• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinion on Water pokemon this gen

Skapocalypse

Im back! :3
Years
  • Im normally not a big fan of Water pokemon, but this generation has shown some pretty cool Water Types.

Im a big Fan of Basculin, because they remind me of menacing man-eating beta fish.

Im also a Fan of Jellicent and Alomomoma

They're both so cute c:

Im not really a fan of Seismitoad, or Tortouga. The toad makes me think of my old english teacher, and Tortouga is just too slow for my taste.

Simipour is pretty cool also. I like the Dreadlocks that it has going on.

Also, What do you guys think of the event pokemon Keldeo? A very interesting typing.

Kinda disappointed that there aren't as many, but quality over quantity I guess!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • I think Jellicent is the ugliest thing ever -.-

Simpour is pretty cute, but that's about it :| Basculin is hideous, too.

How many Water Pokemon were introduced this season? Usually they're the dominant type lol

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
    Years
  • Swanna is awesome. I recommend raising one in-game at least.

Basculin should have Adaptability and Soak to reduce opposing STAB moves. Crunch, Waterfall, Surf, Scald, return. Good guy, even the one from trade.

Water monkey. Awesome. With Acrobatics, Work Up, Grass Knot.

Personally use little else of the other waters.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I like Basculin, Swanna is really good, I like Jellicent, especially because of its stats. There were some pretty cool water types this Gen, actually. Especially Oshawott. :D

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i havent really found any that i absolutly love. the starter is my 2nd favorite starter of the gen. i like panpour but not its evo, those are the only 2 water types in this gen that i like the others are eh.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • You know, when I really look at it, I have to say Unova's water types are much more unique in my opinion. At the same time however, I feel underwhlemed with the total amount.Then again, I think it's because there's not a lot of water routes/areas, and past regions provided much higher groups of water types to use because of these areas - I don't know, just another opinion.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2017
    This generation has some Water types I like, and only a few that I don't care for, so overall good. I'm just going off of looks though, not how they battle. Also male Jellicent makes me think of the Pringles guy...

Last edited:

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen today
    i LOVE Jellicent!
    It saves me from difficult situations in the Battle Subway!
    It's such a nice tank!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I honestly dont like any of them except for Jellicent... but I've not found one yet! ~_~

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I think Jellicent is the ugliest thing ever -.-

Simpour is pretty cute, but that's about it :| Basculin is hideous, too.

How many Water Pokemon were introduced this season? Usually they're the dominant type lol

:O

I love Jellicent. It's got an awesome typing (water/ghost :)), and the male has a moustache. :D The female is a bit meh, but the male one is cool. :D

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    So far, I don't find any water type pokemon to my liking except Samurott and Carracosta look wise.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
  • I don't feel there was much choice in gen 5 for water, with my jap black i started with oshawott so i had no trouble, but for eng white i had snivy and other than getting panpour, i noticed there wasn't a lot of choice as i went through. I've just ended up with my Crimgan knowing Surf

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • I sort of like all of them. Especially Frillish/Jellycent, however it has taken me FOREVER to hatch a decent one.. every single one I hatch either has a -spa/sdef nature or cursed body, which annoys me greatly haha.

EDIT: E.g, Frillish - #592 (Jolly): 31 / 0 - 5 / 27 / 30 / 30 / 21 -25 hnnng dear arceus why

Last edited:

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
    Years
  • The toad makes me think of my old english teacher

Opinion on Water pokemon this gen

O,o

I love almost all of the new water Pokemon too but they approach they're taking to designing them is almost Digimon-like

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I always thought there were too many water-types but now I can see why. There aren't many choices this time and I'm not too keen on any of them. I think Dewott and Simipour are okay but I don't want to use either of them. I might choose Swanna since I don't really like any flying-types either but I'm starting to get sick of looking at it.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I sort of like all of them. Especially Frillish/Jellycent, however it has taken me FOREVER to hatch a decent one.. every single one I hatch either has a -spa/sdef nature or cursed body, which annoys me greatly haha.

EDIT: E.g, Frillish - #592 (Jolly): 31 / 0 - 5 / 27 / 30 / 30 / 21 -25 hnnng dear arceus why

I know, right? Mine has Cursed Body, and I much prefer Water Absorb. But it has a decent nature, so it's not too bad. ^^'

Years
  • If I didn't pick Oshawott as a starter I definately would have raised a Jellicent. I don't know why but I just seemed to take quite a liking to it.

MAizHxC

HG FC: 3395 8610 0902
    Years
  • I like Seismitoad. It reminds me of a Swampert which I always ran in previous games. Jellicent doesnt appeal to me. It seems weaker than a Seismitoad, but im not sure of it.

Back