• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pairing: How serious do you take it?

What is your pair to you?

• Love

Votes: 15 25.9%

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Friend

Votes: 29 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Jeremy is KAWAII! xD

Votes: 19 32.8%

• Total voters

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
Years
  • What is "like" supposed to mean in this instance?

I viewed my paring as more than friendship but definitely not love, I don't know how to explain it. I haven't talked to her in a while though and she's not even active anymore. Still love her though, not the romantic type of love though. See, now that I've used love I'm all confused on what to choose. Since I think you meant love in a more romantic way I'll just choose friends and other.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • *sighs*
    Well, I used to take pairing very seriously...just ask anyone who was active about a year ago and they'll tell you what a regular wreck I was every time I went through a pair. Nowadays I just don't know

To be honest right now, I'd probably pair with any close friend I have. I'd Probably would be willing to pair with anyone on a friendly basis so long as we had something in common.

I also wouldn't be put off if a girl who I liked asked me to pair because she likes me too, it might grow to love and rekindle my passion for pairing for love only. But that's probably not going to happen. If it did happen, I'd hope that the person is somewhere near my age. x3

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Pairing shouldn't be taken too seriously: you don't want to go around saying "my boy/girl friend is someone I met on a Pokemon forum!...No I have not met them in real life." XDD

Honestly, though, it's a fun little thing PC has going. I don't have a pair, but I wouldn't mind it, as long as I become good friends with the girl first, it'd be neat! :mudkip^_^:

PC families are fun too. (Why no official thread for those? T_T)

viridian doubletongue

the world's greatest thief
    Years
  • I couldn't really give A about pairing. Originally I didn't want to just because it was pointless, I felt. Then when I found someone I considered might be my girlfriend, I paired with her, for the sake of showing the relationship. And there's been no update on the matter since, it's all just been forgotten and I'm more or less back with my original stance. Doesn't really matter.

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • I never really thought about it much I suppose. I have never been paired with anyone either. If I were to though, I would imagine it would be friendship. I really can't see having a serious relationship on the internet.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I don't take pairing too seriously. Me and my pair are just really good friends; that's all. My pair already has her boyfriend, and me... well I'm just there I guess. XD My pair is totally awesome though~

I'll admit, I took pairing very seriously in my first half a year of joining this forum. It's not like I actually "loved" my pairs, but I was just desperate for a pair for like, publicity or something. >:< ...but yeah, that was in my early days of forum life. Now I just look at it as a nice side system that forums have.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I take it rather seriously. I've never had a pair but have had a gf. There just wasn't that connection.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I don't take it seriously considering I have never had one before, or I may have one but forgot about it lol

:t354:TG

...Wtf, yes you did. Dude, we were paired for like 2 weeks :<

That being said, I never really looked at pairs here as anything more than just friends. I don't really believe in "online relationships," (I mean, it may work for some people, I'd just rather know someone personally before getting that close to them XD;) let alone ones being built up from on a pokemon forum.

To me, a pair here is just someone you consider yourself close enough with to have their name awkwardly placed in your signature :D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • When I paired with Jorah, we agreed it was just the best friends type of pair, but I love Jorah. Not the romantic type, but she's a close friend to me, and I care about her, obviously.

I don't take pairing to the point of relationship, they're just lovely ladies and close friends that I enjoy hanging around. :D (Be it Malyka, Ashley, and now Jo)

Samurai X said:
    I viewed my paring as more than friendship but definitely not love, I don't know how to explain it. I haven't talked to her in a while though and she's not even active anymore. Still love her though, not the romantic type of love though. See, now that I've used love I'm all confused on what to choose. Since I think you meant love in a more romantic way I'll just choose friends and other.
    This.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • oh my god I love mork and if he ever leaves me idk what I'd doooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

...wow that hurt to type. :( No offense to my pair, lmao. But yeah, I don't take pairing seriously at all. To me, it's just another expression of friendship. It's also nice to have a pair listed since it means I don't have to, you know, deal with a bunch of PMs asking me to pair with random noobs. XD; So yeah, an extension of friendship and an excuse to mangle Mork's name in my signature and that's about it. ♥

Years
  • I take my pairing as a friendship (I guess). I just like the warm fuzzy feeling of having a special friend that I can talk to & be somewhat close to & not in an odd way. We've been paired since like my join date (pretty much) Fruit-kun is a really sweet person & I enjoy talking to him. It's fun to have a buddy on here to talk to & have a special name in my sig & sometimes make graphics with them in it. It's not a creepy "Oh we're paired, now we have to go off & meet & get married & have little creepy internet love babies or whatever. I love our Partnership & I wouldn't have it change for the world <3

Back