• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • Just wondering... Anyone knows the file size of R/S and E game roms?

It could roughly give us an estimate on how much extras game freak can put into the games, considering XY was ~1.7GB.

Last edited:
    Years
  • After some quick research, Pokemon Ruby seems to be around 4.7 MB. I'm sure ORAS will be just as big, if not bigger than X and Y. Hoenn was a huge region filled with tons of areas; it would not be a good sign if it has a smaller file size than the Kalos games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • After some quick research, Pokemon Ruby seems to be around 4.7 MB. I'm sure ORAS will be just as big, if not bigger than X and Y. Hoenn was a huge region filled with tons of areas; it would not be a good sign if it has a smaller file size than the Kalos games.

I bet they'll make Hoenn even bigger this time around if they feel the need to match or surpass the size of XY. New areas are likely to happen. Maybe even a mini region like what the Battle zone in Sinnoh was considered to be.

Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I kinda hate how May/Brendan gives up matching up to you after your encounter in Lilycove. It kinda makes Wally your true rival and it is kinda scumbaggish for them to NOT evolve their starter to its final form in RSE. :<
    This. I really wanted just one more battle with them. :L Let's just hope GameFreak spices stuff up, and we get a rematch with them in the lab, after the Lilycove battle. That would be amazing, with a fully evolved team and all~

Years
  • This. I really wanted just one more battle with them. :L Let's just hope GameFreak spices stuff up, and we get a rematch with them in the lab, after the Lilycove battle. That would be amazing, with a fully evolved team and all~

Or maybe they'll have them rush towards us after defeating Wally and Challenge us, saying that they've decided not to give up. It'll be awesome to battle them back to back. Of course maybe Wally will heal our Pokemon before we do so...

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Since RSE has the whole 'Dive' feature too, and tons of areas to explore with that, I highly doubt it's file size will be smaller than X&Y.

There's more Pokemon to add, I believe, a lot more areas if you count diving... and yeah. I don't think we have to worry about file sizes or anything like that.

I said it before, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to jip the fans of Hoenn. These games have been anticipated for many years by many people. They're not going to lessen the content, guys. I can pretty much assure you 100% that these games are going to be huge.

Years
  • Since RSE has the whole 'Dive' feature too, and tons of areas to explore with that, I highly doubt it's file size will be smaller than X&Y.

There's more Pokemon to add, I believe, a lot more areas if you count diving... and yeah. I don't think we have to worry about file sizes or anything like that.

I said it before, but I'm pretty sure they aren't going to jip the fans of Hoenn. These games have been anticipated for many years by many people. They're not going to lessen the content, guys. I can pretty much assure you 100% that these games are going to be huge.

I'm hoping they add more diving spots. Also that they make the desert bigger.

The new Pokemon they'll add will probably be for the post game, but even that'll take a lot of information, and the models of the ones not in the game too.

Hoenn had more waterfalls one can ride up than Kalos did so that'll add more to the game. I can't wait to see the massive waterfall in front of Evergrande city.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm hoping for them to add more… pizazz around that waterfall, if possible. Hoenn is focused around natural things like this, and this is basically their Niagara Falls. Since it is, they need to make it seem more intense, and perhaps also have some breeze-like effect surrounding the place, just to add to its touch. :]

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years

If I remember correctly, the eShop has a file size limit of 2GB (not sure if this applies to retail games), so if ORAS will be up for download it probably means it'll be just as big/slightly larger than XY...?

But 2GB seems just a bit too little.

Years
  • I'm hoping for them to add more… pizazz around that waterfall, if possible. Hoenn is focused around natural things like this, and this is basically their Niagara Falls. Since it is, they need to make it seem more intense, and perhaps also have some breeze-like effect surrounding the place, just to add to its touch. :]

I was thinking they could have a cutscene for it similar to the Mt. Chemney scene.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Yeah, just a town map would suffice for me. I wouldn't want a map that shows every little thing in a city though, then there would be no fun exploring.

Maybe the map could only point out what players have discovered to them with captions and only show outlines of the buildings that users haven't explored yet?

Years
  • In the past two generations, Game Freak has really exploited every possible opportunity to show off their evolving graphics with unique tiles and camera angles that were unheard of in old games. I'd like to see something like this in ORAS, like when you walk into that part of the route, the camera angle automatically turns and shows off the flowing, shiny waterfall, emphasizing the beauty of Hoenn's environment!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • In the past two generations, Game Freak has really exploited every possible opportunity to show off their evolving graphics with unique tiles and camera angles that were unheard of in old games. I'd like to see something like this in ORAS, like when you walk into that part of the route, the camera angle automatically turns and shows off the flowing, shiny waterfall, emphasizing the beauty of Hoenn's environment!

YES I HOPE THEY DO THAT! Imagine climbing Ever Grande's Waterfall! Maybe while climbing there would be beautiful shots of the surrondings and maybe after going up, and go to the left side of the island, maybe you could see Hoenn in all its majestic beauty perhaps?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    YES I HOPE THEY DO THAT! Imagine climbing Ever Grande's Waterfall! Maybe while climbing there would be beautiful shots of the surrondings and maybe after going up, and go to the left side of the island, maybe you could see Hoenn in all its majestic beauty perhaps?

Waaaaaay better than eyecatches imo. I remember something like this in Colloseum near a waterfall, so if they limit camera rotation in some areas it would look really nice. And flying. They should really give us a overhead view before we warp to our destination.

Years
  • Hoenn could definitely use some cutscenes to show off its exotic scenery. In the game, there are a ton of areas that qualify to have one, like the desert outside Mauville. Game Freak did this a bit in Kalos with the Roselia statue, the sundial in Anistar City, and a few more, so I expect ORAS to receive similar graphic enhancement.

Years
  • Hoenn could definitely use some cutscenes to show off its exotic scenery. In the game, there are a ton of areas that qualify to have one, like the desert outside Mauville. Game Freak did this a bit in Kalos with the Roselia statue, the sundial in Anistar City, and a few more, so I expect ORAS to receive similar graphic enhancement.

A good place to do it would be with Sky Tower, and with the shrine on top of Mt. Pyre.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years

I could see Mt. Chimney getting a panoramic view of Hoenn perhaps? And maybe while riding the Cable Car you could see the immediate area around it perhaps?

Years
  • A panoramic view of Hoenn would look amazing! I always appreciate when game developers try to showcase their vibrant graphics in the form of short cutscenes and such, so that would be perfect for Game Freak to show the players the 3D-rendered Hoenn in its entirety. :]

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • That would be great! Something like what we got in Aspertia City in BW2, and I believe iirc in Guardian Signs. I think it would be cool because they would be able to show off their new graphics style and ofc how nice Hoenn will look all updated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back