• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I think the Groudon & Kyogre footage could just be the opening scene, I can't see them revealing the first footage as something that happens so late in the game. You would think that first gameplay footage would be of Littleroot Town or an early Route to show off the graphics.

It's a custom to showcase legendaries even before revealing the starters, isn't it? Just look at X&Y, what they first revealed were the first legendary Pokémon. I think they just want to follow that rule, even for a remake, or make a real teaser for us. Until now, the skimpish footage Kyogre and Groudon are all that we've got.

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's a custom to showcase legendaries even before revealing the starters, isn't it? Just look at X&Y, what they first revealed were the first legendary Pokémon. I think they just want to follow that rule, even for a remake, or make a real teaser for us. Until now, the skimpish footage Kyogre and Groudon are all that we've got.

That's true, but iirc the X&Y Legendary trailer was the opening scenes from X & Y. It could be actual gameplay outside Sootopolis, but I would've thought they would play from the beginning rather than a random stage in the game.

Years
    I recall RSE having one of the first extensive and unique beginning cutscenes of the games. It would be cool to have that battle in the trailer as the beginning, but I would love to see them rendition the old cutscenes of the main trainer riding through the grass in 3D; I think that'd look amazing! :]

Years
    I recall RSE having one of the first extensive and unique beginning cutscenes of the games. It would be cool to have that battle in the trailer as the beginning, but I would love to see them rendition the old cutscenes of the main trainer riding through the grass in 3D; I think that'd look amazing! :]

I'd really love to see the whole opening cutscene recreated in 3D, such as the scene of Brendan/May riding the bike and seeing Latias/Latios. And I hope they make the title screen look awesome, they did a good job with it in HG/SS rendering Ho-Oh and Lugia in 3D which was pretty impressive for the DS at the time.

Years
    ^Yeah.

All though I have a question, what first Pokémon will you catch in ORAS?

I remember my first capture in R/S being a Zigzagoon who stayed with me through the whole game. Maybe I might try and make that my first capture to relive that moment, but then again the first route only has Zigzagoon, Wurmple and Poochyena anyway.

I really can't wait to see what the scene where Professor Birch gets attacked by Poochyena will look like, and the moment the player saves him using the starter they chose.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It'd be great if they could actually turn that into an animation, and show what Birch does to upset this Poochyena. :o It would be pretty cool, if you ask me.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    It'd be great if they could actually turn that into an animation, and show what Birch does to upset this Poochyena. :o It would be pretty cool, if you ask me.

I always just assumed he set his bag down, accidentally stepped in the grass, and a Poochyena attacked him but he had no Pokemon and couldn't get to his bag.

Years
    In my mind, he was researching how the starter pokemon fared in battle, but left the bag to go examine something he saw in the grass, and it ended up being the Poochyena. A little abstract, but at the time it made sense to me. n__n;

blue

gucci
    Years
    So allegedly Serebii leaked a few Mega Evolutions which I have a good feeling about. Four were listed and they were Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Ludicolo & Mega Shiftry. I'd be all for that lot, sounds like a great line up of megas!

Years
    So allegedly Serebii leaked a few Mega Evolutions which I have a good feeling about. Four were listed and they were Mega Sceptile, Mega Swampert, Mega Ludicolo & Mega Shiftry. I'd be all for that lot, sounds like a great line up of megas!

I'd be content with those, for sure. Mega Shiftry would look epic, and of course Sceptile and Swampert were probably the most obvious to get a Megalution in ORAS, so that would make a lot of sense. Maybe throw in a little twist in the post-game and add an event where you fight Miror B and his squad of Mega Ludicolos, haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I wonder where Serebii gets their info from for these things. They leaked Diancie, Hoopa, and Volcanion in a similar fashion iirc.

I kinda want a Mega Metagross too. Because that'd look cool and it'd be great if Steven's signature Pokemon can mega evolve when you battle him (like with Diantha and her Gardevoir).

Last edited:
    Years
    I kinda want a Mega Metagross too. Because that'd look cool and it'd be great if Steven's signature Pokemon can mega evolve when you battle him (like with Diantha and her Gardevoir).

Mega evolutions make for great ace Pokemon, that's for sure. I hope they find a way to introduce a plethora of new Megalutions that can collectively symbolize the ace Pokemon for the entire elite four in ORAS. Mega Salamence would probably look incredible in 3D. *__*

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

I think this is possible! Remember in one of the BW games we saw the Professor entering our house? (am I remembering right?) Maybe they'll show a 10 second preview of Professor Birch getting attacked to start off the story.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years

Omfg yes, I imagine seeing Birch running away from the Poochyena and the camera turns to the bag and try to hastily grab a Pokemon x3 Yes that would be cool!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    These are probably fake, but that PokeNav implementation looks cool (if it is even a PokeNav)...

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back