• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
Years
  • I doubt Game Freak cares that much about the timeline. It's also getting a bit ridiculous to transfer from Gen 3 games all the way up to Gen 6. Besides, people have been wanting a remake of Ruby/Sapphire for years; Game Freak is a company, so their first and foremost interest is making money. They know that people really want a R/S remake, so they'll make it because they know it'll sell well and they'll be rolling in money.

Also, can someone post the link to this video suppossedly confirming these remakes? I'm too lazy to search for it myself.

Here you go
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ywGSON9tNq0

Reactions: Nah

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I just saw a video for it and came here to make thread. We'll be getting mega Latias and Latios for sure, they should include the battle frontier like in emerald but also maybe a side group of islands like FR/LG did. I can't think of much else I'd like to be added.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Yes, but those Hoenn fans have forgotten that the original Gen 3 games are still compactible to transfer, meaning that there's no point in Hoenn remakes in the first place unless Game Freak purposely made XY incompactible to transfer Pokemon from previous gen games, which didn't happen. Not to mention remakes are suppose to take place in the same timeline as the current gen games at the time, but Gen VI is set years after the events of Gens I and III.

X and Y are not directly compatible with Gen III. To get a Pokemon from Gen III to Gen VI is a pain in the ass. You need to find a Gen IV game and either DS Phat or DS Lite, then Pal Park it. Then, you need to find a second DS (or 3DS) with a Gen V game and Poke Transfer it. Then, you need a 3DS with Pokemon Transporter on it to move it to the Bank, and then finally to X and Y from there.

That's quite a few steps and, at least for Gen III - Gen IV, requires hardware that many people simply don't have anymore (or at least, functioning). Plus, if you're like me, I restart my games a lot and rarely have completed saves. So, if I wanted to do this, I'd have to play through potentially several games just to do the transfers.

And that's just for one Pokemon. Can you imagine if you had a PC-full?

I had a Living Pokedex on my Pearl version, so that already started on Gen IV. To transfer the 490-some Pokemon all the way to Pokemon Bank took several hours.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Am I the only one that keeps replaying the video? lol And I love the fact that it's a WW release like X&Y!!

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and Treecko was my very first Pokemon so, I know which my starter is {:3} !!!

*Screams*

OMG twinss!!!

Finally and I like this trend of an annual release

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • GUYS, GUYS, IF THE CONTEST RETURNS, IMAGINE THOSE MOVES IN 3D.
    My wishlist:
    -Secret Base
    -Contest

I spent so much time on contest, I'm ready to see those beautiful moves and win my ribbons ;_;

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Really weird how they described it as a 'new' world... it'll still be in Hoenn right?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    People didn't want Hoenn remakes for the ability to get transferrals. They want it to see Hoenn updated in glorious 3D with new features added in on top of it. Seeing Hoenn with a day/night cycle. Seeing contests played out in 3D. The works.

and really transfering unobtainable pokemon has always been weak reasoning for remakes. They were hardly the only reason we got remakes. Some people actually like seeing older games given a new lease of life.

Something that gives us that can hardly be called a cop out. Especially if these turn out to be sequels rather than copy paste remakes.

Years
  • Wouldn't #2 be listed under Cons due to how iconic May is to the fans?

I agree, May fans would be fuming if she was replaced. Sorta like how many Kris fans hated Lyra as the new female protagonist in HG/SS. I can't wait to see gameplay footage or any information in coming days, weeks and maybe months too.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    GUYS, GUYS, IF THE CONTEST RETURNS, IMAGINE THOSE MOVES IN 3D.
    My wishlist:
    -Secret Base
    -Contest

I spent so much time on contest, I'm ready to see those beautiful moves and win my ribbons ;_;

I seriously hope they go all out with Trick House. There are endless opportunities w/ the 3D

Years
  • I just saw a video for it and came here to make thread. We'll be getting mega Latias and Latios for sure, they should include the battle frontier like in emerald but also maybe a side group of islands like FR/LG did. I can't think of much else I'd like to be added.

Not sure about mega Latios and Latias in the Hoenn remakes as mega evolutions are unique to Kalos, that is unless the story is set sometime after the story in X and Y and mega rings etc are now around in Hoenn

Years
  • X and Y are not directly compatible with Gen III. To get a Pokemon from Gen III to Gen VI is a pain in the ass. You need to find a Gen IV game and either DS Phat or DS Lite, then Pal Park it. Then, you need to find a second DS (or 3DS) with a Gen V game and Poke Transfer it. Then, you need a 3DS with Pokemon Transporter on it to move it to the Bank, and then finally to X and Y from there.

That's quite a few steps and, at least for Gen III - Gen IV, requires hardware that many people simply don't have anymore (or at least, functioning). Plus, if you're like me, I restart my games a lot and rarely have completed saves. So, if I wanted to do this, I'd have to play through potentially several games just to do the transfers.

To add on to this, even if someone went out and paid what will likely be stupidly high prices for the necessary games/systems, they may or may not even work. On top of that, Nintendo/Game Freak wouldn't be getting the money for them. So while these remakes aren't entirely 'necessary', it not only makes things easier as far as transferring goes, but it also means the money for it actually goes where it should.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Not sure about mega Latios and Latias in the Hoenn remakes as mega evolutions are unique to Kalos, that is unless the story is set sometime after the story in X and Y and mega rings etc are now around in Hoenn

I think mega evolutions will be the new 'old gen pokemon gets a new evolution' (i.e. Onyx -> Steelix)

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Not sure about mega Latios and Latias in the Hoenn remakes as mega evolutions are unique to Kalos, that is unless the story is set sometime after the story in X and Y and mega rings etc are now around in Hoenn

I don't think they will exclude Mega Evolution in the new games, as that is quite the biggest thing of Generation 6.

Years
  • - REALLY hoping for the return of the game corner and secret bases (no secret power please, but I guess I won't mind since TMs are now of unlimited use)

They probably won't bring the Game Corner back due to anti-gambling laws in Europe, which is the reason why it was heavily changed in non-Japanese versions of HG/SS and removed entirely starting from 5th Gen, so don't get your hopes up there.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think these remakes are completely unnecessary. Only the first two generations required remakes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back