• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paper Mario Series

Favorite Paper Mario game?

• Total voters

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013

I love the characters in TTYD.
    And yes, the last boss was quite a challenge -.-
    My fav. partner would have to be Vivian.

Muaha, Did you ever gather up the patience to fight your way down to Bonetail? That was just epic. Retuuuuuurn Postage!

My favorite partner was... I don't know. Koops or the Yoshi. Yoshi was awesome with his hit-you-six-times-in-a-row attacks. Ms. Mowz was fun to use, too.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I haven't played Super Paper Mario.

But between the other two, I have to say the first. However, it must be noted that TTYD was a great sequel, and really the original probably wins mainly because it's nostalgic. lol

Although I would love a new Paper Mario in the style of the first, I no longer have much faith in Nintendo making good sequels. So lets just leave it be unless Nintendo gets back into their game.

Years
  • Is Mario RPG really considered part of the Paper Mario series?

...anyways, favorite is TTYD, least favorite is SPM. Although, I have to say, SPM had a lot of great jokes and dialogue in it. It was a really funny game. It's just the gameplay itself really lacked what it's predecessors brought to the table.

TTYD was/is perfect. Still play it every now and again. Lot of fun, especially Chapter 3 (Glitzville).

Years
  • I've done the pit a few times on TTYD, I remember though the first time I tried it I died on floor 97 or something D: Bonetail is pretty easy imo, it's just getting past all them elite wizzards and amazee daisies which is hard. Shame there's no real use for the badge after you've beat him cause everyone is dead.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • Paper Mario was amazing: I used to rent it out every weekend until the N64 went bye-bye. I still remember bugging my mum to let me stay up 'til 10pm so I could complete various chapters, so I have a lot of nostalgia for that game.

Paper Mario 2 was also amazing. It, imo, improved on everything without taking away the charm that was in the first one, and the final boss was definitely not something to go down easily.

Super Paper Mario... Eh... I did enjoy the Francis level immensely, and the first dungeon was fun, but this was where I felt the series took a step backwards. The plot was good, and I liked being able to use four different characters but the whole platforming thing was so... Meh. >: And most of the companions lacked personalities, something I'd enjoyed in the first two games.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
  • Muaha, Did you ever gather up the patience to fight your way down to Bonetail? That was just epic. Retuuuuuurn Postage!

My favorite partner was... I don't know. Koops or the Yoshi. Yoshi was awesome with his hit-you-six-times-in-a-row attacks. Ms. Mowz was fun to use, too.

Yeah, I remember getting past TTYD Pit of 100 Trails just to beat Bonetail. When I got that amazing badge, I was like FTW and I completed the game with it. I passed through the Pit before entering The Door, so completing the game was pretty easy (and even with Return Postage, Bowser and Kammy Koopa were a little difficult)

Oh, I just remembered the music. What's your favorite song?

My favorite song from PM was the Star's Village song. Oh, I love it! It was awesome!

My favorite song from TTYD was the one from Twilight Village probably, or the one for Doopliss, the Shadow Queen or Bowser! There was pretty much good music in that game...

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I haven't played it in a good while, but I remember liking the boss music. The quieter areas were nice too. Puni Forest (or whatever it's called), for example. I also liked the silent area in front of the Temple, behind the Door.

Also, Petalburg=Petalburg. Tell me when you see it.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
  • I hate to seem like everyone else, but I'm going with TTYD. I loved the setting and gameplay & I enjoyed the characters and story...

SMRPG was pretty fun, it's just that I didn't play it when I was younger so it doesn't have the nostalgic feel that I'm sure it has to some others.

Paper Mario was amazing, it was probably one of the earlier RPG games I played, but I just think TTYD had something the original didn't have...I can't really tell what it is though.

Super Paper Mario sucked compaired to the others...I did kind of enjoy the story, but I hated the ending. I think some of the characters were interesting, and others were boring. I didn't care for the platforming gameplay. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with platformers, it just that I think Super Mario Galaxy was a decent enough platformer and I was expecting a new RPG...

Oh and my favorite character is Bobbery...I don't know why I just think that his story is kind of sad and he's a pretty good party member (IMO)

Quick Side Note: Anyone else here think that it would be kind of cool to play Luigi's Quest in TTYD?

Slowpoke Nopoke

-formerly YanmegaLv55
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2010
    One of the best Mario games behind
    Mario Kart, Party
    Super Mario Bros and it's remake

FTW

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario have kick ass sound tracks. I'd give the edge to Super Mario RPG because I think it stands on its own (heard it before playing the game). *listening to it right now too*

One of the best Mario games behind
    Mario Kart, Party
    Super Mario Bros and it's remake

FTW
    What's the remake? Deluxe? All-Stars?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    thousand year door was pretty fun cause you got a yoshi and the pit of 100 trials that and i beat bonetail with on power bounce w/o missing a jump

but the original one for the 64 has to be my favorite cause it had a better challenge since you cant get extra badges from your opponents and cause the level cap was set lower than thousand year door
    also fighting 4 anti guys in bowsers castle is the greatest challenge in the paper mario series imo cause they all hit you for 9-10 damage depending on what they do
    and then there is watt the most epic chracter in the game XD

Back