• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ORAS OU Team Building Competition (Go vote!)

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
hmmmm i vote for srinator!!

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
i vote for king syn although i think yoshikko's team would be really nice with excadrill replaced

oh! with what would u say?? i couldn't really figure that slot out and i considered latias but was a bit stuck

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
I'm going to go ahead and vote for Yoshikko. His team has a really good core in Jirachi, Talonflame, Sableye and Clef. Could use better EV spreads, though. (I guess my implementation of Kyurem-B on semi-stall was really bad.)

Also, what about MMeta?

Years
oh! with what would u say?? i couldn't really figure that slot out and i considered latias but was a bit stuck

probably a water type like starmie to go along with that starm/talon/sab/clef framework; the team is kind of weak to keldeo. i'd also maybe limit it to one fire type but i think the team has potential

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
probably a water type like starmie to go along with that starm/talon/sab/clef framework; the team is kind of weak to keldeo. i'd also maybe limit it to one fire type but i think the team has potential

hm okay yeah that makes sense i will probably do starmie then (obvs can't change it now anymore but i do plan on using this so i'll work on it!) thanks!!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Hmm, I was planning to tally up the votes and decide the winner, but King Syn and Yoshikko are tied. I'll decide who wins tomorrow when I'm not so tired. Possibly with Dark Azelf since Anti is currently away.

edit: Ahh I need to decide on a core brb.

Last edited:
Years
I have seen very less teams built around m-garde and metagross.If you like you can set them as the next polls two pokemon.I am saying this because I have seen only 1/2 people with both on their teams(Lol.I might be wrong.But still)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm really sorry for holding this out for so long. It won't happen again. I'm going to give the win to King Syn's team for reasons stated before. Yoshikko's team has problems with Keldeo's Scald spam. Though, Mega Diancie tears into Syn's team really easily. It also gets free switch-ins from Latios. However, Keldeo is a more relevant threat and all teams should have a reliable way of dealing with it.

I have seen very less teams built around m-garde and metagross.If you like you can set them as the next polls two pokemon.I am saying this because I have seen only 1/2 people with both on their teams(Lol.I might be wrong.But still)
There were requests for a core that doesn't include a Mega. However, I might consider going with Mega Gardevoir and Metagross in the future.

THE NEXT CORE IS...

IXzEc79.gif
At0xloR.gif

DUAL GENIES. No Therian formes. Have fun pummeling your opponents to death, folks.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Hmmm this will be a struggle for me ill have to go more offensively than ive ever done.

4 walls and 2 genies sounds good to me.

kthnxwowbai

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
Suppose I'll post a team for this one....

IXzEc79.gif
At0xloR.gif
azumarill.gif
heatran.gif
latios.gif
lopunny-mega.gif

Spoiler: Importable+Terrible reasoning

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Usually when they're used by themselves the genies run a specially based set but when you run both on the same team it's kinda pointless to do that, so I made Thundurus a mixed attacker. While you lose Prankster it's still got pretty good speed and can lure in and destroy Chansey which is nice. Defiant's good when there's plenty of Intimidate and Defog in OU.

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Since both genies are Ice weak its kinda mandatory to run something that resists Ice, and Azumarill does that while also resisting other stuff (especially Water and Dragon) and bringing priority as well. Choice Band for greater power without needing to set up Belly Drum.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Heatran absorbs WoW and Toxic nicely and sets up much needed rocks for the team. Adds and additional Ice resist while also resisting Grass and Fairy 4x, and since half the team is Ground immune that's nice. Though despite that I'm thinking about whether or not I should give it a Balloon and/or do a more offensive rocks set.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind
- Psychic

Had Lando do it's usual CM role, which works nicely. The Sp.Def boost CM gives is nice, and Lando provides an Electric immunity to boot. Hard to choose between Psychic and Sludge Wave though....

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This thing is stupidly common but I needed a Defogger and couldn't really think of anything else that would fit since most of the other spinners/defoggers would just stack weaknesses, although Latios is Ice weak too. But at least there's the 3rd Ground immunity and it can lure in and destroy Scizor/Ferrothorn with HP Fire. Also completes a little Dragon/Fairy/Steel core with Azu+Tran.

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Usually at the end of team building I start running out of ideas but since there's no mandatory mega this time I can use whatever mega I want so I went with Mega Lopunny. I think it provides some offensive coverage I needed.....

Most of 'em run Healing Wish but I was like eh fuck that let's use Fake Out to safely mega evolve and get free damage whenever it switches in.

Last edited:

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
645.gif
642.gif
009-mega.gif
625.gif
380.gif
485.gif

Spoiler:

thundurus and landorus form an excellent attacking core: thundurus can stop late-game sweeps and clean-ups as well as 2hko chansey and ttar. lando has the ability to sweep offense teams at late-game. latias checks keldeo and provides healing wish support. m-blastoise is a rapid spinner that can easily threaten ferro and mega scizor and get superb coverage in three moves. tran sets up rocks and acts as a great stallbreaker. bisharp pressures defog and is the team's check to lati@s.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
lol i forgot about this

landorus.gif
thundurus.gif
282-mega.gif
bisharp.gif
latias.gif
heatran.gif

Spoiler:

i trieeeed to give a personal spin on this
also fk mega diancie

Last edited:

srinator

thundurus.gif
212.gif
184.gif
006-mega-x.gif
latias.gif

Importable
Spoiler:

Description
Spoiler:

changes in bold.
also sri i appreciate your tips but i will not replace gardevoir with weezing!! but thanks anyway!
x]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
TIME TO VOTE. Just like before:

Simply post the username of your preferred winner, along with a reason why (optional). Also please read the criteria:

When voting, consider the criteria that the panel will be using: viability (is the team good?), creativity (does it stray from standard builds?), and synergy (is there evidence of thoughtful team building?).
Good luck!

Yoshikko

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
i vote for rabinov!!

Last edited:

Detox

Voting for Yoshikko because I stole the team and won like 9 times good enough for me

I mean what

hi

Back