• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] [OOC] Ten Little Days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tixen

*Insert something witty here*
Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    Everything seems to be in order, so Sam is accepted!
    Oh, just noticed something - since her father had an Aggron, he would have needed to take it with him to avoid getting it destroyed by the authorities, or at least taken - she can still have it and everything, it just wouldn't be from her father - not directly, anyway.

So I'm guessing that even though he's left the country before the situation got out of hand, this would still matter? Would trading the Pokemon to her be enough to avoid having the Aggron destroyed? And if neither of those work, then how exactly would you propose she obtain the Pokemon from her father indirectly?

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • Well, having it handed out indirectly would probably be the best option: the GTS doesn't really work very reliably any longer (otherwise monster-dude could just sit on the computer instead of doing what he's doing. Although that would be hilarious) - stuff tends to get lost easily. Indirectly would mean that her father's Aggron would have been the first one they found, in which case it would have been put into storage, then given out again when it was decided that was a better idea.

Tixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    All right, I think I've understood this time, and have edited accordingly. Let me know if I need to change up anything else okay?

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • it's fine, thanks for making the changes.

Also, the IC thread is up! Good luck trainers, and may the odds be ever in your favour!

Last edited:

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    it's fine, thanks for making the changes.

Also, the IC thread is up! Good luck trainers, and may the odds be ever in your favour!

So what exactly shall we be doing in our first posts? I'm assuming we're with the scientist as we move to hide with Dr. Glass, or something? If you can provide a bit more direction I can make my first post.

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • You got it in one there. At the minute, it's just follow-the-leader. That said, if you're stuck on what to write, I can certainly elaborate; but what would be helpful to you in that area? 'Cause seriously, I can ramble on about the plushiness of vulpix for a while.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    You got it in one there. At the minute, it's just follow-the-leader. That said, if you're stuck on what to write, I can certainly elaborate; but what would be helpful to you in that area? 'Cause seriously, I can ramble on about the plushiness of vulpix for a while.

Well I can guess I can just have my post being that my character prepares himself to set out and end it with them leaving. Just mostly wondering what you would and wouldn't want to happen at this point. I think I can make a first post now, but in that regard I'm wondering if anyone would like to collaborate a bit and have some interaction between our characters?

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • To be honest, it doesn't matter a whole lot what you choose to do - you won't 'break the plot' or anything; I ended up planning out quite a few different scenarios depending on what people do - so you can follow the scientist, refuse to and go your own way, go back inside and brew coffee... Whatever floats your boat, really.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Oh, that's right, I have a question. I'm working on my character's history, but there's one thing I'm confused. The Pokemon on the list, the scientist took those pokemon and stored them before giving them away again: Does that mean they took those Pokemon from the trainers even though there's a possibility of trainers resisting?

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • Yep - they figured the risk of an abomination not dying in a set amount of time was greater than that of the trainers retaliating.

Edit: I added a little to the IC starter - not a whole lot, just to get the action going a little quicker :3

Last edited:

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
    Years
  • Well, sh*t. Guess who didn't know the post got edited.

So, I guess ignore anything I posted until I state I've edited myself.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I'm going out in a bit I think, but I'll make my post when I get back~ Or just a little bit later if it turns out that I'm staying at home.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Hnnng, all I need is to finish personality and I'd be doooone.

Tixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    Plumbum, if you want, you can still go off your original post if you want. The Riolu that Sam has spotted in the street can either be Ieyasu or one of the pack members, depending on whether you want to edit your post or not.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    I'm done! If there's anything that needs to be changed, please do say so and I'll edit it! :3

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • Okay, so first off, you can't have both a Blastoise and a Gallade, since they're both listed mons.

Also, your personality section has some slightly confusing grammar (for example, in the conflicted thing in the last paragraph, you don't really need both 'conflicted' and 'conflicted feeling', since they mean the same thing), as well as some conflicting traits - you seem to say that she's into preserving her own life whether people think she's a coward or not, and then in the next, you say that she wants to protect her pokémon and her family.

Your personality doesn't necessarily need to be hugely long - just enough to give an outline of what your character is like.

Plumbum

The Dandy Highwayman (That You're Too Scared to Me
    Years
  • Plumbum, if you want, you can still go off your original post if you want. The Riolu that Sam has spotted in the street can either be Ieyasu or one of the pack members, depending on whether you want to edit your post or not.
    I'll still have Ieyasu run off either way, I'm just not reacting to howling that I should be. It might not even be a major edit.

Tixen

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2015
    Okay cool, I just wasn't sure how big of an edit you wanted to do there.

Ricochett

switched account.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Okay, so first off, you can't have both a Blastoise and a Gallade, since they're both listed mons.

Also, your personality section has some slightly confusing grammar (for example, in the conflicted thing in the last paragraph, you don't really need both 'conflicted' and 'conflicted feeling', since they mean the same thing), as well as some conflicting traits - you seem to say that she's into preserving her own life whether people think she's a coward or not, and then in the next, you say that she wants to protect her pokémon and her family.

Your personality doesn't necessarily need to be hugely long - just enough to give an outline of what your character is like.

I didn't see Blastoise listed on that list so I thought it's okay.

Oh, I didn't notice! I'll change it. As as for the other one, it means that it's okay if she's called a coward, running away or just being so cautious, borderline on being afraid, as long as she can protect her Pokemon that she also considers both family and friends, she's preserving her own life at too because if she dies, how would she continue to protect them? Nona's conflicting like that. Is it still confusing? Shall I still change it? o:

Haha, I'm sorry, my fingers just typed it all so I didn't except it too be long. @_@

Pterosauria

Not a dinosaur
    Years
  • Whoops, sorry, I forgot I took Blastoise and the other starters off of the list, since they're pretty much the easiest pokémon to obtain.

Your personality looks a lot better, and all your mons' moves are fine, so I can accept you now, if you like, or if you want to have a Blastoise again, I can wait for you.

Hehe. Words do seem to enjoy running away with us writerly types :P I think the first draft of the plotline for this was bordering on 2000 words because of that.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back