• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I dunno, just doesn't make much sense to me.

They don't look any different aside from the glowing. At least Keldeo looked way different in his resolution form, and the same goes to Kyurem in his two new forms. With that in mind Groudon and Kyogre don't even look like forms. They just look like they're in an active state like the one Xerneas goes into.

And I also just don't see them ruining what their mega forms look like immediately.

So I'm gunning for 'active forms' myself.

I don't think 'active forms' would warrant calling them 'new' Pokemon (but then again they did so with the aforementioned Keldeo's Resolution forme which was simply a changed appearance). Also it'll be a waste to point out that they look like megas in Get Tv. Everyone remember when they teased Sylveon's type in Smash? It feels like their teasing has a result that's more than the obvious. Of course the more than the obvious makes me think that they may be special megas caused by methods other than what we currently know. Maybe they'll even have a larger boost in stats (110 to match the total of a hypothetical MegaRayquaza's 100 stat increase).

Years
  • I remembered from the GET TV reveal that the lady was saying something about "mega shinka" - Mega evolution when she compared the box art and the original.

Yeah she was yelling Mega Evolution. It seemed to me like she was saying something like "Mega Evolution, are they Mega Evolutions?" by the look on her face.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    .. I think if those end up being their megas, I'll be disappointed.

I expected something more radical and awesome, especially because all the other mega forms look pretty amazing. So why give such small changes to a mighty being like a legendary and call it 'mega'? Seems kinda 'lame-a' to me. XD;

Maybe they'll make it up with typing, stat changes, ability changes, and move pool upgrades.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • .. I think if those end up being their megas, I'll be disappointed.

I expected something more radical and awesome, especially because all the other mega forms look pretty amazing. So why give such small changes to a mighty being like a legendary and call it 'mega'? Seems kinda 'lame-a' to me. XD;

Maybe they'll make it up with typing, stat changes, ability changes, and move pool upgrades.

They could give new types. Mega Groudon could be Ground/Fire for instance.
    Mega Kyogre Water/Ice?

Years
  • .. I think if those end up being their megas, I'll be disappointed.

Some have suggested that what we see in the box-art is only the half (or beginning) of them mega evolving. If so than the end result could look a whole lot different.

Speaking of different as I've said before I hope they edit the Latis' models and make them look more different than one another. Give the Latis some markings (Omega for LatiOs, and Alpha for LatiAs) and maybe a different shade of purple. Maybe Latias can have a more duller purple and Latios have a more bright purple (mimicking the differences in birds).

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Not sure if they'll change the models since its very possible that some will trade their Latis over to X&Y, then mega evolve them. They might have been prototypes, but there's also a high chance they are the finals. Cause it's possible the Latis will play an event role in X&Y in the future or something like that.

They seem like 'back track' models, similar to Hoopa and Volcanion, who surely won't be introduced until the third installment. But they have the models present for people who put them into X&Y later.

But I really do hope they change the models, because there isn't any difference between them from what I saw...

Years
  • Not sure if they'll change the models since its very possible that some will trade their Latis over to X&Y, then mega evolve them. They might have been prototypes, but there's also a high chance they are the finals. Cause it's possible the Latis will play an event role in X&Y in the future or something like that.

They seem like 'back track' models, similar to Hoopa and Volcanion, who surely won't be introduced until the third installment. But they have the models present for people who put them into X&Y later.

But I really do hope they change the models, because there isn't any difference between them from what I saw...
    Only the eyes (Latias has golden and Latios red still, but they're hard to see either way), and Latios seems a bit bigger, and the way their wings are spread. Really the differences between those two are less than 'Omega' Groudon and 'Alpha' Kyogre are to the originals...

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Not sure if they'll change the models since its very possible that some will trade their Latis over to X&Y, then mega evolve them. They might have been prototypes, but there's also a high chance they are the finals. Cause it's possible the Latis will play an event role in X&Y in the future or something like that.

I'm guessing the Mega Lati's are final since it looks like for their Megas they look like they merge and something so that is sweet. I honestly thought they would pull a Kyurem and actually have a MEga that can merge or something haha.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah she was yelling Mega Evolution. It seemed to me like she was saying something like "Mega Evolution, are they Mega Evolutions?" by the look on her face.
    That doesn't necessarily mean that they are Mega Evolutions. She just thinks that they are Mega Evolutions. But this is why I'd wish they'd reveal some more info, so we actually have stuff to go on for speculation instead of grasping at straws.

They could give new types. Mega Groudon could be Ground/Fire for instance.
    Mega Kyogre Water/Ice?
    Nah, they'll make Kyorge Water/Water and have its ability change to Adaptability after Mega Evolving just so its Water Spouts can be even more ridiculous XD

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • it would be real interesting if they made the Emerald character because they've just changed the outfit colours in E…

The Emerald outfit will most likely be implemented as part of character customization, right?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really hope that they aren't like Mewtwo's... I started wondering how it's Mega stones were even made in the first place considering it's an artificial Pokemon and the event that created Mega stones happened 3000 years ago, well before Mewtwo was even born...even before Mew was even discovered (rediscovered?)...

Mew has the DNA of every single Pokémon inside it, so maybe the scientists who created Mewtwo inadvertently found the Mega Stone DNA for some Pokémon, figured out what it did, and reworked it for him to use in combination with an artificial Mega Stone? After all, Mr. Fuji does mention that he knows something about the Kalos region's Mega-Evolution–related myths and legends in Pokémon Origins.

P. S.: Is there another thread somewhere on this site where people are discussing or have discussed this? I don't want to sidetrack this thread too much more…

Last edited:

Years
  • That doesn't necessarily mean that they are Mega Evolutions. She just thinks that they are Mega Evolutions. But this is why I'd wish they'd reveal some more info, so we actually have stuff to go on for speculation instead of grasping at straws.

Nah, they'll make Kyorge Water/Water and have its ability change to Adaptability after Mega Evolving just so its Water Spouts can be even more ridiculous XD

I think they'll leave us grasping for straws for awhile like they made us do with the type of Sylveon and to a lesser extent that of the legendaries of XY. I don't expect them to reveal what they are until September or October...if at all.

Years
  • I think they'll leave us grasping for straws for awhile like they made us do with the type of Sylveon and to a lesser extent that of the legendaries of XY. I don't expect them to reveal what they are until September or October...if at all.

I think I mentioned this a while back. When Sylveon was released, speculation flew around the internet regarding its type, and went on for quite a while before they finally announced Fairy type Pokemon. Seems like they'll be following a similar strategy with ORAS information. I don't expect to know about mega evolution for a few more weeks. d:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • E3 is drawing ever closer and it is definitely exciting to speculate what will be revealed. I just really want to see some gameplay footage, it's hard to imagine Hoenn in 3D. 8)

Years
  • Yeah, especially with the way Kalos (and Unova to a lesser extent) was set up compared to past generations. The building in the new games just seem much bigger compared to the first four generations. I would love it if Rustboro was turned into something like Castellia and Lumiose cities. I say Rustboro as it's based off the largest city in Kyushu. Also we pass it several times (on our way back from Meteor falls, after saving Peeko.) Also it's home to Devon like Lumiose was home to the maker of the Holocaster (Team Flare).

I wonder if they'll keep the horizontal and vertical aspects of the route or add diagonal routes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would love it if Rustboro was turned into something like Castellia and Lumiose cities. I say Rustboro as it's based off the largest city in Kyushu. Also we pass it several times (on our way back from Meteor falls, after saving Peeko.) Also it's home to Devon like Lumiose was home to the maker of the Holocaster (Team Flare).

!! Please no !! Castelia and Lumiose are my least favorite cities. Have huge ones gets too confusing, I literally needed to look up a map in order to navigate Lumiose. It got too annoying having to wander around the whole city trying to find where one specific shop was.

Years
  • They were hard to navigate through but they were beautiful (well Lumiose more so than the more gritty Castellia). It doesn't have to be super massive either. Maybe two parts (like the sundial city) but bigger. It could also have a nicer grid system so all roads lead to one another and barely no dead ends.

Years
  • Lumiose really needed a mini-map of its own to help the player, because I know I spent hours navigating through the various roads. It's just extremely confusing when the city is that gigantic; I don't like it. Having a mini-map might've changed my opinion, so if they add a feature similar to that in enlarging Rustboro, I'll be okay with it.

Years
  • Lumiose really needed a mini-map... I know I spent hours navigating through the various roads... extremely confusing... gigantic; I don't like it... mini-map

Just make PokÉarth a key item where if we select it, bottom screen displays mini-map with an arrow pointing where our players are facing. Maybe even give us a big city stray Pokemon to be a guide Pokeman.

I don't really want to see the Battle Tents return. Were they even useful?
    Also seriously hope for CHIMECHO in the wild.
    Such grind. Much Chingling. So wow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back