not coolies.

Good
    Conway is a stalker. Teeheehee Just seeing him pop out of anywhere is really funny and creepy at the same time. Teeheehee First with Dugtrio then out of the water. Teeheehee

One thing that really touched me was Jessie making all those kids happy to be with her even though she treated them so badly and they lost. I don't know but it was really coolies.

Still seeing that. I can't help but think that Jessie would make a great teacher one day. Teeheehee

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
  • I'd say go ahead and claim the Dash reference, unless the creators say different.

Will do. I think when they got to the water part in the show some side effect of my obsessed-with-Dash-days said, "Oh look! Here's where I would have gotten stuck in the sand!"

And then there was the whole hot-air balloon thing, although the runners didn't use it, just camera people....

Back