• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Owari no Seraph

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I... don't get it.

The second episode gave us a shot of the destroyed world. Nice, nice. But then we see the main character... in school? Regular school? Not military school? What are the even supposed to learn about in school if the world is destroyed? I imagine that learning languages, history, etc is kinda useless lol. I mean it just looks like regular school because of the civilians there... Also, the brown haired boy is forced to buy food for the bullies... so not only is food NOT being rationed but even though humans are confined to one area of the world, they can still have enough food and can support civilians? People can even live normal lives after the world is "destroyed"? Second of all, they're not training EVERYONE when there's 1/10 of humanity left to fight vampires?

Why can't the vampires--the creatures who have a large enough population to take over the world and kill 9/10 of humanity--storm through the tunnel (because it was not protected at all?) and overwhelm what it looks like the five people who can fight vampires? Why does Yuu need a girlfriend to join the military? Where did the demons come from? Why in episode 3 are the boys still not being trained even though they're clearly behind everyone else in training (especially the brown haired boy)?

So yeah dropped LOL.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

The school setting turns me off a little bit, not enough for a drop, but it's kinda disappointing.
    Anyway, we were revealed what we all knew thanks to the OP sequence, lol.

Spoiler:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years

Altairis said a lot of what I wanted to say.

The idea of the entire school being a human experiment, with the use of demons, is beyond fucked up. The theory of selecting soldiers based on demonic aura resistance looks good on paper but that runs the risk of having the majority who aren't resistant to be possessed and turn on the rest of the current - tiny - population.

Also the part where Yui overcame the demon was just bollocks. So much for having a "weak heart". Besides, how pathetic was that demon to be unable to land a hit on him? If it's that weak, I don't see why there's a million seals at the chamber's entrance. Another Kirito cookie cutter. Oh, and those Cursed Gear look like cheap KlK ripoffs. It's episode three and none of the characters interest me.

Oh I totally cannot believe Lord Pedo is still alive. Now he has a gay son. Shit, I hope he doesn't have bad acting and dazzling skin.

Verdict: Dropping it. Hope this baby gets a concussion.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'm surprised that you've all managed to watch until #3. I've tried to watch #2 at least 5 times and each time I've only made it to the 10 minute mark before stopping. The first time it happened was because I was having stomach problems, the other four were just because I couldn't watch it anymore.

I tried, but yeah. Dropping this unless it somehow turns around and becomes something amazing in the next 3 or 4 eps. How did this already get greenlit for a second season?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I keep telling myself.
    "This show has Saorin, I have something to look forward. This show has Saorin, this show has Saorin. And... it doesn't have Kaji."

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to the pink haired loli vampire. Aoi should be another reason to keep watching.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I'm surprised that you've all managed to watch until #3. I've tried to watch #2 at least 5 times and each time I've only made it to the 10 minute mark before stopping. The first time it happened was because I was having stomach problems, the other four were just because I couldn't watch it anymore.

I tried, but yeah. Dropping this unless it somehow turns around and becomes something amazing in the next 3 or 4 eps. How did this already get greenlit for a second season?

It isn't that bad. It's just a generic show with some fanservice for girls. And I must confess I've seen a tone of things worst than this lol

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    There are worse series out there but this was still instadrop in a season where I haven't instantly dropped about 25 other series.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I think one of my favorite things about this anime is it's fight scenes. I mean, I like the manga, but so far I'm loving seeing all the weapons animated.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I've seen a lot worse than this anime. I mean, sure there are better. It's a little generic and a bit too predictable, but otherwise it seems like it could be alright. The fanservice I'm not looking too forward to, but most anime has it at some point :P The animation is nice, and it's not an anime I have to think to hard over. I can just sit back and watch it.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

FINALLY we reached the point where they drop the School Life part. What a waste of time! It has so much potential, yet they stick with the stupid stuff.

I hate the new loli tsundere generic anime desu girl, the production/author is clearly trying to reach male "hardcore otaku" readers in a story that has probably nothing interesting for them to begin with.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I was wondering what fanservice is being talked about but then the new character comes around. And I remembered about the slight yaoi undertones it has. So yeah, okay I understand I guess. :p

The show is very run-of-the-mill, like a few of you said. But it is still kinda enjoyable. MC is the generic "I WILL BURN YOU TITANS VAMPIRES DOWN!!" and the other characters are okay. I actually really like the purple haired chick with the scythe, though. Her smartass attitude is very enjoyable to watch. And her voice actress is doing a really good job with her, I feel. Though the only thing that I'm looking forward to in this show, at this point, is Yu's and the blond vampire family dude's confrontation. Want to see their confrontation asap.

And that opening, my god, that is addictive. Especially that initial scene where the pink-haired vampire just dances in those red feathers. There's just something about that scene...I'm having trouble putting in into words but it'll suffice to say that I just like the overall thing a lot. :p

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years

FINALLY.

Spoiler:

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    #12 (END)

I take back all I said, this show was not worth it. The story isn't really bad, but the characters are really annoying, I didn't particularly enjoy the seiyuu selection, and most of the episodes after the sixth episode look more like a Power Point presentation rather than an anime.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    Bit of a dull way to end the season, episode 11 should have been the end imo, would have left everyone hanging on the edge of their seats.

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    Bit of a dull way to end the season, episode 11 should have been the end imo, would have left everyone hanging on the edge of their seats.

Agreed. It was like one of those episodes where everything is alright and actually the plot did not take a single step further from when they left.

Back