• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Petition to get Game Freak to hire Dave, y/y?

Bike races would certainly be interesting, though I'm not sure where they could happen except for on Cycling Road (which would make for a short race) or in a new location. They also seem like they'd be pretty uneventful unless there were obstacles, or if you could use your Pokemon to help create obstacles with their attacks. (Obviously, you can't have the Pokemon attack other people unless there were something that guaranteed their safety.)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Bike races would definitely be something I'd like to see. As for where they could host them, maybe in some plain, smooth area that doesn't make you bump into things often? Cycling Road could work, but it'd be nice if there were also one other place.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Bike races would definitely be something I'd like to see. As for where they could host them, maybe in some plain, smooth area that doesn't make you bump into things often? Cycling Road could work, but it'd be nice if there were also one other place.
    Maybe one of the contest halls could be remodeled into an indoor biking arena or sorts. If one picks the Mach Bike they'll need to learn to control their movements, while the Arch bike will be easier to control but slower. If they add in only event bikes one could possibly handle certain obstacles better than the others.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Mach Bike helps you go real fast in races, but is kind of hard to control and can't dive into shortcuts. Acro Bike being slower but can jump around, do tricks, cut corners and can guarantee that you won't hit a rock. Sounds really interesting. Added to that, there's diagonal movement which could give lesser steering freedom to Mach Bike, and Acro Bike can make sharp and small turns with ease.
    But Mach Bike's speed negates all this.

Great concept for races, and doesn't have to be that Pokémon-dependent to be eventful. Besides, Game Freak really could add more and more side features to undermine straightforward battle-win-and-fin type of game play.

Years
    Mach Bike helps you go real fast in races, but is kind of hard to control and can't dive into shortcuts. Acro Bike being slower but can jump around, do tricks, cut corners and can guarantee that you won't hit a rock. Sounds really interesting. Added to that, there's diagonal movement which could give lesser steering freedom to Mach Bike, and Acro Bike can make sharp and small turns with ease.
    But Mach Bike's speed negates all this.

Great concept for races, and doesn't have to be that Pokémon-dependent to be eventful. Besides, Game Freak really could add more and more side features to undermine straightforward battle-win-and-fin type of game play.

Maybe they could make a building where the Game corner used to be for it. It could be ORAS version of FRLG's Tower, and HGSS' Pokethalon. I sure hope Hoenn or a new area available in these games get's that kind of new place not seen in the originals nor in other games.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Maybe they could make a building where the Game corner used to be for it. It could be ORAS version of FRLG's Tower, and HGSS' Pokethalon. I sure hope Hoenn or a new area available in these games get's that kind of new place not seen in the originals nor in other games.

Haha, yeah. FRLG got this Sevii Islands which, though were a bit based on Orange Islands, were really fresh to see, and didn't take the light off Kanto with it's fresh storyline. Added to that, it was an awesome postgame story thing as well. If we do get some large new area, I'm hoping it would be much more eventful than most towns and cities. eg- Oldale Town doesn't offer anything special, and is completely redundant other than for the early blockade, first Pokémon Center and Mart, and a free Potion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Maybe one of the contest halls could be remodeled into an indoor biking arena or sorts. If one picks the Mach Bike they'll need to learn to control their movements, while the Arch bike will be easier to control but slower. If they add in only event bikes one could possibly handle certain obstacles better than the others.

For Acro Bikes, perhaps they could have some specialized area where you could do additional stunts and tricks, filled with skateboarding-ramp and whatnot?

Years
    An area made for stunt performing on the Acro Bike sounds like it'd be a lot of fun! Sort of reminds me of how XY had that skate park, except it was sort of hard to perform tricks with your rollerskates :< (Well, at least I had trouble doing so.) Also, I wonder if it'd be possible for the Acro Bike to gain more tricks, like maybe doing a 360 wheelie or something. Now that we have a circle pad and glorious 3D, it does seem possible.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Sort of reminds me of how XY had that skate park, except it was sort of hard to perform tricks with your rollerskates :< (Well, at least I had trouble doing so.)

You are not alone my friend. I know I didn't have to do anything special to perform skate tricks, but at every opportunity nothing happened and I was so disappointed haha.

I'm also hoping you'll be able to collect different tricks on the Acro. It's like that neat little way they can add like 0.2% more content and just make using the Acro bike more fun in general. Imagine one of those rails and doing a little 180 while sliding down. :') Thoughts like that make me happy eeeee.

Years
    Isn't the area below Cycling Road covered by sea? If that's the case, I'm not really sure if it'd be possible to add anything.
    There is a tiny island nearby it. They could make it far larger. Also they could make the area around New Mauville larger enabling it to connect to there. Of course, as I said before the map doesn't show much indication of any of that being the case. So chances are it won't happen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There is a tiny island nearby it. They could make it far larger. Also they could make the area around New Mauville larger enabling it to connect to there. Of course, as I said before the map doesn't show much indication of any of that being the case. So chances are it won't happen.

Those are both good ideas. Plus, since this is a remake, not many people will be complain about all these games. Personally, I'd love to see this kind of thing happen; whenever you're bored and have nothing better to do, you could always come here to kill some time. Perhaps, there could be some people in the park; by performing tricks and impressing, maybe you could gain items from them, such as Heart Scale, Leftovers, Choice Scarf, and maybe even Rare Candy? It would all depend on how much of an impression you wind up making.

Of course, none of this might actually happen, but it's still fun to speculate!

Years
    Those are both good ideas. Plus, since this is a remake, not many people will be complain about all these games. Personally, I'd love to see this kind of thing happen; whenever you're bored and have nothing better to do, you could always come here to kill some time. Perhaps, there could be some people in the park; by performing tricks and impressing, maybe you could gain items from them, such as Heart Scale, Leftovers, Choice Scarf, and maybe even Rare Candy? It would all depend on how much of an impression you wind up making.

Of course, none of this might actually happen, but it's still fun to speculate!
    Speaking of impression. Perhaps they could have fans at the contests give us gifts depending on how well we do. I remember in B2W2 people would give us somewhat rare or nice, helpful items at Pokestudios (where you see the movie) depending on how they thought the movie was. Also in both the prequels and those two for the Musicals people would give us dressing items for our awesome performances. It felt good to be honored. Since XY didn't really have something like that we didn't get to see it in action again. However, I hope they bring it back for the Hoenn style contests in these games :3

Years
    I want to see so many things happen for Pokemon Contests in ORAS that I'm guaranteed to be disappointed, haha. If I were in charge of developing, I'd just instruct everyone to watch the Hoenn season of the anime and base the contests in-game on how they were portrayed in the show, because they were perfect. In-game contests were a total bummer compared to them :[

Last edited:
    Years
    When I started reading about fans giving you gifts, the first thing that came to mind was how you received props from fans after completing Musicals in BW/BW2 XD Would much rather have fans give you items, as they'd be more useful. (Plus, the return of accessories/props would likely mean dressing up for contests, something that confused the heck out of me in Gen. IV.)

@Pepperton: Agreed; I loved how contests worked in the Advanced portion of the anime and wished the in-game contests were exactly the same.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I want Contests that are like the Anime. Have the first round be the show-off round, then followed by a battle round that has a different mechanic? Add another HP-esque bar that damages when using a bad contest move and heals when using the same contest move? You lose if you get fainted or the Contest bar gets depleted?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Anime-style contests would be pretty sweet, actually. Though, if they do wish to incorporate it, I'd personally like them to take out the battling aspect; to me, it doesn't exactly seem to fit.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back