• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Origins (OOC)

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
Years
Doesn't Nideous have personal / familial matters to take care of? You might have to ask him what he's planning to do. I am making a post sometime later today (in order to beat up some unfortunate critter), and then I'll move on as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That is right. I need to learn to be more attentive as a GM.
We can probably move on and assume that Sandshrew won over that Ekans ;)

So yes, to all other players, please do what you feel like you want to do in Route 3. Get a feel for your character, make them capture or battle something or find Bill and Luke (and Lingwei depending on if she's still around there or not) again.

Let me know when you feel like you are done, and I will make everyone move to the foot of Mt. Moon and meet up with Leeroy! Or, if your character went away very much on their own, have them end up at the village waiting for Bill.

Cirrus

Years
Scrapping the "post today" plan, today was full of unexpected stuff that needed to be done ... so I ended up arriving at home very late in the evening after having been out for the entire day. Oh well. Better luck tomorrow, I hope.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Yeah, I am ready to move onto the Mount Moon Chapter since I don't want to back track my steps and look for the group when they are going a different way through the Route XD.

Cirrus

Years
Post about half done. Will finish it up tomorrow. =< Same thing happened today ... and will probably happen tomorrow, but I will have enough energy to finish writing at least. Halfway through writing the fight sequence, so yeah.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Okay, so Cirrus is struggling with a post, Nideous might or might not still be out in real life with something. Chuckles and Cosmic Fury and me seem to be ready to go to the village.

How about Miss Doronjo and EliteBeats, you done on route 3? If not, please post your finishing-ups!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nideous and EliteBeats have dropped out, so I'm opening up a new spot. That new player (if there is one) can start in the village near Mt Moon.

Other than that, I assume Cirrus' post is on the way and that Doronjo will get something up soon too, so that we can go to the village!

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
Please note that I'm on leave until the 5th, and as such I won't likely be able to make any good posts until the 7th or so, as I'll be moving into my new command during that time.

Please feel free to bunny my character if I'm unable to post until then, and it's necessary to do so in order to get things moving.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
Looks like an interesting RP, and that inclusion from ETOP :D I'll join in, though I can't really complete my SU right now. I'll definitely try doing it all by tomorrow night however!

Keyword: KIND
Name: Oscar Tipo

Body: Oscar is bald. His head has always been the shiny, smooth surface since as far back as he can remember. Though not big on hair on top, Oscar does have a mustache building right above his lips, and he wishes to have a small beard too.

Standing on 5'7", Oscar is smaller than average for his age, though is muscular especially on his legs because of his active lifestyle. His eyes are of crystal blue, and his lips pout slightly. His skin is very tanned, and has definitely got a brown tone to it, though Oscar was and is originally pale. Not any of his other body parts really stand out, and his feet are normal size for his height.

Clothing: Oscar isn't big on fashion at all, and most of his clothes are more so inspired by whatever his dad wears. His general outfit would be a red plaid lumberjack shirt which has been rolled up to his elbows, navy denim jeans and tough, brown boots which cover up to half of his shins. If not wearing his usual outfit Oscar just wears whatever is comfortable, though he is always wearing something on top as he feels vulnerable topless, even though his body looks and is tough.

Personality: Oscar is humble, energetic and cheerful, all fruit of his modest up-bringing. You can never catch him in a bad mood; in fact it's almost impossible. Oscar has always got a small grin at the very least on his face, and respects people older than him. He has the ability to cheer just about anyone up if they are in a foul mood, and his lighthearted personality is one of his best perks. Oscar is also generally a trustworthy guy, and always looks out for his friends and anyone close to him.

However, if you somehow manage to anger Oscar in any way... he can switch very quickly, so quick it's quite scary. But less said about that the better.

Anyway, back to Oscar and his real personality. One of Oscar's main weaknesses is beautiful girls - or at least, girls that he likes/fancies. Whenever he comes across or is near a lady that he has some kind of interest in, his initial reaction is to somehow try and escape that situation, whatever the cost. If he finds himself in conversation with them, he can suddenly turn very awkward, spitting answers quickly and turn his face away from them to avoid eye contact and hide his blushes. However, he can identify emotions well, and if he sees someone in distress, even with his awkwardness he tries to push that aside to try and help that particular person, no matter who he or she is.

Interests: Martial arts of all kinds, fighting-type Pokemon and dumplings.

History: Oscar's grandfather Valen Tipo had a rather strange family - him and Valerie Tipo had two kids, both boys. Oscar's father Perditus Tipo is the younger of the two, and between him and his older brother Hugo there is a twenty year difference. Unfortunately for Perditus, his mother died when she gave birth to her second child, and Valen later on died because of an unknown internal decease when Perditus was ten. Ever since his father died, Perditus has lived with his older brother Hugo and his wife until he moved out when he turned 16 and had decided to take his childhood love Estella with him, meaning he dropped off education as soon as he could. Hugo, who at the time was starting to see huge profits in a successful business, tried to convince his youngest brother to do otherwise, but Perditus' mind was already set. The couple decided to move into Pewter City as Perditus had acquired a job as a miner there, and properties were cheapest than anywhere they could find.

Life was hard for Perditus at start. Firstly, he was illiterate, which didn't help his case at all whenever it came to reading reports or letters from the company he was working in. Most of the time Estella had to help him with that side of things, and Perditus found that embarrassing more than anything. The couple was also very poor at time. Perditus hadn't left his brother's place with bags of money, and he found himself constantly contacting him to help him financially. Though Hugo always reassured Perditus that he could come to him whenever he needed anything, Perditus never liked asking for money; his pride was at an all-time low, and there was nothing he could do about it. Until one day, he decided to make a change. He had enough of endless rock bashing and decided to make a drastic career change.

You see, the Tipo family is famous (or at least known) for one thing - every member learns some kind of martial art, and is black belt before their 16th birthday. Valen Tipo was an expert in taewkondo and hosted a local school in his home town. Perditus had the same idea.

Obviously at the beginning things didn't quite work out as Perditus wanted. He was really short in money, and there weren't many jobs that he could choose because of his failed academics and illiterateness, so Perditus toughed it out and continued mining, and as support Estella took a job as the receptionist in the local PokeMart. After months of endless slaving saving and taking a small loan from his brother, Perditus managed to realize his plans and rented a small hall, where he and Estella alone cleaned up and made the inside suitable for learning taekwondo. After another month, the hall was finally open as a mini-dojo, and the place became an instant success. Students ranging from children to young adults came in to be taught by 18 year old Perditus, who through his struggle in the beginning of his life in Pewter City had made him mature beyond his years, but he was humble about it. He managed to pay back his brother and for the first time ever Perditus and Estella Tipo finally could settle down happily in their home. They eventually got married when both turned twenty and were safe financially.

After seven years, Estella gave birth to the couple's first child. Perditus was teaching a class just before then, but after hearing the news through a fast train of gossip he just managed to get to the hospital to see his newborn baby. When Estella asked Perditus what he wanted to call the baby, he replied with one word.

"Oscar."

Pokémon license? No.

Pokémon species: Treecko; Male, and a gift from Professor Oak.​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Please note that I'm on leave until the 5th, and as such I won't likely be able to make any good posts until the 7th or so, as I'll be moving into my new command during that time.

Please feel free to bunny my character if I'm unable to post until then, and it's necessary to do so in order to get things moving.
Noted! Hmm, we'll work something out.

Looks like an interesting RP, and that inclusion from ETOP :D I'll join in, though I can't really complete my SU right now. I'll definitely try doing it all by tomorrow night however!

Keyword: KIND
Name:

Body:

Clothing:

Personality:

Interests:

History:

Pokémon license? No.

Pokémon species: Treecko; more stuff coming soon!​
Looking forward to seeing your finished SU!

Cirrus

Years
I'm really sorry! Preparations for university (i.e. living alone) have only escalated throughout the past week (I haven't even actually been on PC except for a quick survey of my inbox and VMs). I'm not struggling with a post, per se, but I do need to get it finished - be assured that my interest hasn't dropped, only my current amount of available time. I'm finishing up the last of my packing tomorrow, and will be arriving at university on Monday; from there it's free time o'clock so I can do whatever I want ... or something like that.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
We're just chatting now. Planning on having someone help Bill grow less afraid of battling by having a late evening training battle :] Anyone up for it?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
So Scyke's SU is coming along soon enough, uni (or school) is starting for a lot of people (like Cirrus and me) so it's okay if post rate is a bit low nowadays~ But be sure to let me know if there is something other than time troubling you! I'll be happy to help setting things in movement if you need some inspiration for what to post about.

But I recommend interacting, like me and chuckles are doing (with Bill and Leeroy). We're making a titanpad-post now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Yay!

Haha Scyke, CONGRATULATIONS on making an SU, I'll read it later today when I have time, right now it's school soon so.

It's okay if you are back now, Cosmic :3 Your character is at the tavern in Mt Moon Village at the moment. Bill and Leeroy are eating burgers and Suzanne and Bill are about to have a joint post, so you can try to interact with Lingwei or Leeroy or even venture outside the tavern because...

... even if I haven't looked at Scyke's SU yet, I'm assuming I'm going to accept him :p And in that case, his character will start off somewhere in Mt Moon Village, trying to catch up with Bill's group. Maybe someone from the group could stumble into him.

Or, if Suzanne and Bill do end up having a trainer battle, Scyke's character could maybe spot Bill there. But that hasn't happened yet so.

*plans wildly*

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
Years
At any rate, my character is going to have to do some heavy battling to catch up with others. Knowledge without power is always useless, after all...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
@ Scyke, I love Oscar. He's awesome. But like you said, the history is a bit weird because it's all about his father but nothing about his own life. Do you think you could add something about how Oscar grew up? Otherwise you'll have to explain your plans in omitting his history to me in PM or something :p

@ Cosmic, yeah, battle on! If you do clever battling rather than throw attacks forth and back, maybe take surroundings and weather into account, I'll likely be more impressed and hand out more levels for less length of battles :3

@ Shawn - I'LL GET ON THAT JP OKAY

EDIT: Scyke is officially accepted with Oscar and Treecko! Let me know if you want any additional pokémon from the route we've gone through. Otherwise, meet up with the others in the village or at the tavern even.

Last edited:
Back