• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Pairing up with Lance?

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Even though the player and Lance did 'team-up' against Team Rocket in GS, he/she didn't really 'tag-teamed' with him.

Ooo! I would so love if we can double-battle with Lance against the final Team Rocket members, like how it was done in Emerald with Steven. <3

Yeah, since double battles weren't devised back then, it wasn't an actual double battle, even though it was supposed to be one. It's more like two separate battles happening side by side.

But as much as I'd love to see this turn into an actual double battle with Lance just like with Steven in emerald there's also another problem.
    If he battles alongside me, his Pokemon are supposed to be lower-leveled, and in the cutscene, he has a Dragonite.
    First of all, his Dragonite is already seeming to be hacked, and if it is at level 28 and still a Dragonite, then I have nothing to say.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, since double battles weren't devised back then, it wasn't an actual double battle, even though it was supposed to be one. It's more like two separate battles happening side by side.

But as much as I'd love to see this turn into an actual double battle with Lance just like with Steven in emerald there's also another problem.
    If he battles alongside me, his Pokemon are supposed to be lower-leveled, and in the cutscene, he has a Dragonite.
    First of all, his Dragonite is already seeming to be hacked, and if it is at level 28 and still a Dragonite, then I have nothing to say.

Well then, if they do implement this idea, then maybe it'll be a good sign that they'll raise the levels for everyone in the game. Also, I wouldn't expect him to have a Dragonite by then anyway, more likely a Dragonair like some have stated before me.

Years
    That would be so awesome to see! <3 I would love to have a double battle with him. That would be an honor. It would be like having a double battle with Cynthia, but better! (I know we didn't double battle w/ Cynthia in DPPt.) I wouldn't mind if he traveled with me throughout that Rocket place. ;) But even if that's only for the tag-team Rocket Admin battle, I'd be okay with that, too. XD

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That would be so awesome to see! <3 I would love to have a double battle with him. That would be an honor. It would be like having a double battle with Cynthia, but better! (I know we didn't double battle w/ Cynthia in DPPt.) I wouldn't mind if he traveled with me throughout that Rocket place. ;) But even if that's only for the tag-team Rocket Admin battle, I'd be okay with that, too. XD

It was too bad we never got to do anything as exclusive as that with Cynthia, but there's just a possibility that we'll get the chance with Lance. Especially knowing that Double Battles were introduced afterwards and this is one way of putting it into good use for the remake.

Zhampy

Gym/Elite~
    Years
    I doubt you'd team up with him like you do Riley/Mira and the others. He'll probably just help you during a double battle with the Rocket Admins a la Steven in Emerald.

If he were like Riley and your other partners then he'd have have to go off on his own at SOME point to beat Silver. Him beating Silver is a turning point for Silver. And Lance himself actually admits to not really doing much since he saw how well you, the player, were doing until the Admins jump you. Plus it'd be kinda weird having a Champion following you around.

But i'd love a double battle with him against the admins! Not only becuase it would be awesome but also so he wasn't taking an opponent away from you. You needed all the exp you could get your hands on in GSC!

Maybe it can be like in Emerald, when you ad to fight all the trainers, but at the end, and only in the end, you get the chance to fight with Steven.

I there are two moments in the hideout that fits this: Fighting to two admins, of course, making them stronger and evolved pokemons.

The main leader there. Again, making him A LOT more stronger, and I mean it, because a Mulkrow is too weak. Maybe if Sinnoh Pokemon are added, a Honchkrow, Crobat... I don't know, but have a complete team of 6 strong pokemon.

Marionette

¿ǝɹnɔ ɐ
    Years
    It'd be nice to have, but I am agreeing with Zhampy here~!
    o n o It seems he'd have to go off on this own, specially to fit the storyline.
    Buttt
    I do like the idea of teaming up with him against admins n__n
    It seems like it would be a lot of fun!
    I like that idea and it's probably likely.

Clover Cat

Child of Gold and Crystal
    Years
    Having him team up with you would be awesome. It would actually give me something to look forward to while trying to get through the TR hideout, and making him your partner would be even better. Personally if he does that then I hope they have him join you in Goldenrod. I mean really, he joins you in Mahogany and then it's like, "Oh, good luck trying to defeat an uprising evil organization on your own, kid!"

Having him team up with you would be awesome. It would actually give me something to look forward to while trying to get through the TR hideout, and making him your partner would be even better. Personally if he does that then I hope they have him join you in Goldenrod. I mean really, he joins you in Mahogany and then it's like, "Oh, good luck trying to defeat an uprising evil organization on your own, kid!"

I think it's impossible in Goldenrod. Lance came to Mahogany to solve the Magikarps problem. When he left, he didn't know about the Radio Tower, so it's not like he want a kid to defeat a complete evil organization alone, just he didn't know.

I would quit the fun also, because pairing with someone too much, I think it gets frustraing after a while.

Zhampy

Gym/Elite~
    Years
    I think it's impossible in Goldenrod. Lance came to Mahogany to solve the Magikarps problem. When he left, he didn't know about the Radio Tower, so it's not like he want a kid to defeat a complete evil organization alone, just he didn't know.

I would quit the fun also, because pairing with someone too much, I think it gets frustraing after a while.

I wouldn't say it was impossible for him not to not know about the radio tower in Goldenrod. Surely when he was wandering about in the Mahogany hideout he'd have picked some clues up as to what they were planning on doing. They aren't exactly secretive about it XD

That also makes me think about how he knew about the Mahognay thing in the first place. Unless he was just hanging out with the Magikarp at the Lake.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Well then, if they do implement this idea, then maybe it'll be a good sign that they'll raise the levels for everyone in the game. Also, I wouldn't expect him to have a Dragonite by then anyway, more likely a Dragonair like some have stated before me.
    This is what I was thinking. His team could consist of Dragonairs of level 28 through 30.

Sí, it's either they'll make the Pokémons stronger, or Lance weaker than he is when the player faces in the Pokémon League.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Okay, I want to battle with him, but I still think he should blast a couple grunts himself anyway. He did use hyper beam on humans in the game, remember?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    LANCE! Omg, I had almost forgotten him. -shame on me- He used to be one of my favourite trainers out there. XD I'm going to need to replay Gold or Crystal one day, vèèry soon.

Anywas, I hope they implement tagteam battles. And why not with Lance? At that point you have no idea who he is (if my memory serves me right, which I higly doubt), he's just some random trainer with a cape passing by, just like you (but without the cape).
    So, it wouldn't be that awkward to team up with him, after all you think he's just a trainer like you. What a big shock it would be when you arrive at the League...

Well, my vote goes to "yes, I hope they do it". But if they won't... well Lance is an awesome character. =3

Years
    I'd love a single double battle with Lance against the admins, but that's it.

Keep the cut scenes, then have him say go off in a different direction to you, so you can do the rest before the admin part.

Oh and if they level up everyone (like they should), it wont matter if he has a dragonite.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    That would be interesting. I never thought of that. But if you did, not so sure it would be Lance, y/y?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    That would be interesting. I never thought of that. But if you did, not so sure it would be Lance, y/y?

Lance more than likely because he was at the scene where you would battle together against the two Rocket Admins, but it seemed more as a seperate battle because double battles were not introdiced at the time. It makes a perfect fit and wouldn't be a bad new addition for that part of the ending plot.

Back