• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Personally I think it would be fun to play Hoenn with proper Physical/Special split enforced finally, since that's the one not modern thing about Gen 3.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Hold up in the sense that the Gen 3 (GBA) games are still playable. They don't suffer any fatal glitches and retains a high level of graphical clarity (unlike the the Gen 1 games) and even when the internal battery runs out of power, your saved file is still preserved and you can still save (unlike Gens 1 and 2).

Also, it has enough of the modern mechanical aspects of Pokemon (Natures, Berries, etc) that would make it more familiar and easier for newer fans to get into the game; as opposed to the First 2 Generations which have much different mechanics.
Although I agree with most parts, but this in bold... Like what I've posted earlier, my Ruby cartridge couldn't save for any reason. It was all so sudden. Of course I was quite upset (bought the game cart at launch, broke down around when HGSS were announced). It was an original game cart.

I went around asking the possibility of what could have happened. Many responses I got were "the internal battery died". I'm not sure if their claims were absolutely correct, but I'm somewhat convinced by it.

That aside, I would say Hoenn doesn't exactly need a remake. But if there's one, I welcome that and I'll definitely purchase it. Sometimes I really wonder how places like Meteor Falls or the Sky Pillar would look like in 3D.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Interesting observation by this Youtuber, could be nothing but he may be onto something. In the recent Nintendo Direct video, a trailer for the recent Pokémon Battle Trozei was shown. The interesting point that was picked up on in this video is that the "default" names shown at the 4-player screen are shown as Terry, Seth, Joel and Kimmy. Terry, Seth and Kim are default names in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald respectively, now I'm not saying this is by any means confirmation but I thought some of you might like to have a little look at this and cast your view on it. I'd also like to add that Pokéblock data has been found in X & Y's coding. Video & Image are below.

Spoiler:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Interesting observation by this Youtuber, could be nothing but he may be onto something. In the recent Nintendo Direct video, a trailer for the recent Pokémon Battle Trozei was shown. The interesting point that was picked up on in this video is that the "default" names shown at the 4-player screen are shown as Terry, Seth, Joel and Kimmy. Terry, Seth and Kim are default names in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald respectively, now I'm not saying this is by any means confirmation but I thought some of you might like to have a little look at this and cast your view on it. I'd also like to add that Pokéblock data has been found in X & Y's coding. Video & Image are below.

Spoiler:
Wow. How did you know that?

I discovered the video yesterday. Didn't really watch it because I guessed it was another one of those overhyped stuff. Pretty interesting find there. Even though it doesn't prove anything, the team could have definitely picked other names.

One speculation from me if it even counts: XY were the games which reintroduced opposite gender rivals, which was first found in RSE. Again, doesn't prove anything (look at Gen 5 Dive for instance) but it's fun to know.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Wow. How did you know that?

I discovered the video yesterday. Didn't really watch it because I guessed it was another one of those overhyped stuff. Pretty interesting find there. Even though it doesn't prove anything, the team could have definitely picked other names.

One speculation from me if it even counts: XY were the games which reintroduced opposite gender rivals, which was first found in RSE. Again, doesn't prove anything (look at Gen 5 Dive for instance) but it's fun to know.

The Pokéblock coding hasn't been confirmed, but there are a few people who have brought up the point now on separate Social Networking websites that coding for Pokéblocks with the remaining berries that are not found in X & Y has been found, the guy in the video even mentions it. I don't know whether it's true or not but the fact that a few people have picked up on it and also it doesn't really seem something that people would make up, ah well I'm sure we will soon find out.

There's also big plans for the Pokémon games this year focusing on 3DS titles, remember this pic?

Spoiler:

The references towards Ruby & Sapphire remakes are certainly building up, so either way it will be exciting to see what Nintendo has planned this year in regards to Pokémon games and what not!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I'm guessing they'll do Pokémon Z before Hoenn remakes. "An ad many people are expecting to see" is pretty general, and could mean a lot of things. I mean, they released third additions like Platinum before HG/SS was put out, therefore I'm sticking with Z.

Ah, but FireRed and LeafGreen were released before the release of Emerald here in North America where I live, and I believe that Japan got all three games simultaneously! So we don't really know which pattern GameFreak is going to follow with the Hoenn remakes, especially now that the company blew most of the Pokémon franchise's 'patterns' out of the water last generation, now, do we?

Fire Red and Leaf Green came out before Emerald, so I'd say it could easily go either way. I think this year is way too early to announce a Director's Cut game unless it's very near the end of the year that they do.

Whoops; sorry: didn't notice you there until after I made this post, Sage Ghetsis!

I mean, the inclusion of Zygarde as a Pokémon in X and Y was enough basis to say that a Z version was next.

I bet more people are expecting to see that Z version than any possible remake!
Thanks to Zygarde.

GameFreak might want us to take Zygarde's existence in X and Y to mean that X2, Y2, and/or Z is or are coming out next, but it could still surprise us, right? I, for one, would be quite pleased if the Hoenn remakes were to come out before this generation's 'third version' game.

This just occurred to me.

In order to sell Wii U consoles, Nintendo is putting together/ has put together a Game Boy Advanced Virtual Console Lineup.

In response to the arguments that R/S/E Remakes are needed in order to give this new generation of gamers a chance to experience the Hoenn Region; wouldn't it be shrewd business if Nintendo added Pokemon Emerald to the lineup.

This way, it offers new fans a chance to visit the Hoenn Region (the GBA games still hold up, so why not) and serves a logical purpose by adding extra incentive for fans to purchase a Wii U (that is if Hoenn is as in demand as argued).

Just an idea.

At the very least, this would hold us over until GameFreak releases the real Hoenn remakes. (Just as an aside, though, wouldn't it make more sense for Nintendo to add official support for GBA VC games to the 3DS's Virtual Console? We Ambassadors already have GBA support in the 3DS's Virtual Console, but it sure would be nice to have some more games to play with it!)

Last edited by a moderator:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
GameFreak might want us to take Zygarde's existence in X and Y to mean that X2, Y2, and/or Z is or are coming out next, but it could still surprise us, right? I, for one, would be quite pleased if the Hoenn remakes were to come out before this generation's 'third version' game.
It's very hard to say. FRLG came before Emerald. Platinum came before HGSS. No remakes made in Gen 5. If there is going to be ANY remake in Gen 6, nobody can really make a good guess when it'll strike.

Highly unlikely but, I would be absolutely shocked if GF decides not to make a Z-ish version.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Hey, Cat, I couldn't see that picture that you put in the 'Spoiler' tag in your last post; it had the 'picture display not working' icon in its place. I'll try looking at it again when I get home (I'm at school, so it could be either IE10 or the firewall) and have access to Safari, but could you give me a link to the original, please?

It's very hard to say. FRLG came before Emerald. Platinum came before HGSS. No remakes made in Gen 5. If there is going to be ANY remake in Gen 6, nobody can really make a good guess when it'll strike.

Good point.

Highly unlikely but, I would be absolutely shocked if GF decides not to make a Z-ish version.

Maybe GameFreak should just release this gen's third version as '2.0' update patches to X and Y?

Last edited by a moderator:

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Maybe GameFreak should just release this gen's third version as '2.0' update patches to X and Y?

Hey, Cat, I couldn't see that picture that you put in the 'Spoiler' tag in your last post; it had the 'picture display not working' icon in its place. I'll try looking at it again when I get home (I'm at school, so it could be either IE10 or the firewall) and have access to Safari, but could you give me a link to the original, please?
Doubt it. GF mentioned that DLC integration is rather unlikely.
Plus GF would earn sooooo much more by making a Z-ish variant.

That pic is:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I actually forgot to mention something, if we do get Hoenn Remakes, I strongly believe that they would be before any Z version because of the simple fact that gen 3, the gen that Hoenn came from, followed that exact pattern. Because FRLG came out before Emerald, I think that they would emulate the remakes of their own generation rather than doing what 4th gen did. Just a hypothesis.

blue

gucci
Years
I actually forgot to mention something, if we do get Hoenn Remakes, I strongly believe that they would be before any Z version because of the simple fact that gen 3, the gen that Hoenn came from, followed that exact pattern. Because FRLG came out before Emerald, I think that they would emulate the remakes of their own generation rather than doing what 4th gen did. Just a hypothesis.

Well remake have preceded the third game previously, so it's not impossible for it to happen. Having said that the game release pattern is so interchangeable, there's no knowing what Game Freak have planned for the next games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If they plan to release the remakes this year than I expect them to be this upcoming winter. You know...if they plan to mimic Gen 3's release pattern to some extent than maybe Z will come out around August as Emerald came out eight months after the Kanto remakes. After that we'll wait until 2017 for Gen VII then have the third version in 2018 and finally DP remakes in 2019 (if the five years between remakes holds, and if we do get Hoenn remakes this year.) Then VIII for 2020 and third version for 2022, Gen Ix 2023, BW remakes 2024, and so on...you know we will get a lot of new regions anyways in the next ten years even if they do take time to do remakes for RS,DP, and BW... actually ten years ago we were still in Gen III, so if they continue like this we'll get 3 Generations every Decade...not too fast, nor too slow.

Btw does anyone else find it funny how Emerald was criticized as being too similar to Ruby and Sapphire (according to Bulbapedia's reception piece), yet it's the hardest third version to reconcile with the first pair...

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
If they plan to release the remakes this year than I expect them to be this upcoming winter. You know...if they plan to mimic Gen 3's release pattern to some extent than maybe Z will come out around August as Emerald came out eight months after the Kanto remakes. After that we'll wait until 2017 for Gen VII then have the third version in 2018 and finally DP remakes in 2019 (if the five years between remakes holds, and if we do get Hoenn remakes this year.) Then VIII for 2020 and third version for 2022, Gen Ix 2023, BW remakes 2024, and so on...you know we will get a lot of new regions anyways in the next ten years even if they do take time to do remakes for RS,DP, and BW... actually ten years ago we were still in Gen III, so if they continue like this we'll get 3 Generations every Decade...not too fast, nor too slow.

Btw does anyone else find it funny how Emerald was criticized as being too similar to Ruby and Sapphire (according to Bulbapedia's reception piece), yet it's the hardest third version to reconcile with the first pair...
Emerald isn't too bad. Honestly, I found Platinum to even more similar to DP compared to E -> RS.

There ARE some differences in Emerald which I didn't really like though. Those hat colors, and Wallace as the champion... It kinda bugs me.

blue

gucci
Years
This is how I'm expecting it to go down, a little later this year say perhaps May or June, Nintendo will make an announcement that there is an upcoming Pokémon Direct to tell us about the latest Pokémon Game(s). When the event does happen, again similar to Pokémon X & Y it will be a short 10 minute stream in which the Ruby & Sapphire (or just Emerald) Remakes are announced globally and a release month is dated (probably between October-December). Once they have been released because I genuinely do believe that 2014 is the year for RSE Remakes, it will be silent again for a certain period of time. Once we move into early 2015, there will be another announcement of either Pokémon Z or some sort of counterpart to tie up Pokémon X & Y releasing that same year (2015) in say the Summer or Fall time. Then after all that has been processed, we will eventually get Generation VII in 2017, this is what I think will happen in terms of Pokémon games for the next few years or so, it's just possible. Either that or they'll skip on the third game/sequel to Pokémon X & Y and do something extraordinary in 2015 for the 20th Anniversary.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
This is how I'm expecting it to go down, a little later this year say perhaps May or June, Nintendo will make an announcement that there is an upcoming Pokémon Direct to tell us about the latest Pokémon Game(s). When the event does happen, again similar to Pokémon X & Y it will be a short 10 minute stream in which the Ruby & Sapphire (or just Emerald) Remakes are announced globally and a release month is dated (probably between October-December). Once they have been released because I genuinely do believe that 2014 is the year for RSE Remakes, it will be silent again for a certain period of time. Once we move into early 2015, there will be another announcement of either Pokémon Z or some sort of counterpart to tie up Pokémon X & Y releasing that same year (2015) in say the Summer or Fall time. Then after all that has been processed, we will eventually get Generation VII in 2017, this is what I think will happen in terms of Pokémon games for the next few years or so, it's just possible. Either that or they'll skip on the third game/sequel to Pokémon X & Y and do something extraordinary in 2015 for the 20th Anniversary.

Those are extraordinarily short development cycles

Last edited:

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
It's a possibility, but an unlikely one. I know how everyone feels about Hoenn remakes, whether it be the long awaited remake, or just blurting out "HOENN CONFIRMED", but I'm sure Game Freak wanna push ahead with Gen 7, if it'll exist. Maybe they're waiting for the time to strike. Even then, I doubt everyone's all into it, I personally want a Gen 4 Remake, and as stated previously, not every fan wants a remake, considering past reception.

blue

gucci
Years
Those are extraordinarily short development cycles

It's happened before, we had Fire Red & Leaf Green in 2004 followed by Emerald in 2005. The same goes for Black & White for 2011, Black 2 & White 2 in 2012 and then X & Y in 2013. Now that they have the engine from Pokémon X & Y, the development time won't take anywhere near as long as producing a completely new game.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Well, if a Hoenn remake does happen, what I REALLY hope to see:

1. Route 113, with 3D effects (something like Malva's environment in XY)
2. Riding across lava with a torkoal or camerupt
3. Easier access to Mirage Island (I have not been to that freakin place before...)
4. Easier capture of Feebas (Hopefully with ripples?)
5. Juan as the Sootopolis leader, Steven as champion (Mega Aggron holy s**t), Wallace as a master contest coordinator/role of Steven in Emerald

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
It's happened before, we had Fire Red & Leaf Green in 2004 followed by Emerald in 2005. The same goes for Black & White for 2011, Black 2 & White 2 in 2012 and then X & Y in 2013. Now that they have the engine from Pokémon X & Y, the development time won't take anywhere near as long as producing a completely new game.

You're mixing up the Japan/Worldwide release dates for Black and White and their sequels. Besides, the games have only become more expensive and time-consuming to produce as they get larger and the graphics and sound become more intricate. Unpredictable things have happened in the past for sure, but producing such a big, all-new game like XY must have involved most of the company to get it ready in time for release last October, which wouldn't have left them with many people available to work on whatever the next game will be.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back