• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Owari no Seraph

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years

Owari no Seraph
    One day, a mysterious virus appeared on Earth which killed every infected human over the age of 13. At the same time, vampires emerged from the world's dark recesses and enslaved mankind. Enter Hyakuya Yuuichirou, a young boy, who along with the rest of the children from his orphanage, are treated as livestock by the vampires. Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all.

Type: TV
    Episodes: Unknown
    Aired: Mar 15, 2015 to Jun 20, 2015 (season 1) [Season 2 confirmed for Fall 2015]
    Producers: Wit Studio
    Genres: Drama, Shounen, Vampire, Supernatural
    Duration: Unknown
    Rating: None

Spoiler: Cast and Crew

Cast:
    Kaito Ishikawa as Shiho Kimizuki
    Kensho Ono as Mikaela Hyakuya
    Miyu Irino as Yuichiro Hyakuya
    Nobuhiko Okamoto as Yoichi Saotome
    Saori Hayami as Shinoa Hiragi
    Takahiro Sakurai as Ferid Bathory
    Yūichi Nakamura as Guren Ichinose
    Yuka Iguchi as Mitsuba Sangu

Aoi Yūki as Krul Tepes
    Atsumi Tanezaki as Sayuri Hanayori
    Daisuke Ono as Norito Goshi
    Kenichi Suzumura as Crowley Eusford
    Tatsuhisa Suzuki as Shinya Hiragi
    Tomoaki Maeno as Kureto Hiragi
    Yu Shimamura as Mito Jūjō
    Yui Ishikawa as Shigure Yukimi

Hibiku Yamamura as Asuramaru
    Takuma Nagatsuka as Lacus Welt
    Yuichiro Umehara as René Simm

Staff:
    Director: Daisuke Tokudo
    Series Composition: Hiroshi Seko
    Screenplay: Hiroshi Seko
    Music:
    Asami Tachibana
    Hiroyuki Sawano
    Megumi Shiraishi
    Takafumi Wada
    Original creator:
    Daisuke Furuya (storyboard)
    Takaya Kagami (story)
    Yamato Yamamoto (art)
    Character Design: Satoshi Kadowaki
    Art Director: Seiko Yoshioka
    Chief Animation Director:
    Ayumi Yamada
    Satoshi Kadowaki
    Art design: Kazushi Fujii
    3D Director: Tsukasa Saitō
    Sound Director: Yota Tsuruoka
    Director of Photography: Yasuhiro Akamatsu

2D Work: Hirofumi Araki
    Associate Director: Masashi Koizuka
    Color setting: Fumiko Numahata
    Editing: Masaki Utsunomiya
    Imageboard: Hiroki Shinagawa
    Lead Animator:
    Megumi Tomita
    Miho Kato
    Takuma Ebisu
    Yuka Sugizaki
    Music producer: Hiroyuki Sawano
    Music Production: Yasushi Horiguchi (Legendoor)
    Prop Design: Takuma Ebisu
    Sub-Character Design: Takuma Ebisu
    Theme Song Performance:
    Gemie
    Yosh Morita

TRAILERS
    Spoiler:

Owari no Seraph

"Even in captivity, Yuuichirou dreams big. He dreams of killing vampires. He dreams of killing them all."
    Is it me or does that sound familiar... *coughSnKcough*

pkmin3033

I'll watch this one, but I have the feeling that it's going to be the one that everyone loves that I absolutely cannot stand...it reminds me too much of certain other shows that have been hyped into the stratosphere and turned out to be extremely disappointing/filled with pointless discourse/flashbacks that never actually go anywhere. The premise sounds interesting, but I'll not hold my breath for it to be executed properly. Still going to pick it up though. I bet the soundtrack will be amazing if nothing else~

Years
    I've heard that it's really bad and as far as I know the manga isn't finished. So expect an anime original ending. At least it looks pretty, might as well give it a shot.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Pretty animation + shounen with vampires = give it a watch at least.

So yeah, definitely watching it no matter what people say. If nothing else, it'll be eye candy at least. It is being done by Wit studio so that definitely does raise my expectations a bit as far as animation goes. :p

You have just killed my expectations ;___;
    Lack of expectation works out in the favor of your opinion towards the show most of the time, just saying~ /personal_experience

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    First impressions: Hmm... not too bad, really. Although, if people say the source material is bad then I probably won't get my expectations up too high haha.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    First episode was a nice set-up.

Spoiler:

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    After a day away doing all these Easter celebrations and whatnot, finally got to sit down and watch this.
    While a lot of people are saying DanMachi is the SAO of the Spring, a lot of others are saying this show's going to be the SnK of the season too so it'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

Spoiler: Episode 1 - thoughts and first impressions

Owari no Seraph or Seraph of the End starts of with the world being killed by a virus where only those of thirteen and younger won't be affected. The story follows two boy named Yuuichirou and Mikaela along with several children from an orphanage they belong to. Them along with several other children are captured by vampires and taken into captivity where they live for the next four(?) years.

First things first. That Virus felt reaaaaally fast and sudden:
    1 person collapses > girlfriend of person and then every other person in the scene collapses > truck comes flying in and crashes into car/ building > plane flying by crashes and causes massive explosion > world pretty much dead
    Owari no Seraph

Personal highlight for me was the clothing designs given to the characters. Despite that the identical uniform clothes they wear in the "experiment" that they're trapped in, incomparision to the plain cloth clothing they gave to the children in Zankyou no Terror, I was quite fond of the design of them. Of course the nature between the two different show and "experiments" were both quite different, they seemed quite comfortable and looked great on the characters.
    Owari no Seraph

Despite this one episode going through a lot of different times and several different moments quite quickly. The story has started and been set up well to give us a good background on Yu and Mikaela - their past and a good look into their relationship between themselves and the other kids of the orphanage
    Owari no Seraph

I cringed seeing the children run away. From the scenes where Mikaela had gotten the map and the gun, you could see where it was heading. That particular moment when Yu had told them to run... you knew it was going to come and just watching each child die one by one was painful - especially Akane​

Owari no Seraph

I just want to say THANK GOD there's no filters in this anime, but this moment Ferid piercing his hand through Mikaela (although it was the most painful scene hitting my heart on the emotional level) any filter would have destroyed any deep feelings gravitating from this scene. However out of all the scenes in this episode, this one really does somewhat mirror the death of Eren's mother from SnK (but I'll talk about the whole SnK comparison thing later). Though for me this scene and the children running one felt like it still lacked some emotional punch that I got from the end of SnK which was kinda the feeling I was hoping to get from it.
    Yu shooting Ferid in the head with the gun does seem quite a fake death to me. I don't think an ordinary gun would have killed him. I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back later.​

Owari no Seraph

Finally he escapes and runs into the hands of his savior/ a group of people looking for him based off some prophecy.
    With the realization that his only family is gone, agrees to join the group in killing off the vampires.
    I will admit though the whole "he's the boy from the prophecy" was kinda a random/sudden statement.​

Owari no Seraph

Finally we get a glimpse into present day with Yu now a 16 year old in a new uniform walking in the current state of the destroyed city. Again I am liking the clothing design here. More or less I am really fond with the whole black and green combination which was one of the things that kinda compelled me to watch it in the first place.​

Overall this was a pretty decent episode and I would rate it a 7.5-7.8ish/10 for a first impression.
    Art and animation were sexy and the soundtrack was pretty good. Can't wait to see the next episode based off from what I saw in the PV.

But there were a few things that were left on my mind after watching this episode:

Spoiler:

Had more to add but forgot and should probs stop procrastinating by writing this xD

Last edited:
    Years
    Why do I get yaoi vibes from this...?
    Well, I planned to watch it for the cast.

Nothing wrong with hints of bromance later on c:

I'd happily welcome a mostly male cast series into my watch list anyway. That being said, first episode was...interesting. Kind of neutral on the impression it left, but I could sense some of the feels. But since I'm low on Spring anime series that I'll be watching, I shall keep it.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    So basically they are all gay and vampires. And we I spoiled myself thanks to the 2nd season cover that some of the characters are still alive...

Anyway, I did enjoy the 'gorish' (not that much) parts. Looking forward to it.

Spoiler: Episode 1 - thoughts and first impressions

Obviously from the key visual Mikaela is most likely still alive and will probably be turned into a vampire (probably to save him from dying or something). Was a tad bit confused because in the PV you actually see him getting bitten with his limbs still in place.

This. It really confused me lol

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    First impression: am I watching Attack on Titan?

Also the top image spoiled something huge for me...
    Spoiler:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    Yeah I'm getting SnK meets edgy highschooler who hates Twilight vibes from this. The first two episodes have been a little too cheesy for me. Episode 3 had better up the ante.

Why do I get yaoi vibes from this...?
    Well, I planned to watch it for the cast.
    I bet Mika went gay for the bloodsucking men. Blame it on Lord Pedo.

Last edited:

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    Insert mandatory main character emotional breakdown when he
    Spoiler:

I'll give it one more episode(halfway through episode 2 now), but I don't think I can handle edgy teenagers/preteens any more than Laptrap can.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Like already mentioned, blondie's fate being the one that he ended up with was very predictable. I'm indifferent towards this series. It'll have to do something really boring or bad to totally fuck it up enough for me to drop it. But on the flipside, since it isn't doing anything that hasn't been done before and is being cliché as hell, it also has to do something incredible for me to think of it as a good series =p

Either way, I won't really be dropping it now at least.

Back