• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Emerald and FrLg still got released in the same year in Japan...so short cycles are possible...though our wallets won't be able to take it very well xD.

Well it's said they worked on Emerald and FrLg at the same time (close release dates make that sound possible), Platinum and HGSS too, also it's theorized that they were working on XY during the start Gen V. It's possible they were working on a remake (or Z) sometime after B2W2 or around that time as they were finishing off XY. Perhaps Gen V was merely GF taking time to sharpen their skills on the 3Ds meanwhile we played DS Pokémon games...

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Another couple of questions:

According to the chronology of the main series of games, when does X/Y take place?

That might be a determining factor in whether or not a R/S/E remake is made.

Also, if a R/S/E remakes are made, what does that mean for timeline of Gen 1? Would that mean that we also get updated versions of FR/LG because they all take place at the same time in 3rd Gen or are they going to forget about Kanto altogether because X/Y allows you to get all of the Kanto Pokemon in Kalos (funny enough, in almost the same methods as you did in the Kanto games).

Additionally, the discussion seems to have skewed to the assumption that Hoenn remakes are inevitably coming. The gist I'm getting from the last page or so of comments is that its become an issue of when remakes are coming instead of if they'll ever come. Am I wrong in my interpretation?

If my interpretation is correct, I'd just like to remind everybody that Gamefreak is under no obligation to actually do these remakes (unless they've already officially announced that they were going to do these remakes; in which case I retract my previous statement).

Last edited:

Years
Another couple of questions:

According to the chronology of the main series of games, when does X/Y take place?

That might be a determining factor in whether or not a R/S/E remake is made.

Also, if a R/S/E remakes are made, what does that mean for timeline of Gen 1? Would that mean that we also get updated versions of FR/LG because they all take place at the same time in 3rd Gen or are they going to forget about Kanto altogether because X/Y allows you to get all of the Kanto Pokemon in Kalos (funny enough, in almost the same methods as you did in the Kanto games).

Additionally, the discussion seems to have skewed to the assumption that Hoenn remakes are inevitably coming. The gist I'm getting from the last page or so of comments is that its become an issue of when remakes are coming instead of if they'll ever come. Am I wrong in my interpretation?

If my interpretation is correct, I'd just like to remind everybody that Gamefreak is under no obligation to actually do these remakes (unless they've already officially announced that they were going to do these remakes; in which case I retract my previous statement).

Well Gen III doesn't need to take place at the same time as Gen VI for them to do remakes, after all the spin offs during gen III could trade with one another even though one was a sequel of the other, like wise for Gen V's pairs. Now to answer when XY takes place... I'm assuming it takes place after B2W2, or maybe around the same time as someone mentioned Team Plasma (could be BW Plasma). Also from B2W2 we know RSE took place before Gen V (I think some time between Gen I and II, we have little consise proof).

While GF are under no obligation it feels inevitable for us fans of RSE, much like HGSS did for GSC fans. So it's our hope that's clouding us...to think they'll come in due time, and I still think they're coming. I recall I started to feel that GSC would never be remade following Platinum, until it was announced, and felt my hope that RS would be remade fall after XY were announced.

By the way I think that Kanto should get something too...maybe it'll be included in these remakes :3.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Hoenn is my favorite region, I wouldn't hate a remake, but I don't think it's necessary. Sort of like B2W2, I would much rather prefer an extension to the games. Expand the story. Make a second Hoenn chapter. I would love it. A remake would bring in lots of money, but I think they could make both a remake, and then something like S2R2E2. That would bring in so much money, they couldn't even imagine. A remake could be done pretty fast, and then released at the same time, or right around the same time as the second story. As a Hoenn fan, that's my dream for Hoenn.

I think they aren't doing it because the games are currently compatible. If they do a Hoenn remake for the 3DS, people will start pushing for gen 4 remakes, which don't need to happen. Not yet, at least.

Years
They'll have to butcher the region and the story to get grief from me.

I hope they add lots of accessible islands into the region, would be nice to see what we can uncover when exploring at sea. One of the reasons I loved the region is that I got lost at sea a lot...plus it had challenging puzzles.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Hoenn is my favorite region, I wouldn't hate a remake, but I don't think it's necessary. Sort of like B2W2, I would much rather prefer an extension to the games. Expand the story. Make a second Hoenn chapter. I would love it. A remake would bring in lots of money, but I think they could make both a remake, and then something like S2R2E2. That would bring in so much money, they couldn't even imagine. A remake could be done pretty fast, and then released at the same time, or right around the same time as the second story. As a Hoenn fan, that's my dream for Hoenn.

I think they aren't doing it because the games are currently compatible. If they do a Hoenn remake for the 3DS, people will start pushing for gen 4 remakes, which don't need to happen. Not yet, at least.
I don't really mind sequels, but I just can't really see how it's going to work out.
(If Team Magma/Aqua decides to go all crazy♥ and does silly stuff once again...)

Unless there's a NEW villainous team in the region, or somehow you and possibly your new rival decide to go find the legendaries yourselves...

P.s. Pardon my English. English isn't my first language.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
It's a possibility, but an unlikely one. I know how everyone feels about Hoenn remakes, whether it be the long awaited remake, or just blurting out "HOENN CONFIRMED", but I'm sure Game Freak wanna push ahead with Gen 7, if it'll exist. Maybe they're waiting for the time to strike. Even then, I doubt everyone's all into it, I personally want a Gen 4 Remake, and as stated previously, not every fan wants a remake, considering past reception.
The thing is, remakes in the past have generally been made by a separate team, while the main team works on the next set of main games. There's really no reason for them not to do that again. And tbh I really like that side team's work. They made HG/SS and B2/W2, each of which were amazing releases. More than hope for a remake, I just want something else from that team. but regardless, if someone were going to remake Hoenn and make it feel like advancing the series, it would be that group. HG imo added so much to gen 4 that we were actually disappointed when features were missing In Black and White. There's no reason that the remakes couldn't push the series forward into new territory as well.

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
Years
I would really love a Hoenn remake, but first they'll probably continue X & Y with a Z or just X & Y #2. Then maybe they'll get into remakes; I don't think they'd go straight to another region with new pokemon.

I can't imagine Hoenn on a 3ds, it'd be really nice if they did make a remake. ^^

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
It's happened before, we had Fire Red & Leaf Green in 2004 followed by Emerald in 2005. The same goes for Black & White for 2011, Black 2 & White 2 in 2012 and then X & Y in 2013. Now that they have the engine from Pokémon X & Y, the development time won't take anywhere near as long as producing a completely new game.
Actually Game Freak has confirmed that all of their games have overlapping development cycles.

An NPC in X/Y mentions that Team Plasma was causing trouble in the Unova region "awhile back".

blue

gucci
Years
The thing is, remakes in the past have generally been made by a separate team, while the main team works on the next set of main games. There's really no reason for them not to do that again. And tbh I really like that side team's work. They made HG/SS and B2/W2, each of which were amazing releases. More than hope for a remake, I just want something else from that team. but regardless, if someone were going to remake Hoenn and make it feel like advancing the series, it would be that group. HG imo added so much to gen 4 that we were actually disappointed when features were missing In Black and White. There's no reason that the remakes couldn't push the series forward into new territory as well.

That I did not know, I preferred HGSS to DPPT and same goes for B2W2 than BW. It would be great if the same team worked on the possible RSE Remakes, I wouldn't mind if they were sequels that took place in Hoenn but preferentially I'd like direct Remakes.

Tlachtli

Crit happens.
Years
The existences of the currently-unobtainable Latiosite and Latiasite make me think that we'll be getting Gen VI remakes for Hoenn. The bigger question is when... I'm betting they'll do Z first and then remakes afterward, but that's just a guess really.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
I would like RSE remakes, and I think it's possible that 3rd gen could get a remake. Even though the only evidence supporting it is the not-yet-released Latiosite/Latiasite, which doesn't even lead to much, it makes sense considering the all new generation of kids to sell games to that probably haven't even heard of Kanto or Hoenn. I understand that the games already have backwards capability, but most kids today probably haven't even heard of a Game Boy Advance or Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Either way, the only good places to acquire games like that is on auction sites like eBay or Amazon, which aren't all that much reliable. Game stores don't sell games like that anymore, but they do sell the newest 3DS games. The only forseeable solution to this problem other than RSE remakes would be restarting production of GBAs and 3rd Generation Pokemon games, which are much less credible than RSE remakes.

Years
I would like RSE remakes, and I think it's possible that 3rd gen could get a remake. Even though the only evidence supporting it is the not-yet-released Latiosite/Latiasite, which doesn't even lead to much, it makes sense considering the all new generation of kids to sell games to that probably haven't even heard of Kanto or Hoenn. I understand that the games already have backwards capability, but most kids today probably haven't even heard of a Game Boy Advance or Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. Either way, the only good places to acquire games like that is on auction sites like eBay or Amazon, which aren't all that much reliable. Game stores don't sell games like that anymore, but they do sell the newest 3DS games. The only forseeable solution to this problem other than RSE remakes would be restarting production of GBAs and 3rd Generation Pokemon games, which are much less credible than RSE remakes.

Well they could also put them in the e-shop of either the wii U or 3DS, that's also a strong possibility. I'm hoping for remakes though. Put FrLg on the e-shop...it's it's 10 year anniversary.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
Well they could also put them in the e-shop of either the wii U or 3DS, that's also a strong possibility. I'm hoping for remakes though. Put FrLg on the e-shop...it's it's 10 year anniversary.
One thing though: I doubt if game freak decides to have the games up on eShop, they will have any sort of communication with the latest games. It'll just be a GBA portover.

I feel that if GF wants to expose Hoenn in a more effective way to new players, they should reintroduce it with modern mechanics such as Wi-Fi and 3D environments...

Besides, remakes or sequels would make GF earn much more. I can definitely see past players of RS(E) purchase the 3DS/remastered versions, but a GBA port on the eShop? I don't know for sure but I bet the numbers will be much less.

Also:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back