• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ORAS OU Team Building Competition (Go vote!)

Anti

return of the king
Years
please vote if you haven't yet - will try to get the winner declared tonight, so i'll be closing the voting later on today

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
if i may vote, i'm voting for jake. i like how he swayed towards a more defensive style--which is how i would personally utilize jirachi and mega altaria given their amazing synergy.

Tallies of the votes so far (including mine):

Exile - 3 votes
AmourPearlShipper, Jake♫ - 2 votes
Zekrom, , Yoshikko - 1 vote

Additionally, out of 8 participants, only 6 have cast their vote so far.

Anti

return of the king
Years
sorry for the delay, i can't seem to locate d_a or sweep or line up online times! next round we'll probably just do away with the panel, which has been rather cumbersome if i'm being honest, and just hold a vote, but for now i still gotta run into them haha. if i still can't in a day or two, i'll just call it based on the voting totals.

which i guess means i should cast my vote, which would be exile if put at gunpoint though i felt like there were plenty of solid ones.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Well we (just D_A and myself, sorry Sweep where art thou) decided on a winner. Even after narrowing it somewhat it was a bit tricky but ultimately we decided that...

JAKE TAKES THE CAKE

grats br0

The panel is gone because it made everything take forever so it'll just be votes next time, and with that, the next round's core is...
talonflame.gif
sableye-mega.gif

Years
here's my team:
talonflame.gif
sableye-mega.gif
gengar.gif
sylveon.gif
rotom-wash.gif
excadrill.gif

Spoiler:

Explanation
Spoiler:

Thanks <3 ~Joaquim

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
talonflame.gif
sableye-mega.gif
tentacruel.gif
bronzong.gif
gliscor.gif
kyurem-black.gif

Spoiler:

Talonflame and Mega Sableye form a great duo, both covering their weaknesses and Mega Sableye bouncing back SR, which is really detrimental to the Smogon bird.
Tentacruel is a reliable Rapid Spinner that also punishes CM sweepers, like Suicune and Keldeo.
Bronzong helps against Mega Gardy and Lati@s and sets up SR for the team.
Gliscor dispatches Heatran, Landorus-T and helps against Mega Metagross.
Kyurem-B is the revenge killer of the team and adds some offensive presence.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
So I went and threw a team together:

talonflame.gif
sableye-mega.gif
latest
Slowbro_XY.gif
645-therian.png
Conkeldurr_XY.gif

Spoiler: Importable

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Power Whip

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Poison Jab

Spoiler: Explanation

Team kinda ended up being a defensive one again. Decided to go with a Bulk-Up Talonflame so it can actually sponge some Fairy hits for Mega Sableye, and it's pretty good anyway. Not sure about Taunt though. Sableye's running the standard Mega set. Next put Ferrothorn onto the team to cover Talonflame's weaknesses and as a backup Fairy block. Put in Slowbro to complete the Fire-Water-Grass core. Lando-T to set up rocks and deal with Electric attacks since Slowbro and Talonflame hate those. Threw in Conkeldurr to check Dark types have an additional priority move and stuff. Wonder if I should swap out Poison Jab or Knock Off though.

Admittedly the team's a little Magnezone weak....

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
We'll be starting the voting on this Sunday, February 8th. That gives everyone a few more days to come up with a team. Gogogo!

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
yes i will enter this before the time is up. grats jake also!!!

srinator

036.gif
464.gif
530.gif
598.gif
talonflame.gif

Importable :
Spoiler:

Description:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Not trying to be an ass (which probs means im about to be) but there is quite alot of foe birdspam weak teams being posted. That and the defensive structure is questionable in regards to basically to every common boosting or powerful sweeper. I know oras sucks and whatnot but slow teams with bad defensive structures are a no go. Obviously this doesnt apply to all teams posted but its something to go over because it DOES influence who wins and who loses in this, so it would probably be advisable to take note of common threats a little better. But thats
kermit.png
none of my business. ;)

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
Years
yeah so uhhh maybe in the spirit of being a wee bit more constructive i'd say that adding serp because you're "spore bait" is super paranoid of breloom (u have mega sableye m8 lol) and while it helps with bro/cune i might consider other mons for that. since latios gets a kill every time it comes in (you have no steel or fairy) i would strongly consider azumarill or clefable or something to help with that. cm unaware clef over serp would be much more defensively sound, for example. though since you're an offense team, i also think azumarill is a decent idea and is much less of a tempo killer.

it's just rly difficult to build a solid defensive unit when you're running liabilities like staraptor serp and mamo so i'd bulk it up a bit esp since you dont have quite enough immediate power to make the tradeoff worth it

Detox

I wasn't really vibing well with Sableye (or the fact that this turned out to be a stall team, and a M-Sableye one at that), but I couldn't find a way to flip this into anything offensive. The closest I got was balance. So, if the team sucks, that's why. I haven't built a stall team since Flygon was actually a threat in OU. Well, I did what I could. Here's the squad.

rhyperior.png
slowbro.png
clefable.png
sableye-mega.png
talonflame.png
latios.png

Here's the importable.
Spoiler:

Here's the explanation.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

srinator

Yh get a room you two, anyway changed the team in my last post probably not as ass as before but oh well. Just mentioning, I would mark the changes in red but then the whole thing would be red. Hope I'm not too late for this.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
cry more

Spoiler:

ok

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Sorry for the delay. Everyone may now vote for the team that you think is the best. Simply post the username of your preferred winner, along with a reason why (optional). Also please read the criteria:

When voting, consider the criteria that the panel will be using: viability (is the team good?), creativity (does it stray from standard builds?), and synergy (is there evidence of thoughtful team building?).
Good luck!

Anti

return of the king
Years
Syndrome

team is all kinds of stall weak but they all kind of were so this gets my vote for being solid all-around. only real critique is half of the team is really easy to wear down or pressure but talon and sab themselves can struggle w/ that and seeing as that was the core, yolo. i felt like uniqueness was mostly a wash and this seemed to be the best team so it gets my vote. gj all

Back