• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Opinions on Seasons

What's your Favorite season in Unova?

• Total voters

blue

gucci
Years
  • Even though Winter is my favourite, I do admit Fall adds a great ambiance to the game more than the other seasons. I also like the way they change some apperances on certain Pokémon.
    Spring and Summer are nice though and when we buy the games or for those who buy it in March, the Season will be Fall if you check my the roster on Serebii :)

Spring
    Jan, May, Sept

Summer
    Feb, Jun, Oct
    Autumn
    Mar, Jul, Nov
    Winter
    Apr, Aug, Dec

(https://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/seasons.shtml)

I was kinda hoping that it would be Winter so that I could catch Vanilluxe, but ah well, by the time I've got to the area where I can catch one, It will probally be winter :P

The Red Chain

I think the seasons are a fantastic idea. ^__^
    I've said it before but I may as well again, I love how the game in Japanese started out in Spring if you got it within the first month. Spring is a perfect way to represent the start of a new adventure, the beginning of something grand and fresh. It really helped to set the mood for me. How the seasons change gradually too throughout your journey is a great way to show progress and your record of time. It's amazing for showing you how far you've gotten from that little bud you were back in Spring.. the imagery is just.. aaaa. <3

How the seasons affect what Pokemon you encounter, and if you can travel through certain areas or not is a nice way to really tie the seasons into the game ; just like how it does in real life. I love it all. Probably one of the best changes made to Pokemon [next to full animation] to date.

My favorite season in-game is spring, just like in real life. I love the new look everything has and how there are cherry blossom petals blowing through the trees. <3

tmega1990

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2011
    I think it was a cool idea to add seasons,it is going to be really cool to experience the different seasons in the game and what is different in each of them.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think it was great that they also adjusted the pokemon rarity depending on the season makes finding certain Ice types easier, you simply have to wait until Winter ^_^

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I the seasons Idea was a great idea, I don't see why they couldn't of put this in HG/SS ;O
    I love the effects of the seasons when they actually happen, along with Deerling and Sawsbuck being able to change forms depending on the season; you can also manipulate it so it can be what season you want, it's great for the 7th Badge city when your wanting to grind and it's winter so you can grind in the double grass with wild Sawsbucks and Beartics ~ :3

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Seasons is a nice add but it's pretty weird to have Summer in game when there's -30C outside. (I live in Finland)
    Have to start with Fall as I have already ordered the game and it's coming soon!

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
  • From the screenshots that I have seen, I like the Autumn seasons within the game as I like the array of browns, creams and yellows in the surroundings; it's very peaceful.
    I think it#s a great feature they've implemented into the games, especially since they have Pokemon varying between each season, simmilar to how it is in the real world with animals.

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    I love the new seasons feature, its just one of the little details added in that make the game more sweeter lol, my favourite season has to be summer though, everything looks so vibrant! :D

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I think it's a wonderful addition! They really outdid themselves. I like Fall the most, Winter the least...cold is really annoying to me :,p

Years
  • Agree!

Yeah the season changes Rock!! I think my fav would have to be winter I have loved the winter theme in just about every game.

Kyite

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • This is one of the biggest things I'm excited for! Especially because certain pokemon are going to be abundant during different parts of the seasons. Should make the game more interesting when trying to fill the pokedex!

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • So what is your favorite season in Unova?
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say Spring. It's a colorful season in itself, and from what I saw in the games it's portrayed very well. My least favorite would probably be Winter. While it's a great season in the real world, getting stuck in the snow in the games just isn't that fun. :\

What is your favorite place to visit during that season?

I haven't played the games yet, so...

Why do you like the Season? Do you think adding seasons was a good idea?
    I love the idea of the different seasons, so yes, I would say it was a good idea. It keeps the game fresh for a player in my opinion. Not all areas are going to look the same every month and it also changes the ratio of certain Pokémon's commonality in specific areas. Not to mention, a Pokémon like Deerling and Sawsbuck has its form altered every month because of the four seasons.

All they need now is for Leafeon to change color for each season. n__n;

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Awesome idea, why didn't they do this before? ;)

I voted Winter.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    Adding seasons was a neat touch and adds some nice variety to the game, both ascetically and in gameplay. I love that because in the next month after me playing my game, I can experience Unova all over again in a new light, and possibly my most favorite.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    its pretty awesome, i kinda wished they had more areas accesible only thru the different seasons

Sully

advanced trainer
    Years
  • I think the seasons are an awesome idea(:
    My favorite will probably end up being Fall and Summer.

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Winter
    Because it makes it so much easier to get through places, and gaining access to places that aren't available in other seasons.

Loved beating up the ice cream pokemon for 2 Special Attack EVs in winter

Back