• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other countries you would want to live in?

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
  • 1. Japan
    Reason is because I'm a borderline Japanophile and I love urban life. The language is also amazing and I'd love to learn it better. Plus, all the technology there is enough to make me drool.
    2. South Korea
    I love K-Pop and Korean culture. And the world's fastest internet is here. So why not? :3

But this is only if there were a reason I could not live in Melbourne any longer. For as long as I can, though, I'd live right here in Melbourne. It's the world's most livable city after all. <3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • The UK of course. idk I just think I'd never get bored there because there's so much history and culture and stuff crammed into a rather small area. The US and Canada are nice enough but they're just so big. They may have just as much stuff but it seems like less because it's so spread out. Except for east coast US because all kinds of stuff but I wouldn't want to live there. I've been there before a few times and it's cool to visit but nah.

Other places... I get panicky about language barriers. I'm absolutely useless at learning languages so I'd be kind of paranoid and scared and not get on real well if I lived somewhere like Italy or Denmark or Sweden. Australia seems too wide-open again and New Zealand seems nice but very far away from things.

Years
  • Aaagh, this is so hard omg.

Germany is definitely on the list! I love the country and have quite a few relatives living there, so settling in wouldn't be too hard~

Britain is also lovely. I'm really fascinated by its history and love the architecture.

Japan fascinates me a lot, too... the language had interested me for a good few years now and I love their culture. Hoping to at least visit sometime in the future!

Austria has a very beautiful landscape, too. Living somewhere around the mountains there would be amazing!

...I have so many more on my list buut going to limit myself or this post would end up being an essay. XD;

Years
  • #5. Croatia - I was there about 9 times and still I want to go there every summer. I love their food, sea and some cities like Dubrovnik or Split.
    #4. Finland - To the land of lakes, ice hockey, ski jumping and to the land of crazy language .... Why not? :D
    #3. Canada - Next land of ice hockey.... and lots of beautiful cities (Vancouver...) and English/Franch speakers :D
    #2. Austria - I was in Vienna about 6 times and I love it there :D but I want to live near high mountains but where is another life too :D like in Innsbruck.
    #1. Japan - Of course! :D I love their culture, food, language ..... but I don´t want to live in Tokyo it´s too big city for me :D and there isn´t snow every year :/ .... but to the Hokkaido island ("Sinnoh region") :D .... I think Sapporo :D.... why not?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • To be honest I don't wanna live on this planet lol. This world is so messed up everywhere that I don't wanna live anwhere else. Im good America even tho I hate it here. Just so you non Americans know, This country isn't free by a long shot. You can't do anything in this country without gettin in trouble anymore.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • England :3 It seems like a great place, and they speak English, so I can actually function.

Aside from that, Espana interests me as well. I'm decent at Spanish, and I can learn more if I tried! Canada isn't so bad either, but only Toronto. =D Oh, and Japan! I've heard a lot of neat stuff about Japan.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • I've always wanted to live in Poland or France. They seem like awesome places and both of the languages are pretty awesome too. Also wanted to live in Greece but with all the stuff going on there probably not a good idea atm. Also Iceland would be cool. I do really well with learning new languages so it wouldn't be too hard for me to live in any of these spots.

Z_Z

Zzz
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2012
    Where ever I could get the most personal growth. So somewhere difficult and unfamiliar. I dunno... Mongolia. But only short-medium term.

Years
  • I am a bit surprised that some of you have Austria on your list but I'm also happy..after all that's were I live. I wanted to live in Japan in the past but that doesn't interest me anymore. Now I wouldn't want to move out of this country at all. I'd just prefer to live on the countryside instead of the city and I'd be fine.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'd like to live in Canada for the rest of my life because I love it here, no matter where I am in the country (even Quebec, aww... but maybe not Newfoundland). If I absolutely had to move, though, I can't see myself living anywhere besides the UK, Australia, or the US.

I'm really, really uncomfortable with the idea of living with the US because I distrust their health care system and economy, plus I'd have to look for such a ridiculously liberal city that I worry I wouldn't be able to find one that suited my needs. I don't mind visiting but I'm usually ready to come home after a week in the States tops. :(

Australia seems to be the country closest to Canada socially. Everyone I meet from there sort of shares the same Commonwealth-but-not-Britain values that I've come to expect from Canada and I feel like I'd fit in well there........... if it weren't for the location. I'd absolutely die during the summers there and I probably wouldn't even be too happy in the winter. :( I can't handle 26 degrees here, nevermind whatever the heck the temperature gets to there. I'd just melt.

So uhh... that kind of just leaves the UK, haha. I'm not really interested in any other European languages. I know French well enough but I don't like the language enough anymore to want to actually speak it on a daily basis. :( I'm unfamiliar with other countries that speak English natively which is why they aren't listed but I think I'd get on okay in the UK anyway. Or I hope I would.

I'd add Japan to this list because I do really like the culture and it's probably the favourite of the languages I've learnt (or attempted to learn) but I've heard horror stories of foreigners trying to fit in on a daily basis and it just doesn't sound like something I'd want to deal with. It's not completely off the table and if in the future a job or something opens up there, I'd be okay with moving there, but it's not necessarily in my top choices.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • This coming from someone who's never been out of the country, orz

1. ITALIA
    Most people think I want to visit/live in Japan most. But nope, I'd much rather live in the Italy--specifically, Venice~ It looks so beautiful and Italian food is delicious and the language is lovely and hnnnnngh I'd love to live there~~~ Of course, it'd probably be a good idea to learn Italian, though seeing as I know some Spanish and French I could probably recognize some things, not to mention it wouldn't be too hard.

2. NIHON
    Yup, Japan's number 2. And since I'm actually learning the language in college I'm thinking I might study abroad here~ That aside, Japan seems like a pretty cool place to live, plus it's a JRPG/anime & manga otaku's dream come true, ffffff. The only thing I'd be a bit weary of is the food since a lot of it seems to be seafood (which I hate), but I don't think it'll be too bad otherwise.

3. IRELAND/SCOTLAND
    I really can't decide between the two. Both seem like beautiful places and the people have beautiful accents and accents aside they still speak English for the most part so yeah. That said, you couldn't get me to try haggus (sp?) in a billion years XD;

4. AUSTRALIA
    Again, beautiful accents, beautiful looking, etc. I even have a relative living in Sydney, now.

5. NEW ZEALAND
    I've heard it's really beautiful, and the accents are also pretty (I like accents OK) and I think it's one of the more peaceful countries? Idk, but it sounds like it'd be nice to live in~

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Honestly, the only other country I can actually see myself living in the future is Canada. Maybe England if possible, but the British slang would probably get on my nerves after a while. XD

Years
  • I'd like to live in Canada for the rest of my life because I love it here, no matter where I am in the country (even Quebec, aww... but maybe not Newfoundland). If I absolutely had to move, though, I can't see myself living anywhere besides the UK, Australia, or the US.

I'm really, really uncomfortable with the idea of living with the US because I distrust their health care system and economy, plus I'd have to look for such a ridiculously liberal city that I worry I wouldn't be able to find one that suited my needs. I don't mind visiting but I'm usually ready to come home after a week in the States tops. :(

Australia seems to be the country closest to Canada socially. Everyone I meet from there sort of shares the same Commonwealth-but-not-Britain values that I've come to expect from Canada and I feel like I'd fit in well there........... if it weren't for the location. I'd absolutely die during the summers there and I probably wouldn't even be too happy in the winter. :( I can't handle 26 degrees here, nevermind whatever the heck the temperature gets to there. I'd just melt.

So uhh... that kind of just leaves the UK, haha. I'm not really interested in any other European languages. I know French well enough but I don't like the language enough anymore to want to actually speak it on a daily basis. :( I'm unfamiliar with other countries that speak English natively which is why they aren't listed but I think I'd get on okay in the UK anyway. Or I hope I would.

I'd add Japan to this list because I do really like the culture and it's probably the favourite of the languages I've learnt (or attempted to learn) but I've heard horror stories of foreigners trying to fit in on a daily basis and it just doesn't sound like something I'd want to deal with. It's not completely off the table and if in the future a job or something opens up there, I'd be okay with moving there, but it's not necessarily in my top choices.

You just saved me a lot of writing as this is almost the exact same way I feel. New Zealand and South Africa might be interesting choices as well, and having a lot of family in Norway, I wouldn't mind moving there either (and it helps that quite a few people speak English there).

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Well, there are a few countries that I would want to live in.

1) Croatia: A few of my family stopped off at Dubrovnik, and they said that place was great. I'm also gonna start learning Croatian, too.

2) Gibraltar: I really loved this place when I visited for the first time. It's like the UK, but you haven't got a massive amount of crimes nor have you got crappy weather. I also went inside the rock, it was amazing.

3) Cyprus: It was very unlucky that I couldn't get a holiday there, but my aunt brought me a souvenir back. I wouldn't mind living in either Paphos or Limassol.

4) France: Well, I know a little bit of the language, and at least it's not spoken as fast as some languages. Would like to live in either Cannes or Nice.

5) Spain: I've visited this country so much, and I'm also learning basic Spanish. I've visited Lloret de Mar, Benidorm, Torremolinos and Palma Nova. I would like to live in Palma Nova because it was the best place in Spain that I visited.

6) Japan: Pretty much because of it's culture and other things. Actually wouldn't mind where I lived.

7) Hong Kong: I know this used to be British ruled before 1998, and I bet that it has great culture too. I think I would love the food from there.

8) China: Pretty much the same reason as Hong Kong.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • I'd like to live in Japan. 100%! I mean. I'm not learning the language for no reason, you know >w<
    I'd like to really get away from living here in England anyway.
    America and Canada also seem quite nice :3
    I've decided I want to go to Germany and Austria though >w<

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    Anywhere that isn't the USA.

#1 - New Zealand
    I think New Zealand is such a beautiful country. It is my dream place to live. I would like to retire in New Zealand.

#2 - Japan
    I love the culture in Japan. I love the fashion style. I love the way they express themselves there.

#3 - Greece
    Another beautiful country. I'm pretty obsessed with Greek gods, which is why I want to live there. x]

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
    Years
  • I'm fine in Canada but I wanna live in a different city, I honestly hate Calgary...can't wait till I graduate high school I just started Grade 10 so there's still a long time before I graduate. I'm probably gonna move to Vancouver, Quebec or Toronto because those cities universities and dental faculties are way better.

If I could chose any country to live in it would be Switzerland just because the chocolate they have is delicious LOL. Also because a lot of cool stuff is made in Switzerland they have such awesome watches made there.

I would live in USA but only in Orlando, Florida just because DisneyWorld is in Orlando :)

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • The only place I could realistically see myself being content is Canada. The couple times I was there, it didn't feel wholly foreign to me, but different enough to not feel the same. I feel I could get on well there. Most other places... not so much.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2012
    Russia, of course! For one, I have a feeling that I'd love the weather there in an almost uncanny way. The cities are so beautifully breathtaking in all the photos I've seen and well seeing that in person-- BEING that would be quite grand. While I don't know how to speak the Russian language there is nothing that could teach me better than getting plopped right smack dab in the middle of it all. Russian culture, it is nothing other than pure ecstasy, I tell you! This doesn't even begin to explain to the number of lavish things that I'd feel ok in doing in Russia yet not in America for some unexplained, subconscious reason. I'm a bit of a wallflower now, but if I went to Russia I'd start to poke my head out a little bit more. None of this goes to mention how I'd be on the Eurasia continent and generally better connected with the rest of the world. I wouldn't live such a sheltered life that the U.S. employs, and that would be divine. Countries like Korea(South, of course), the Ukraine, Germany are all available to visit; that is to say, in less time and with less effort. So yeah, I'm going to Russia, I guess!

Other than Russia I could see myself going to a few other places, primarily. One of the locations is of course to stay within the U.S. and more importantly, within the Emerald Triangle. There is hardly a reason to ever leave this heavenly shape of amazingnesss, however, a different location in said triangle would not be too bad. MY town is such a drag, I tell you. I could definitely go for some place else. Amsterdam would be another option for me as I've always admired the Netherlands pioneering in same-sex marriage. Not to mention, I'd become the regular at a few different coffee shops if you know what I'm alluding too :b Not to mention that city of Amsterdam is so frickin' beautiful that I'd just melt.

Back