• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    The appeal part to the anime contests were so awesome to watch, and I'm sure it wouldn't be too complicated to develop in-game. I think improving the contests like that would be very well received. Battles might not even need to be included for it to be a success. I'm one of those players who did every contest, so I definitely love the whole concept d:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm keeping my expectations low and just hoping that they'll make the combos look different than the moves. I guess sort of like the end of the combo's in the anime but not nearly as pretty...It would be awesome if they were though.

blue

gucci
    Years
    They should leave the contests how they were, with a few additional improvements ofc. The Contests were my favourite minigame of any of the Pokémon games tbh.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If they do want to make any changes to them, it'd be nice if they turned the process faster. To achieve this, one thing they could possibly try is giving us an option to skip the view opponents' rounds and jump straight into ours.

Years
    If they do want to make any changes to them, it'd be nice if they turned the process faster. To achieve this, one thing they could possibly try is giving us an option to skip the view opponents' rounds and jump straight into ours.

This is a great idea. If there was anything wrong with Pokemon Contests in RSE besides not being the same as the anime, it was this annoying quirk. Take it out, and I'm sure lots of people that barely touched the mini-game originally will have a change of heart in ORAS, and at least get a few ribbons.

Years
    Agreed @ being allowed to skip through your opponents' appeals. I remember trying to do contests late at night and ended up falling asleep because it took so long to get to my turn or reach the next round XD I'd also sort of like the first round to have a bit more than RSE's method of showing your Pokemon and getting hearts based on its condition + how well said condition fits the category it's being judged in. However, I dunno what else they could add. As I stated before (I think), I don't really want DPPt's visual competition to make a return.

Years
    Agreed @ being allowed to skip through your opponents' appeals. I remember trying to do contests late at night and ended up falling asleep because it took so long to get to my turn or reach the next round XD I'd also sort of like the first round to have a bit more than RSE's method of showing your Pokemon and getting hearts based on its condition + how well said condition fits the category it's being judged in. However, I dunno what else they could add. As I stated before (I think), I don't really want DPPt's visual competition to make a return.
    Or maybe they can have the screen split into three and have all the perfomances happen at once. Or make them go faster. Skipping sounds nice though for those late nights...

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Well the main problem of Contests is that it's a visual appeal for the judges, some kind of 'looks good' type of thing, so strength rarely has a role to play. And we have to fight against AI in the contests, which are limited and don't have that set freedom. So it's either an anime adaptation of contests, or we'll need to have Contests with friends.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Tbh contests in RSE were a tad bit harder than expected haha. It usually gets harder by Hyper Rank if you havent used any Pokeblocks. :/ Although I see GF bringing back that same system in a more dynamic way, I hope they do incorporate some battle aspect to it like the anime does.

Years
    Tbh contests in RSE were a tad bit harder than expected haha. It usually gets harder by Hyper Rank if you havent used any Pokeblocks. :/ Although I see GF bringing back that same system in a more dynamic way, I hope they do incorporate some battle aspect to it like the anime does.
    GF may not chance much for Nostalgia sake...sure they've changed some thing like Shelly and Tabitha and added Megas to the story but I still think they will stick the rule of keeping it as close to the originals as they can while the Megas and new appearances already take care of the "making it feel fresh", then both things they talked about in HgSs are there.

Years
    Keeping the games similar to RSE for nostalgic purposes is important, but of course there are various features that could be improved upon to match up with the current generation. I think Game Freak won't change anything drastically, but they will try to bring some parts of the game up to speed, in terms of efficiency, accessibility and other qualities that are more commonly found in recent Pokemon games.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    Seeing as they introduced the helpful Pokelathon feature HG/SS despite not appearing in the original, I'm sure they could change some of the features in contests to increase its replay value.

Speaking of Pokeblocks, any idea that they will bring back Feebass' old evolution method for the remake?

Years
    I can see them bringing back Feebas's old evolution; however, I hope that if they do, they make it easier to acquire. Personally, I'd like to see a shop that sells pre-made Pokeblocks. It'd be like in Platinum, which had that basement shop in Veilstone Dept. Store that sold pre-made Poffins. Said Poffins could max out up to two categories (if the Pokemon is fed the same Poffin), making it easier for Milotic to be obtained. Feebas is already pretty hard to obtain (unless you were lucky to get one in an older game and can transfer it, or received one off Wonder Trade), so it'd be nice if they didn't make getting Milotic as difficult, either x_x

Years
    I can see them bringing back Feebas's old evolution; however, I hope that if they do, they make it easier to acquire. Personally, I'd like to see a shop that sells pre-made Pokeblocks. It'd be like in Platinum, which had that basement shop in Veilstone Dept. Store that sold pre-made Poffins. Said Poffins could max out up to two categories (if the Pokemon is fed the same Poffin), making it easier for Milotic to be obtained. Feebas is already pretty hard to obtain (unless you were lucky to get one in an older game and can transfer it, or received one off Wonder Trade), so it'd be nice if they didn't make getting Milotic as difficult, either x_x

I think that if they sell any Pokéblocks they'll be medium level, or really expensive. Especially if they can max out two contest stats.

Years
    I think that if they sell any Pokéblocks they'll be medium level, or really expensive. Especially if they can max out two contest stats.

The Poffins sold for ¥6400 each, which is pretty expensive as far as non-TMs go. If they did this with Pokeblocks I can imagine them being just as expensive, if not more so.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Pokeblocks are smaller and I think a simpler version of Poffins as far as what they do (similar uses, yes, but the contest systems were different iirc?) so I doubt they could be sold for as much.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Personally, I'd like them not to sell us Pokéblocks. They could give us the option if they choose, but it'd be better if there were none, and people were required to collect berries and prepare these things themselves, because it's more fun that way.

Years
    I wasn't too fond of making Pokeblocks because I was almost away doing it with the NPCs, who weren't always good at it. Most my classmates weren't into Pokemon anymore, plus I lacked a link cable and never carried that wireless thing with me, so it was hard finding people to make Pokeblocks with. I'm glad we have Wi-Fi connection in-game now, because it likely means we'll get to make Pokeblocks with friends over Wi-Fi. They may even have a feature that lets us do it with random people; although that may produce negative results, I find it more fun doing it with other people than by yourself.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
    For some odd reason, I want the Pokéblocks and Contests, to be held in a sort of similiar manner than the Super Trainer/Pokémon Amìe. That would be cool. And if you could get Poffins, as a reward, that'd be cool.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back