• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
Years
  • Maybe the terms "new" adventure are used because there might be some alterations to the original RS (not E) storyline. While the content might be similar, there might be some changes... Maybe how Team Magma/Aqua operates? Or more involvement from your rival?

"New" world - maybe because of the advancement in graphics?
    I doubt it'll be a sequel, or a new region. They COULD add the Sevii Islands in ORAS (spectacular new world?)... But a new region? Just don't think it'll happen... But we will see.

Tek

Years
  • I wasn't sure if it would happen or not. I'm glad it is. I always said "I will buy a 2/3DS eventually"... "eventually" has been changed to "before November."

Sorry Kalos, but you'll have to wait. Hoenn is calling me.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • Am I the only one who thinks these are no remakes?

It would be incredibly lazy of Gamefreak to just make remakes after two of them, and after they introduced Mega Evolutions. I'm pretty sure Groudon and Kyogre will get Megas, and Lati@s Megas are for those games instead of being events.

Make no mistake, these are new adventures. Which is what I always expected to happen if Gamefreak decided to revisit Hoenn (I was always a doubter). Not remakes, completely new games.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • From the ONM:
    There's a reason for this biblical tone, readers - the Pokemon Company has announced that the much-requested remakes of their GBA games will be arriving in November under the names Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Unless the ONM isn't "official"...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    From the ONM:
    There's a reason for this biblical tone, readers - the Pokemon Company has announced that the much-requested remakes of their GBA games will be arriving in November under the names Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

I'm gonna go on a limb here and bet that whoever wrote that probably isn't being nearly as pedantic as we are about the term 'remake'—could still mean anything, really, imo. :p

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They're really keeping quiet about this one right now aren't they, then again this did just come out of the left field and it has only been a few hours. I'm pretty sure that either CoroCoro or Pokemon Smash will deliver further news on this, either that or Nintendo will host a Pokemon Direct with more details in the next week or so! We've also got E3 to look forward too which I have no doubt that they will be showcasing the games there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    They're really keeping quiet about this one right now aren't they, then again this did just come out of the left field and it has only been a few hours. I'm pretty sure that either CoroCoro or Pokemon Smash will deliver further news on this, either that or Nintendo will host a Pokemon Direct with more details in the next week or so! We've also got E3 to look forward too which I have no doubt that they will be showcasing the games there.

If you think about it it kinda makes sense; these surprise reveals usually happen around Spring time, and then we start getting peppered with details and footage as we move towards the summer. At least that's how they've been doing it lately.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If you think about it it kinda makes sense; these surprise reveals usually happen around Spring time, and then we start getting peppered with details and footage as we move towards the summer. At least that's how they've been doing it lately.

True. They announced HGSS in May 2009 which went on to be released 4 months later in September but only in Japan, this time it's 6 months being November but worldwide. I'm so happy that they've maintained the simultaneous global release date, it means no early spoilers and what not! I just hope that the games don't surface a week or so prior to the release like Pokemon X and Y was, that just kinda spoiled a little too much too soon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I think there will be a Mega Swampert and Mega Sceptile because Blaziken already got one :3

And Charizard has 2 Mega Stones while Venusaur and Blastoise only have 1. Just because they are all starters doesn't mean they'll all get Mega Evolutions. Only 4 of the 18 have Mega Evolutions and it may stay that way for a while.

From the ONM:

Only "Official" sources are Pokemon.com and Gamefreak/TPC themselves. Unless the word is from one of those sources, its not an official source.

They are officially stating: "Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favourite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."

Dissecting it a bit:

A Fresh take on Ruby and Sapphire. A "Fresh Take". Its not the same story. So from beginning until the climax they are saying the story is itself is new and different from what Ruby and Sapphire was. Amount of differences remain to be seen, but the theorized "Sequel" to the new rumor about it being a completely new game seem supported by this small phrase.

"The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."

A Key part of this paragraph. The highlight is at the end, spectacular new world. They did not refer to Johto or Kanto as new worlds when those were remade. This is a pretty good hint if any that there is a chance we may not even be in Hoenn.

We could be in a new region, with a Hoenn like story. So the Aqua/Magma rivalry could be going on, with a new focus on the new forms for Kyogre and Groudon. Perhaps another region where they rest after their fights. While the games share the old titles, they don't have to be of Hoenn. We'd definitely need confirmation that we're in Hoenn for the new games since they aren't being treated as remakes by the company from what's being said so far. We could be in the mysterious 7th Region that was blatantly hinted to us by Gamefreak through use of an Easter Egg. While there were direct information about Hoenn and its events in X and Y, there was one NPC that said he was from another region that was soon to be revealed to us. Now we have two new games that may or may not be remakes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I'd still take the marketing pitches with a few pinches of salt. Whatever "brand new" synonyms they might use, I wouldn't bet on that actually meaning it's a completely different story or environment.

It's one of two things—they're either appealing to the younger audiences who've never had a chance to play R/S/E in the first place, or it's a huge reference to older audiences. I'm betting on the former at the moment.

Edit: I also think that taking those claims to the extreme and speculating that this game will not take place in Hoenn is completely ridiculous. I'm absolutely positive this will be a Hoenn game. They might include some other region, who knows; but Hoenn is very likely to still be at the core here.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm finding it difficult to decide whether these games take place in Hoenn or in a completely new region as mentioned above, not aided by the fact that we know so little about these games. Part of me believes that these are either direct remakes or sequels taking place in Hoenn due to the fact that they have similar names to past remakes, including the names Ruby and Sapphire. Then there's also the chance that these games do infact take place in a new region but with the storyline, characters etc from Hoenn incorporated into it as Khrysta stated. Either way I am hoping they do take place in Hoenn, after all it would be pretty awesome to revisit Hoenn in 3D.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    On the topic of possibly not being in Hoenn for the remakes, I'm not sure that they'd finally give us "Hoenn remakes", and then place both games in an entirely different setting. When they said "new world" I took as it one different from the original, as in upgrades, or some map changes, or a bigger map somehow. Also Hoenn was connect to the Sevii islands, so maybe those have changed, or have been replaced with something new. Maybe Hoenn will have expanded. That's my guess, anyway.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • This is a great thing, and for two reasons - one good and one evil -

Good: I'm going to genuinely enjoy these games. I like Hoenn - both the region and the dex - and I look forward to seeing the region in 3D and using the dex with the new mechanics.

Evil: I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment out of the ineffectual rage of the Hoenn haters, as GF completely ignores their tedious and incessant whining and crying and complaining and puts out the games other people want anyway.

Hold on a second, didn't you mentioned last time that what kept GF from making Hoenn remakes is due to the GBA games still being compatible to the newer games in terms of transfer, which is still working today? Now I'm seeing you praising the announcement of Hoenn remakes despite XY still capable of receiving Pokemon transferred from past gen games?

Everyone must also remember how half of the region is covered in water with nothing important to explore, and let's not forget the horrendus type diversity was in Hoenn's dex, which gave gym leaders and Elite Four members poor rosters by using 2-3 Pokemon from the same family line (Glacia being the worst example). Knowing past remakes, they'll keep it that way until post-game, which I despise, because I want more Pokemon added into the Hoenn dex and have better rosters right from the get-go, so what's the point for me being excited about these remakes if these problems from the original weren't fixed like the previous two remakes before it?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If these games are taking place in Hoenn, then like past remakes we could get to explore those unidentified Islands at the southern end of the Region perhaps?

hoennkd5.jpg

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • If these games are taking place in Hoenn, then like past remakes we could get to explore those unidentified Islands at the southern end of the Region perhaps?

hoennkd5.jpg

Perhaps Ever Grande City can be expanded too?
    After BW(2)/XY, I'm really hoping for Victory Road to include outdoor elements, while maintaining that ultra difficulty. (to me, Hoenn's victory road was pure crazy)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back