• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Overrated games.

Wormatsu

Reborn Pokémon Fanatic
Years
  • Crysis and Killzone 2 are some of the most over-rated games ever. With all the hype about graphics, they forgot all about a storyline worth following.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
  • Kingdom Hearts. Sorry, but it was a game that was about the storyline and the characters, neither of which I liked. Damn, I kept wishing Sora would turn a corner and trip over Riku and Kairi's dead bodies so he could just give up, go home and stop angsting DX

Years
  • Kingdom Hearts, Halo, Final Fantasy, Fable II + III.

I could go on.
    Also, I know it isn't the question. But the Wii is beyond over-rated!

Years
  • I agree with you, except here. That's just a lie. Since Red & Blue, breeding, the Battle Frontier, Wi-fi capabilities, new Pokemon, contests, and other things have been introduced to the games.
    8 gyms, elite four, get HMs to progress further, silent protagonist foils team ___'s evil plan, probably with help of the E4 champion, fill up pokedex, have over 9000 battles, and the pokemon are similar in each region.
    You make it seem as though breeding, new pokemon and contests have a huge effect on the game. Wi-fi capabilities are just a wireless version of features that have existed since the 1st gen with a link cable, and the battle frontier is just a bunch of difficult battles.

I stand by my opinion.

Reading back, I have to agree with the Halo thing as well.

Fishyman

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • No.
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    8 gyms, elite four, get HMs to progress further, silent protagonist foils team ___'s evil plan, probably with help of the E4 champion, fill up pokedex, have over 9000 battles, and the pokemon are similar in each region.
    You make it seem as though breeding, new pokemon and contests have a huge effect on the game. Wi-fi capabilities are just a wireless version of features that have existed since the 1st gen with a link cable, and the battle frontier is just a bunch of difficult battles.

I stand by my opinion.

Reading back, I have to agree with the Halo thing as well.
    Bah, you make a good point. The storyline really does need a rehash.

Was It?
    Oh sorry my bad... Just goes to show that you learn something almost every day.

It's not like it really matters anyway, their releases were both succesful, and I really just think it's a coincidence that they're so similar.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • I have to quote your first post for a moment. I respect your opinions and I'd like to make a few comments.

LoZ: Ocarina of Time: Shoot me if you want, but this game is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great game..It's just not the greatest thing to ever set foot in the gaming world...Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are better.

It seems to me here that you are taking the games on face value. I'll admit, the two newer games' gameplay and graphics are much more responsive and smoother than OoT, but you must look at the intricacies of that game.

Many of the games you play now owe the way their mechanics function to this game. The music score, the 3D elements, the gameplay, the story, everything was way ahead of it's time. This, for me, and many others, make it THE greatest video game ever made.

In that sense, Twilight Princess is NOT better. It offered nothing new to the series, and was just a generic title in spite of all the hype. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good game, but give me a copy of it's predecessor any time.

The Halo Series: Nothing seperates this from the likes of Timesplitters, Killzone or CoD..or any other shooter for that matter...Nothing.

I came in here to say: "Halo 3. DEFINITELY Halo 3". And you answered perfectly what I was going to justify my point with.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Crysis and Killzone 2 are some of the most over-rated games ever. With all the hype about graphics, they forgot all about a storyline worth following.

You must of played a different Killzone 2 to me because I remember Killzone 2 having a pretty big story with decent voice acting and developed characters.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think that all games and that gaming in general is overrated. Yes some games are much better than others, but I have never found a game that I thought was worth fawning over as if it was a gift from God. They all have their flaws and they all have their good points.

Back