• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I've seen that on a video, I'd love for the Pokénav touchscreen to look similar to that. It sort of looks like the touchscreen layout from HGSS, which was the best IMO.

Haha yeah. HGSS had one of the best layouts. Honestly, this image seems somewhat believable. There's the "internet" and arrows on the bottom screen just like in XY.

But it's fake. It's Kalos Route 4.
    Well, at least it gives us an impression on how the games might actually look like.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    That's true, but iirc the X&Y Legendary trailer was the opening scenes from X & Y. It could be actual gameplay outside Sootopolis, but I would've thought they would play from the beginning rather than a random stage in the game.

Not exactly a random stage, just the apex of the climax stage in the story. Can't blame them, can we.
    But like you said, it may help if they showed screenshots of us moving in and stuff, and then go on to redo the legendary footage, because as it is a remake most of the gameplay is quite predictable.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    It'd be great if they could actually turn that into an animation, and show what Birch does to upset this Poochyena. :o It would be pretty cool, if you ask me.
    I always wondered that. The professors usually work among Pokemon a lot, and little Poochyena that's are right outside the town wouldn't seem like such a threat to them, you wouldn't think. xD;

These are probably fake, but that PokeNav implementation looks cool (if it is even a PokeNav)...

Spoiler:
    Uuugh, yes. I hope the PokeNav screen is set up in a similar way.

Years
    That screenshots' layout for the PokeNav looks really nice, fake or not. I'd certainly like the actual games to have a similar layout to that! Besides the Touch Screen, Brendan looks good in a 3D model, I have to say. :]

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    That 3D model of Brendan has his hat super high on his head so you can see his hair lmao. That looks a little awkward but at the same time really natural to me. I kind of hope that's how the PNavscreen looks, looks really sleek.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I wonder if we will get any additional footage tonight with Get TV? There's been no talk of that but surely they'll cover some section of the games?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    I can't believe these have finally been announced! I remember speculating in the old thread for these games years ago, it's nice to see they're finally around the corner. What do people think they'll add to the games which weren't originally there? I reckon Regigigas is a given, and I think Manaphy would be perfect too. Maybe you could find the egg on mirage island?

Years
    I wonder if we will get any additional footage tonight with Get TV? There's been no talk of that but surely they'll cover some section of the games?

I haven't heard anything about that, but I won't be complaining if they do, haha. n__n;

I can't believe these have finally been announced! I remember speculating in the old thread for these games years ago, it's nice to see they're finally around the corner. What do people think they'll add to the games which weren't originally there? I reckon Regigigas is a given, and I think Manaphy would be perfect too. Maybe you could find the egg on mirage island?

Regigigas would make sense, seeing as Hoenn is the original region of the Regi trio. Not a big fan of Regigigas, though. The three preceding it were much better in terms of design and concept, in my opinion. There is a lot of water in Hoenn, so Manaphy could be included as well, although Kyogre already took the title of most prominent water-type legendary in the games!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
    The news definitely excited me this morning that I began listening to Hoenn music on loud XD

Me, too! I did it a weekend or two ago using iTunes Home Sharing on my Dad's 15-inch MacBook Pro, an audio patch cable, and my family's home theater system's amplifier and speakers, but the end result is the same: epic trumpets and french horns!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
    The first time I saw this news I was taking a piss before lunch almost dropped my phone in the toilet.

Wait…WHAT?!?! That could have gotten ugly…

I'm pretty sure we'll get graphics similar to X/Y. It'd be silly of them to have the same graphics as the original R/S/E at this point.

I wouldn't mind having the option to switch graphical styles, actually. I never got around to obtaining the GB Player in my copy of SoulSilver, but I read about it in Prima's guide to the game and really liked the concept. It would have really been interesting to use the item to switch back to the old graphics, and I wonder if GameFreak will put something similar into the RSEmakes. Now that I've downloaded the HG/SS soundtrack on iTunes, maybe I'll get around to making some progress to get to that point (I'm stuck on Clair; where's Kyurem when I need him?) just because I do hope for something like a 'GBA Player' in the Hoenn remakes.

Also, one of the admins needs to add "HOENN CONFIRMED, [username]!" to the list of possible welcome messages.

I second this notion!

I'm so pumped! But then I realized I don't have a 3DS. Sad, but the release is near my B'Day. So, who knows? I may get it for my B'Day. Although not that much stuff was shown, we'll just wait for E3.

Maybe there'll be OR/AS 3DS bundles!

Last edited by a moderator:

blue

gucci
    Years
    Depending on how they look, I'd actually consider buying a Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire 3DS XL. I've always wanted a themed handheld console, and out of all of them I think a Ruby & Sapphire remake themed console would be the best. n_n

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
    "New" world - maybe because of the advancement in graphics?

That's what I think, too.

I doubt it'll be a sequel, or a new region. They COULD add the Sevii Islands in ORAS (spectacular new world?)... But a new region? Just don't think it'll happen... But we will see.

The Sevii Islands would be a great area to add to Ruby and Sapphire as part of re-imagining them. I really loved traveling through this archipelago during my first play through FireRed, especially Sevault Canyon, Tanoby Key, the Tanoby Ruins, and the Tanoby Chambers.

From the ONM:
    There's a reason for this biblical tone, readers - the Pokemon Company has announced that the much-requested remakes of their GBA games will be arriving in November under the names Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Unless the ONM isn't "official"...

Could you give us a link to where you found this, please?

I think I will go with either Mudkip or Torchic, I like them both! <3 ;) Still have some time to think about that :3

Yeah; I might get Mudkip this time since I can always trade either my original event Torchic or an egg generated from it over from my copy of Y.

I wish EVERY Pokemon could Mega Evolve. Having only a few means that people are now picking favourites. Have you SEEN the metagame now? Megas on EVERYONE'S teams. The same 12 or whatever Pokemon are being used now. They just need to give every Pokemon a Mega form, powerful or not. It's not like it would be Megas everywhere too much because you're only allowed one. I truly think they should do that.

Love Megas much? IMHO, that's going way too far!

If the rumours are true, I'm looking forward to Mega Plusle and Mega Minun. It'll be nice for cute Pokemon lovers like me to be able to use cute Pokemon in battles without getting creamed in five seconds. Much better than having already powerful Pokemon being turned even MORE powerful.

Shouldn't Plusle and Minun get normal evolutions first?

Last edited by a moderator:

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I'm honestly still having trouble believing that Hoenn Remakes are actually confirmed.

Seriously, the day before they were announced (LITERALLY the day before), I recall saying that Hoenn Remakes weren't going to happen.
    That it had been too long and they probably passed up the idea a while back. But lo and behold, next day I see a tumblr post about them.

I'm still awaiting actual game play anxiously, but from the looks of it we've got relatively the same graphics as X&Y.

Years
    I'm honestly still having trouble believing that Hoenn Remakes are actually confirmed.

When my friends told me Nintendo had officially announced the games, I was in disbelief as well. I'm elated that they're being made, though. They haven't released anything substantial yet, only a short teaser with clips that may not even qualify as game-play. It was pretty disappointing, but there has been news that a bigger update will come in June, so that's something to look forward to.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm sure the next batch of news will be newsworthy, E3 and CoroCoro are probably the best events to showcase new information. So I'm sure June will be a big month for ORAS news, hopefully!

Years
    I'm looking forward to seeing what E3 has to show; can't remember how much info. they gave away for HGSS since I didn't pay attention to it much. (That being said, I don't recall them giving too much information about the games until later on, so maybe it'll be the same with ORAS? Again, I didn't pay it too much attention; plus, it's been plenty of years since HGSS were released.)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Info at E3 is a decent chance. They haven't really done much about Pokémon main game news before (before X&Y news last year, it was FRLG info iirc... quite a gap). But given the games have a worldwide release again, it seems, then it's a factor that's gone (yay, we don't have to pretend the games don't exist because Japan gets it months in advance!).

Years
    If they do release information about ORAS at E3, I'm hoping that they either quell theories of new Mega evolutions being introduced in the remakes, or reveal the list of Pokemon they'll be creating Mega evolutions for. I think that's the most pressing question about ORAS, at least in my head right now.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    If they do release information about ORAS at E3, I'm hoping that they either quell theories of new Mega evolutions being introduced in the remakes, or reveal the list of Pokemon they'll be creating Mega evolutions for. I think that's the most pressing question about ORAS, at least in my head right now.

I think I kind of agree with you. About anything related to legendaries we've discussed here involves megas in a way. It's a really pressing question, especially with data for new mega evolutions not being there in X&Y's codes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I just really hope we get to see something at E3! Anything more than what was on Get TV would be great honestly. :) I think that if we get to see some gameplay, it'll answer a couple of questions we have about the protagonists and whether or not we'll be able to customize them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back