• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pancakes or Bacon?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Breakfast food is a very serious topic for me; I often have to sternly remind people that I am a salty breakfast woman, and sweet breakfasts are not nearly as good. What about you guys, do you prefer salty breakfasts like bacon and eggs, or sweet breakfasts like pancakes and fruit? Or are you a heretic that mixes the two?

Years
    a heretic that mixes the two?
    XDDDD

honestly I am a salty breakfast person most the time, but it would be hard for me sometimes to turn down a really good Danish.

I am from the south though I know what a salty breakfast is. Sausage, biscuits and gravy is flipping delicious.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    Normally in the morning, I'm not very hungry but I make myself eat something anyway - usually sugary cereals like Cheerios or Frosted Flakes, so I guess I'm a sweet breakfast kind of person. c:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    When it comes to the rare breakfast I have from time to time, I usually just like to have some yogurt with fruit. I've never really been a big breakfast person, but considering I work at Dunkin Donuts most mornings I usually eat something from there if I got a case of the munchies.

But any day for me bacon > pancakes. Pancakes give me the hiccups because I think I eat them too fast :S
    Spoiler:

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Salty definitely! I can't imagine having pancakes for breakfast, that's a dessert thing. When I eat breakfast at all (which is not very often) it's generally toast, eggs, bacon or sausages.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I like sweet and salty, but obscure non-breakfast foods like steak and burritos make me queasy in the morning, so I lean towards the sweet foods. I do like my bacon, but only when it's fatty, not crispy.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    Why not like.... put bacon, on eggs, on pancakes, on syrup.

Bacon and syrup go amazing together, btw.

Eggs and ketchup go amazing together, also.

Pancakes and bacon go amazing together, also.

Bacon and eggs go amazing together, also.

By the law of syllogism, pancakes go good with ketchup.
    Moral of the story: Never trust syllogism

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I wouldn't describe it as salty. I don't want salty eggs. Savoury?

Whatever variation on bacon and eggs is the daily occurrence for me. If I don't feel like it, then cereal.

Pancakes, waffles, french toast, etc... are for special occasions.

Steven

[i]h e l p[/i]
    Years
    Salty and sweet > salty > sweet

Sausage, eggs, bacon all on top of a waffle with syrup.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm normally not awake for breakfast, but if I have something, it's usually light like fruit or yogurt. I do love all kinds of breakfast foods, though! I love eggs, bacon, gravy biscuits, and grits, but I also love waffles, fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal. If I'm going to have a large breakfast, I'd like mostly salty stuff with one sweet thing to even it out.

I have a lot of fond memories of breakfast times at my me maw's house, actually. She'd make most of the stuff I listed above and it was always awesome. I think I stopped enjoying breakfast as much as I used to after she passed away, though. Something about not being able to eat the oatmeal or biscuits she made anymore is just...idk. Sad.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't really like pancakes but waffles do taste nice, and I like a lot of meat. So I lean more towards salty.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
    Both. Also there's these kettle chips where I work that are flavoured of both bacon and maple syrup (and it tastes like the best of breakfast in your mouth.)

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Okay, okay, I will give. If you mix bacon and syrup, you are not a heretic. Because that's just amazing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Ugh, most of the time I don't even eat breakfast, namely since I wake up far too late in the morning to ever consider worthwhile to even have one.

But, on the off-chance that I'm up on time, I'd prefer a nice bowl of cereal. Pancakes, bacon, waffles & the like are mostly a luxury, though. So for the most part, I'm all sweet, but I won't mind if it's on the salty side.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Most mornings I just have toast or cereal for breakfast due to not having much time before I leave the house.

If I had a free morning where I could just eat whatever I wanted, i'd choose bacon. Food of the Gods and an excellent hangover cure.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Well, as long as it's Winter and it's warm food, I'll have it almost immediately! :p

But, staying on topic, probably the saltier of foods, cos they're usually hot foods, and get into your system quickly. Both are good, I just prefer them.

Years
    I'm not much of a breakfast person, but I love the foods! :D And because I like eating sweets, I'd prefer pancakes over bacon any day; I'm also vegetarian so I can't be eating those anyway. But I mainly try to keep the food I eat healthy like yesterday I had plain vanilla yogurt, and today I had a packet of Special K Fruit Crisps while I was rushing out the door.

Back