• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
Years
  • "A whole new world." It sounds like they might be doing a sequel type of game like Black and White 2. Even if it isn't, I'd just be happy to play Sapphire again.

I just hope they keep the gym leaders and the region areas, secret bases, underwater diving and contests. That's all I want from this game!! Imagine how cool May will look! <33333

I really am worried they'll change something that will ruin the game D: But I have to have my hopes in them...

BUT I AM WAY TOO EXCITED GUYS. LITERALLY I CAN'T STOP EXPLODING AND FANGIRLING. AAHHHHHHHH!!

GIVE US MORE INFORMATION PLS

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Wow. That definitely made my day. Pretty hyped, though I wonder if it's still not in full 3D according to what it says at the bottom of the video. Also, the 3D mode in battle should better not lag. :I
    STILL, IT'S HOENN assdgsfbsfgdfgbxvxcvfxdsfbxvc. And the music. Route 111 theme, heavy rain theme. Remastered.
    :]]]]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    The names. They're fitting - the games are about deities which supposedly created Hoenn, and the main plot is about accidentally setting said deities free to destroy Hoenn. However, I'm not a fan of the decision to make it Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, instead of Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire. Everyone always says Ruby and Sapphire, and Alpha and Omega - reversing the order for the titles seems like a weird move.

I'm interested in the storyline changes. HGSS brought many of Crystal's changes, so it's very possible that ORAS will feature both Team Magma and Team Aqua as villains throughout the adventure.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Sequels would be awesome, rather than actual remakes. I have a feeling that if GF did do sequels trainer customisation will be in the games as I don't see why not.

3D diving sounds amazing!

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Alpha Ruby and Omega Sapphire!

So gamefreak have announced the generation 3 remakes!
    If you havent seen the video yet, it's on the pokemon youtube channel.

While the video does not provide us with much information,we do learn that they are coming out reasonably soon ib november 2014.

So what do you think of these new games?
    Do you think that they are coming out too soon?
    Do you think that maga latis will come out?

Personaly i would like to see the mega latis in game, and the whole ideo of hoenn in 3d sounds amazing!

Also they said something along the lines of: an ecitingNEW adventure.
    What do you think that will mean?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    At last they're confirmed! :D :D :D

If Game Freak extends the Hoenn dex and makes Mega Evolutions for Sceptile, Swampert, and Sableye, I'll buy one of these games for sure! Or maybe both, like I did with X and Y.

Taiji Dragon

Serebii has this in their news posts, so this is happening. I was actually expecting it like many, but we never knew if it was to become a real thing until now. I'll go with Omega Ruby since I got X and it's blue so I want to match it with red. I hope they make the third game green. I guess we will also recieve mega latios and mega latias either as events or in game or even both. You get one in the story line hopefully with a mega stone and then they lunch an event with the opposite one with a mega stone. Not sure what to expect. Will there be new megas? I wonder... Hoopa event will most likely happen during this game.

It's coming to november. I guess the games are ready or almost at near completion.

Groudon and Kyogre look different. Is this for box art purposes only? Are they gonna get redisgn? Or are these mega evolutions? If it's the last well they look like they have an upgrade but they don't look that different either they just have additional markings on their bodies and their markings turn their own color instead of the opposite pokemon's color. But I'm cool with it. I wonder how Rayquaza will look like if these two get redisgned or get megas. Or maybe these are new formes? What I notice is that they also have yellow markings like Rayquaza's. Is it involved in this?

For those of you who complain about unecessary remakes some of us are actually happy to see these ramkes happen and for having the opportunity to replay the game with better graphics and updates instead of seeing the story get lost in the sands of time. The fact that R/S/E are compatible with gen 4 does not invalidate that remakes can be done. It's enjoyable for some. If the reader does not agree then stick with your R/S/E cartridges and play or keep your memories. You are not forced to buy them either. Right now R/S/E cartridges are not being released. People who are unfamiliar to gen 3 have the opportunity to experience Hoenn with these remakes.

I wonder if they will continue to make remakes? Will there be a Diamond and Pearl remake? If so I would be cool with it. But I rather see a new version with Arceus as the mascot since he is the center of the creation trio. Balck and White 3? I would only buy it if the original dragon is included in game. We were so caught up with this original dragon and ended up with two alternate and incomplete formes of it.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Am I the only one that keeps replaying the video? lol And I love the fact that it's a WW release like X&Y!!

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and Treecko was my very first Pokemon so, I know which my starter is {:3} !!!

*Screams*

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

TOTALLY CALLED IT. :D

To be fair though, if it plays or feels anything like X/Y (which it most likely will), it'll probably still suck. ):

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • A few of my Skype friends are going to be ticked off about this news due to how annoyed they were about fans clamouring for Hoenn remakes for years now. Regardless, these remakes are completely unnecessary, because it makes little sense to transfer your Pokemon from your original R/S/E copy to its remake, after transferring them to your D/P/Pt copy then to your B/W/B2/W2 copy and finally to your XY copies via PokeTransfer/Poke Bank. Remakes should only be necessary if previous gen games are unable to transfer Pokemon to your XY copies, much like how you couldn't transfer your Pokemon from your G/S/C copies to the original R/S/E copies.

So what do you guys want in these new games and how do you feel about them? Also do you guys think Gamefreak is finally gonna stop making every new game they release easier than the last one? They have been doing that since gen V, they really oughta stop doing that imo.

The reason it's easier for you is because you've been playing Pokemon games for years, not to mention the new moves introduced to make Pokemon movepools more diverse, as well as the new physical/special split. It's moments like these is how I wish Game Freak shouldn't let fans dictate how they should make Pokemon games for their own needs, including unnecessary remakes.

Youji

Game Designer
    Years
  • Well I'm kinda thrilled :D
    Ruby and Sapphire were a great generation. Eventhough many people didn't like it that much, it brang us lots of new cool Pokémon and the story was also very nice. I especially love the locations and Flannery was always one of my favourite GYM Leaders :D

I really want to have more information and some footage because I want to see how they turn Hoenn (or a new Region??) to full 3D. What I'm also curious about is what they will change and add and and and... :D

According to the box art, you see that the symbols/lines on Groudon and Kyogre are not the one we know. They're similar but different if you look close. So maybe a mega evolution but it really doesn't look like it somehow.. therefore they still look to 'normal' in a way.

Well anyways they will get me with Omega Ruby!! :D

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Oh wow I'm buzzing right now! Hoenn is my favourite region. Seeing it in 3D and with a day/night cycle. Just amazing!

I originally got Sapphire but lost it and ended up with Ruby, I'll likely be getting Alpha Sapphire. (and I'll be picking Torchic like I did in my original run of Sapphire)

I'm happy it'll be a new adventure though, it'll be a mix of nostalgia and new.

Troock

Whatever Forever
    Years
  • The Groudon and Kyogre on the box-art don't look like mega-evolutions to me. Their art is just a bit more fancy, but I think Groudon and Kyogre megas would look a bit more different from their regular forms, instead of just adding some lights. Definitely not ruling out the possibility of the two legendaries getting mega-evolutions in the new games though.

@Sagiri What I meant is that they probably don't have enough gameplay to make a decent gameplay teaser/trailer showing different stuff of the game. I didn't mean they didn't have enough gameplay to fill a video, just probably not the specific parts of the gameplay they'd like to show in it. And I completely agree with you on the hype part, of course they're definitely also just creating a hype... and it worked!

@Pinkie-Dawn I think remakes are particularly enjoyable because old fans can see their beloved old games with new graphics and slightly altered(/imroved?) storylines, and for new fans that haven't played gen III it's just a new pokémon game. Nintendo of course just keeps releasing remakes because the fans like them and they're probably easier to make than entirely new games. Sequels could definitely replace remakes though.

I don't think X&Y for example was easier for me, just because I played the previous games. Changes like the exp. share still giving the battling pokémon 100% of the exp, but the rest of the pokémon 50% and how non-evolved pokémon now get more exp really just make the games easier I think.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Um, guys, the original Hoenn games are still compactible to XY via long transfers to Gen IV games to Gen V games, which means we should be outraged for these cop-out remakes as completely unnecessary additions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back