• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Original Pokemon or Made Up?

Original Pokemon or Made Up

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 184 75.7%
  • Made Up Pokemon

Votes: 59 24.3%

• Total voters

ArchsageX

The greatest sage.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2013
    I love to see the ideas people come up with for made-up pokemon so I prefer those.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    i usually like fakemon in it, as long as the sprites are good. i find it more interesting catching these new ones, and finding out what abilities and attacks they got.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'm all for using custom Pokémon, as long as they have good designs. I'm quite picky about that sort of thing - I personally dislike the Pokémon in Marble (sorry Baro!), though a lot of people think they're good...

But, if you can get up to Battle Fire's quality, or even better, Acanthite's (I know it's not a hack), then go for it!

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
    Orginal Pokemon. If I was hacking a Pokemon game then I should use different Pokemon trainer sprites than Pokemon.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Original Pokemon are my favorite because I think don't think fakemon have much connection to the original anime world.

I will never use fakemon in my hack, but I still respect people who do, it is a lot of hard work to make a fakemon I think.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2008
    When I want to play a pokemon game I want to be able to have the original pokemon. So my thats where my preference goes out to. Also fakemon more often than not simply look ugly. But if you're able to make goodlooking fakemon, by all means add some (let's say 5-10, or so...) to the original set. It shows effort and originality in my opinion.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    the made up ones never seem to cut it with me id rather see a Pokemon game with actual Pokemon in it not fake ones it often spoils a good hack

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2023
    I think that if the Fakemon has a decent design, and is balanced with the gameplay, its an awesome addition to any hacked game.

NatureKeeper

Actually, fake pokemon , i like the originals but a new region for example needs some new legendaries, etc...
    Let's take Reign of Legends as an example: The story line is based on the legendary angeallen.

I'm actually trying to make a fake of mew called SHADE MEW . Also an evolution of Blastoise caled PR.SQUIRTLE, somethings like that

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    1. I HATE FAKEMON!

2. How about changing this into a poll?

How about...
    1. Even if they looked good?

2. Because its already a poll.
    and you don't have to say it in all capitals to show your hatred for them.
    its much more boring seeing a bulbasaur because you know everything about it already.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    I like SCRATCH fakemon more, simply because the original get boring... it's nice to 'discover' new pokemon I think. I hope mine are good enough.

@Wichu, yours are very nice indeed. Fit in really good.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
    Years
    Original.

I don't mind Fakémon, if they look good, and are interesting (not wow! Look at that; it's Bulbasaur with a different name and picture...)

Back