• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Oops... wrong gender...

Have you (Read first post for the question)?

• Total voters

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Well sometimes yes, but only when he/she hasn't put up his/her gender yet...

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Its even more of a turd situation if the person doesn't have their gender put up. Forces the poor people to guess and eventually find out that they're wrong.

Haha. Sounds like so much fun :)

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Yes... and its not just once, I think...

o.O; People don't mistake me for being a male though, I think.... xD

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Nope. Though it's happened to me IRL. Luckily I didn't make the mistake of inclining that I thought they were the opposite gender to their face. O.O

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    People have asked me if I'm a guy and one thought I was a gay once... 0.o THey wanted to *do* things by PM. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Oh jeese, so many times has it happend! Haha.

I don't think i've been mistaked that much..that that may be my camwh0re-yness. :nervous:

Lucid

Yup. I thought Shiney, Gian, and David we're all girls when I first met them, **** dare threads. XD *note, this is before we had the genders in our profiles* ;X

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I still refuse to believe Jeremy is male. I'm gonna keep pretending he's not.

Hilarity ensues.

Years
    Yes. There was a few people when I first joined that I confused... but then again, I think they confused EVERYONE XD

Years
    Well, not on here... but on other forums... like RyuX and the Anime Network forums... I have been fooled many times there! o__O

Greta

♡C u t e n e s s♡
    Years
    yeah, a couple of times. XD. I mostly get confused because of the dare thing, when they tell people to change their genders and stuff...

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    Yes, yes I have. Twice. Though, no one at the forums. I can tell, gender tag and all. :D Otherwise, I can tell by the content in their posts/comments/whatever. However, the thing that confuses me most when it comes to genders is when a female has 'kun' in their name...that always throws me off and I usually start searching around to reassure their gender. o_o; *shrugs* Just...don't ask.

Fls4eva

Shinn & Hakudoushi > Everyone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2012
    Yup.. I did once... You should know some usernames really sound like a username suitable for the opposite gender...

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    ::nod:: Every now and again I find myself suprised when I discover the gender of a member at this forum.

People also have a tendency to be unsure of my gender--though, I suppose the fault of that is mine.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    There are a surprising amount of males in this forum whose names end with -chan and ones with names that involve cute pokemon. That becomes confusing to me... There have been a couple of times when I've been terribly mistaken, actually...it's really embarassing when I find out that they're different from what I thought they were. Most vivid case in my memory is when I came back and didn't know that Jorge changed his name to Mihara...I thought Mihara was some mysterious female member who had risen to praetordom o_o;

Also, this is poll of the week. Congrats. *stickies*

Back