• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Orientation

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
  • Wow looks like everyone is posting here. Guess I'll jump on the train cause why not.

I relate with how colors put it. I've been very confused and unsure of myself for a bit now, so I define as bi-sexual currently. I don't much care about a partners sex as long as we love each other.

Now do I think it defines who a person is? Nah. I don't think it is an important piece unless I'm interested in someone. I've always been of the mindset of "do what makes you happy" with others and offer as much support as I can if needed.

There is one thing that bugs me. All of these damn labels. I mean, can we not just stick to Straight-bi-gay? I think that covers all the plates since there's not many options. Hell I'll even slow a-sexual. Making something over complicated that doesn't need to be...

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    i'm straight as a straight girl can be

but i do enjoy looking at beautiful women, doesn't mean i wanna sleep with them though...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm pretty sure I'm straight, so I'm attracted to men. Half seriously tried to start liking girls a couple of times but I could only get as far as platonic friend love even if I managed to make out with them tbh; I'm apparently really not sexually attracted to girls. I don't mind though, I'm perfectly happy with a man c:

I guess my orientation defines me a bit, and I think it does for others too. It determines where we look in life, what we strive for, and where and with whom we want to be. In no way do I think that's a negative thing, rather it's just a neutral observation about human behavior. Even if we're asexual, that affects and determines those things as well.

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    I'm a straight male, and as far as I think of sexual orientation, I could really care less who or what people are sexually attracted to. It has absolutely no bearing on my life whatsoever if one happens to be male attracted to other males, or a female attracted to females, or Pikachus attracted to Piplups and ketchup.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I'm a straight guy. Never had any interest in the same sex.
    I don't mind the sexuality of anyone. You are who you are and people should accept that.

That said, my ex and me once went to a LGBT festival thingy once in Antwerp (she's bi and I didn't mind coming along). It was pretty fun and the performances were great. And it was just nice to see how outgoing everyone there was. There was one guy who was clearly interested in me though so I just told him I'm straight just to clear stuff up.

I don't think your orientation defines you, it's just a part of you.

My best friend is lesbian and she was actually feeling really bad when she figured out she was. And for some reason thought I'd hate her. So I told her she's just herself and I wouldn't see how her orientation would change anything about our friendship. Maybe she was just scared because her parents aren't really... accepting it. Not even now after 10 years, which I really don't get.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    What's your sexual orientation? How do you feel about orientations? Do you feel like a person's orientation defines them?

I never understood all these problems with understanding the LGBT community because who cares what's happen in the personal relationships? >_> I just mean that true love is always more important that those stupid stereotypes that all people must be straight >_> All people are different and I see no sense in useless blaming each other, especially of their orientations >_>
    But I also really don't like that old stereotypes that if a guy tries to lokk stylish, dyes his hair in the unnatureal colours like here http://hairstylezz.com/best-green-hair-ideas-mint-lime-emerald-pastel-dark/9/ etc. he's definetely a gay... I just think that in our modern community it's a time for thinking about all this stuff not so conservative at all >_>
    The same about women...

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    I'm a straight female who doesn't care what people choose as there sexual orientation. I have been raised by my mom to not judge people as they have just as much right to choose there path as much as I do.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2017
    I'm gay, though sometimes I question myself on why I am... But I guess that's because I'm not able to tell my family :x

I wouldn't say a sexual orientation "defines" someone, but I have no problem with it.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • For the greater part of my childhood and adolescent years, I tried to escape my sexual orientation. I was paralyzed by the perceived shame of being gay. That oppressive exertion in myself dealt near irreparable damage to my self-image and perspective on others. It's not something I am proud of, but something I am so willing to talk about for the outside chance that it helps someone who is now in the situation I was in back then.

I am in my early twenties now and with hindsight see the harm I inflicted on myself by trying to keep my homosexuality away from the light. It eroded my personality. It gave me sharp edges. It's easy to say that I was just a product of my environment and while I certainly had to endure some degree of ridicule and hate from others, truth be told, much of my anxiety was generated on the interior. The result is that I am now living with an enemy within - depression.

I do regard myself as lucky at this stage. I am privileged to have loving people around me and I am working to slowly pull myself out of that hole. I am in a much better space now than I used to be and I have much to do yet.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
    Years
  • I don't care what others sexual orientation are. I can interact with anyone, be friends with anyone because since when does sexual orientation have a place there? Obviously if I wanted more (Straight male btw) and your sexual orientation differed from mine and you weren't comfortable with more, it still doesn't matter, it changes nothing and I'll always continue on as your friend. I might be disappointed but who isn't when they can't have their crush for themselves in a way? :P

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I'm bisexual. I couldn't care less what a person's sexual orientation is; as a matter of fact, that's probably the least of my worries when interacting with somebody. You do you - no one else does.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I guess you could technically say I'm pansexual, but I'm only attracted to women. I don't feel like talking about gender, but I'm not straight or cis, so. And I don't give a fuck about orientation. You love what you love. That's it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm demisexual. But eh. I might just be completely asexual at this point. I dunno.

Bay

Years
  • Even though I got crushes on several of my male friends (and not in a relationship with them for various reasons), sex is a pretty low priority for me when looking for a relationship. If there comes a time where we decide to try it then I won't object, though. I guess that still makes me demisexual/straight since I don't totally object to the idea of sex in the end.

As for if the orientation defines something, I'm totally fine whatever preference someone has and if they want that to define them I won't stop them.

Last edited:

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years

• Lol @ people who say orientation doesn't have any influence on your personality. It has just as much bearing as gender, sex, race, and everything else inherit about you does - it's just another element of how you approach social situations, and you can't control that. It's not a bad thing to embrace and let become apart of you; I feel like many people are so avid about not allowing it to be in the definition of themselves because they don't want to be stereotyped. But don't let that stop you from having a proper relationship with that part of yourself.

Just have fun with life; I'm gay and I think it's one of the funniest facts about myself.​

Years
  • I think what best defines me (after questioning, label stuff, and denying for so long) is bisexual or pansexual. I'm a woman who happens to like men, women, and pretty much anyone!
    I'm fine with other orientations, you love who you love! I think it's part of or played a part in molding my personality. Does it define all of me, I wouldn't say that. But it's definitely part of me and I like to embrace it when I'm around people who I'm comfortable with.​

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • I am panromantic. I don't know when I "realized" it, I've been attracted to all genders since I was a kid. I've never let a person's gender interfere with my attraction/feelings for them.
    As for whether or not it defines a person... That's up to them, I suppose! Being panromantic is a part of my identity and I'm proud of it so yes, I would consider it a part of who I am. Also, I call myself panromantic because I'm gray-asexual, soooo.....

Back