• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • Saw this joke on tumblr and thought it was pretty funny!
    Spoiler:

pls im so fab i could evolve milotic just by encountering it ;)

But besides the point, I hope GF will pull off some kind of different evolution methods that require you to do something, how would you say uhmmm, avant-garde ish, I suppose ;) Like for Inkay and its uncanny evolution method of turning the 3ds upside down for it to evolve. :)

Years
  • Doing a duck-face into the 3DS camera...

Been wondering about NPC in-game trades and if the old ones are back with a few new.
    Also wondering if, like in HGSS, we are able to trade with Gym Leaders again.

Years
  • Doing a duck-face into the 3DS camera...

Been wondering about NPC in-game trades and if the old ones are back with a few new.
    Also wondering if, like in HGSS, we are able to trade with Gym Leaders again.

If memory serves me right, Ruby and Sapphire had an extremely minimal number of in-game trades, and some of them were quite absurd to me, such as you having to trade a Bellossom to get a Corsola. I knew there was only one Sun Stone easily found in-game so yeah it feels like a rip-off. The others involved trading a Slakoth for a Makuhita and Pikachu for a Skitty.

Emerald had completely different in-game trades though, in that game's case we had:
    - Trade a Ralts for a Seedot
    - Trade a Volbeat for a Plusle
    - Trade a Bagon for a Horsea

And there was also one postgame one in Emerald as well, trading a Skitty for a Meowth. I noticed a lot of Emerald's in-game trades had the required Pokemon be something that was extremely rare in those games. 3rd Gen surely had such very weird and outrageous in-game trades, plus there was a significant lack of them compared to other generations so I'm hoping they may add some more in these remakes. I'll never forget when I traded one of my spare Pikachus to that person in Fortree City in the original R/S and got that Skitty of theirs named "Skitit". That was when I first learned in-game trades always have nicknames.

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    If memory serves me right, Ruby and Sapphire had an extremely minimal number of in-game trades, and some of them were quite absurd to me, such as you having to trade a Bellossom to get a Corsola. I knew there was only one Sun Stone easily found in-game so yeah it feels like a rip-off. The others involved trading a Slakoth for a Makuhita and Pikachu for a Skitty.

Emerald had completely different in-game trades though, in that game's case we had:
    - Trade a Ralts for a Seedot
    - Trade a Volbeat for a Plusle
    - Trade a Bagon for a Horsea

And there was also one postgame one in Emerald as well, trading a Skitty for a Meowth. I noticed a lot of Emerald's in-game trades had the required Pokemon be something that was extremely rare in those games. 3rd Gen surely had such very weird and outrageous in-game trades, plus there was a significant lack of them compared to other generations so I'm hoping they may add some more in these remakes. I'll never forget when I traded one of my spare Pikachus to that person in Fortree City in the original R/S and got that Skitty of theirs named "Skitit". That was when I first learned in-game trades always have nicknames.

I remember that we had to trade the incredibly hard to get Slakoth for a Makuhita. Apart from the absurd nickname, I later found it that it was actually quite common and how rare Slakoth was. If anything, it just downgraded the whole trading system. Added to that was the traded Corsola already had some contest stats, which was weird since iirc I got it in Pacificlog or Fortree.

I would like it if they reversed all the said trades so that we actually need to give Makuhita for Slakoth, Seedot for Ralts, Horsea for Bagon and so on. That would be so neat.

Perhaps Adler can make a cameo and agree to trade us a Unova Pokémon for some common Hoenn Pokémon, like how Steven did in HGSS.

Years
  • It would be nice for Alder to make an appearance for the same purpose Hoenn mentioned, as well as tweak the already existing in-game trades from RSE. The point of those is to be rewarded for catching lots of Pokemon, but if the reward for trading away a rare, difficult Pokemon to find, is an extremely common one found in various areas, then what's the point?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It would be nice for Alder to make an appearance for the same purpose Hoenn mentioned, as well as tweak the already existing in-game trades from RSE. The point of those is to be rewarded for catching lots of Pokemon, but if the reward for trading away a rare, difficult Pokemon to find, is an extremely common one found in various areas, then what's the point?
    Yeah, they sort of need to spice them up if they plan to keep the same species. Like make the traded Pokemon shiny, have it's hidden ability, perfect IV's. All three? Maybe not all three...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    It would be nice for Alder to make an appearance for the same purpose Hoenn mentioned, as well as tweak the already existing in-game trades from RSE. The point of those is to be rewarded for catching lots of Pokemon, but if the reward for trading away a rare, difficult Pokemon to find, is an extremely common one found in various areas, then what's the point?

RSE does take place before BW, doesn't it? If it does, then Alder should be a little younger by the time he's exploring Hoenn, and personally, I think it would be really cool if they could portray him as such. :]

Years
  • RSE does take place before BW, doesn't it? If it does, then Alder should be a little younger by the time he's exploring Hoenn, and personally, I think it would be really cool if they could portray him as such. :]

He may not look all that different. It may have been a 5 year difference between RSE and BW (we're never told the distance in time between the first two primary gens and Generation V.) However one would think he'll look a little different but it all depends if GF want to take the time to make a younger looking Alder. I think HgSs Giovanni looked a little older compared to FrLg Giovanni.

Speaking of Giovanni, he as well as Red and Green/Blue have been in every generation. (I think they'll save Green/Blue for 'Z' as in XY they mention him) Maybe Red or Giovanni will appear? For all we know RSEOrAs could take place a few months after FrLg. (Or they could have the potentially non-canon PWT come back) I think that Sinnoh (at least Pt) took place in the winter (the snow in Sinnoh could've been due in part to this) while the Johto remakes took place in autumn (the leaves in Ecruteak hint at this). Also the events that occuer late in Johto are referenced in DP.

Actually the main character is from Johto...one would think they'll have heard of Giovanni in the neighboring Kanto. Maybe they'll add a reference to Rocket's actions in Kanto and that they have a branch in Johto (which references the sequels to the Kanto games aka the Johto games).

Years
  • Actually, if it's an extremely rare Pokemon, trading it to receive a Shiny would only be a proper reward. They could easily place an NPC post-game that asks for a Feebas in exchange for some popular shiny Pokemon, like Ralts. Doesn't have to be Feebas, but off the top of my head that's one of the most difficult to catch.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would like to have an important figure from another region come and trade us its starters. :) Maybe the Sinnoh starters? Since the Johto Starters were the reward for completing the Hoenn dex in Emerald and maybe they'll keep that, and the Sinnoh ones are next oldest. :3 (since the Kanto ones were present in XY)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sinnoh starters would definitely be a good option, since... they're not as utilize as ones from other regions. :( In HeartGold and SoulSilver, they gave away Hoenn starters; in BW and BW2, I believe it was both Kanto and Johto (could be wrong, since I haven't played these games in a while); and in X and Y, we've had Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur, which are all from Kanto. Piplup, Chimchar, and Turtwig, on the other hand, could not be obtained in any of those games (well, maybe except a couple) unless you actually trade.

Years
  • I would like to have an important figure from another region come and trade us its starters. :) Maybe the Sinnoh starters? Since the Johto Starters were the reward for completing the Hoenn dex in Emerald and maybe they'll keep that, and the Sinnoh ones are next oldest. :3 (since the Kanto ones were present in XY)

I'll rather they give it to us like Steven did in the Johto remakes. As it being traded to us would mean no nicknaming it. And if they do trade one (like Shauna in XY) then I hope it has a nice nickname like Chester the Chespin did.
    If Cynthia appears in Hoenn (she said she had a home in some other region, that's cluttered...maybe it'll be in a new area in Hoenn for post game? Or maybe it's that region that the Backpacker in XY was from...) then she will most likely play the part Steven did in the Johto remakes. Maybe after getting all the silver symbols from the Frontier Birch will give us a Unova starter (like how after we got all the badges and defeated Red we got a Kanto and a Hoenn starter in HgSs).

Salzorrah

Years
  • I'll rather they give it to us like Steven did in the Johto remakes. As it being traded to us would mean no nicknaming it. And if they do trade one (like Shauna in XY) then I hope it has a nice nickname like Chester the Chespin did.
    If Cynthia appears in Hoenn (she said she had a home in some other region, that's cluttered...maybe it'll be in a new area in Hoenn for post game? Or maybe it's that region that the Backpacker in XY was from...) then she will most likely play the part Steven did in the Johto remakes. Maybe after getting all the silver symbols from the Frontier Birch will give us a Unova starter (like how after we got all the badges and defeated Red we got a Kanto and a Hoenn starter in HgSs).

How about have May/Brendan give their starter's "offspring" once you reach Postgame like how Shauna did in XY? Or have Birch give you the starter weak to you postgame so you could have a chance of "seeing" all of the Hoenn starters?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    How about have May/Brendan give their starter's "offspring" once you reach Postgame like how Shauna did in XY? Or have Birch give you the starter weak to you postgame so you could have a chance of "seeing" all of the Hoenn starters?

A third rival would potentially fix all this, but I guess I'll settle for Cynthia or someone giving us the third. But tbqh it would be great if they made it like FRLG and have random trainers sometimes have starters. 95% of Pokémon seen are from trainers anyway soo...

Years
  • How about have May/Brendan give their starter's "offspring" once you reach Postgame like how Shauna did in XY? Or have Birch give you the starter weak to you postgame so you could have a chance of "seeing" all of the Hoenn starters?
    The Hoenn rival also gives up like Shauna did (she never battles us after the battle at the bridge)...so maybe. Though I would hope that they do something with the left over starter. Hmm...if the latter then it'll be best for me to pick Treecko, if it's the former than Mudkip (so that I'll get both Mudkip and Treecko).

Years
  • One of the coolest things in Pokemon games is having a rival grow up with you. As your Pokemon become stronger, your rival follows suit, never faltering. Barry was done really well in this respect; he fought you to the bitter end, and his Pokemon were definitely of respectable level when fighting him the last time. Some games have a rival like this, others lack it. Would like to see the rival in ORAS portray that type of passionate, eccentric personality.

Salzorrah

Years
  • I kinda hate how May/Brendan gives up matching up to you after your encounter in Lilycove. It kinda makes Wally your true rival and it is kinda scumbaggish for them to NOT evolve their starter to its final form in RSE. :<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back