• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pairing up with Lance?

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Does anyone think that you have to pair up with Lance in Mahogany Town, to take down Team Rocket like how you pair up with Riley in d/p/p?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    You know this is a good question. I don't know if we'll be able to pair up with Lance there, but I'm sure we might be able to pair up with a few trainers seeing as how well it was done with DPPt.

Years
    stands a chance, the two person in game double battle started in emerald and has been in every game since, so more than likely it will be you and Lance with pre-evolved pokemon of his later in game team

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    My friend and I actually talked about this months ago back in August, when we were talking about a G/S/C Remake. XD

I would love to pair up with Lance in Mahogany Town~ At least for that fight with the two admins. That part is definitely a time to do so, and it's not like they'll be reveiling his Pokemon, considering that he did have Dragonite follow and attack on the screen during the whole thing in the original.

It really wouldn't make sense if they did it like the original okay. it could. but I want it to be a double battle plzkthnxbye.

Ayselipera

along side you in the game, but
    since there weren't any double
    battles at the time you never see
    his battle. I think it might be alot
    like when we were able to fight
    along side Steven at the spacestation
    in Emerald.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I would think so since he fights
    along side Steven at the space station
    in Emerald.

there weren't any double battles in Generation I either, but we have double battles in FR/LG

Ayselipera

Im saying we will see double battles and that
    it will be alot like the battle at the spacestation
    when you team up with Steven.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    He'll probably have a weaker version of one of the Pokemon in his team when you battle him in the Elite Four. For example, a Dratini.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    I would think so since he fights
    along side Steven at the spacestation
    in Emerald.

What are you, writing a poem? typing like that is just plain annoying to read.

Remember when two admins approached the player and Lance? At that moment, the battle became one-sided regardless of the whole implied "work together" routine. Nothing's saying that can't be changed into a special double battle.

Besides, if he was a partner instead, that'd just make the whole hideout easier.
    Lance wouldn't be a partner like Riley, he'd most likely act like Steven did in Emerald; just one double battle.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    If he did I would like that, I've always thought that he should. I was playing Silver the other day, and it was like "wtf why isn't he battling with me!" Because I've forgetton that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think it would be cool to have him as a partner for the time being. Emerald never did that with Steven, so they could change it up a bit this time for the GSDS remakes. Seeing as there were two admins back then, it would make the battle seem more leveled out for the playing field and yes, make it a lot easier in the hideout.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I think you'll take the hideout alone but team up with him for the admin battle.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Even though the player and Lance did 'team-up' against Team Rocket in GS, he/she didn't really 'tag-teamed' with him.

Ooo! I would so love if we can double-battle with Lance against the final Team Rocket members, like how it was done in Emerald with Steven. <3

Back