• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Paranoia Agent

bgt

R A W R
Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    pirategirl92 said:
    See, in the first episode, as detailed as it was, you don't get enough information. Okay, this sixth grader is practically going phsyco from losing his title. And the only one he has to bully is pig boy, Of whom Uichii thinks is the one who started this. (In the classroom scene, with everyone's cell phones, go get the idea that either pig boy is behind all this or he's trying to defen Uichii.) (Although the way pig boy talked kinda disturbed me, it sounded like he was lying. Either that, or a bad voice actor.) With only seeing Lil Slugger twice in the whole show, you know it's not Uichii or pig boy, but it could be anybody. (They had a piece about this in Newtype Magazine that might help.)

eh, well, heh, watch episode 5 and you'll find out who it is, XD... I think im going to check out the dub on sat, see how it compares to the fansub.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I saw it last night, and the more I see it, the more I think lil Slugger is helping ppl(Ive only seem 2 eps.). Like how Ichi was all disturbed, then when he woke up in the hospital, he was fine, and his tutor person(Whats her face...) didnt get those calls anymore...That one was wierd.

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    I've seen 3 episodes so far. The one with the girl animator for that one company who got hit, then they were suspicious if any kids did it. Then I saw the Ichi one. Then the episode about his tutor. They all tied together wonderfuly. Even though I saw them once a week. I might have been lucky. Anyway this is probably one of the most interesting animes on Adult Swim.

EDIT:
    SBaby said:
    Ahh! Paranoia Agent... The first Anime Horror series to get onto Adult Swim.

I don't think it's considered an anime horror. Nothing scary yet.

The people laughing at the beginning are supposed to symbolize people that are afraid of 'Lil Slugger' (groan).

I don't think that's it either. I'm thinking it symbolizes how relieved they feel when they're the victim. Most of the people who got hit by Slugger are in a tight situation at the begining, and Slugger comes around to get them out their situation.

edit X2: Yeah, looking more into it, i'm thinking Slugger is helping them out. If you notice all the vitims have a kind of mental problem deal. Slugger hits them with the bat, and they're cured.

Last edited:

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    I used to be confused, then it allll made sense. Just keep looking into it.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I have this feeling that they went ahead and arrested Ichi because a second person associated with him was slugged, even though he said he had been exonerated in this past episode.

This episode was...erm...graphic o_o; I actually kept flipping it off the channel for seconds at a time, because as good as a show as it is, I never feel like seeing stuff like that. I had already had enough from all the risqu? stuff at the end of Samurai Champloo right before this =p

Kratos

ghostofsparta
    Years
    • Age 33
    • HFIL
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    OMG, when was this thread made. I love that show. Especially Little Slugger. Did any of you watch the one on Saturday?

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • It's sad indeed, I end up feeling sorry for the people at the anime. The guy with the big nose, the girl who has personalities problems, the popular boy who graves for attention, and the husky kid with red cheeks, and the weird face guy. They end up getting bat by Lil' Slugger and they end up being relief. O.O

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • The losers who run adult swim moved Paranoia Agent to 1 AM and overall screwed up the entire saturday schedule:

11: Futurama
    11.5: Samurai Champloo
    12: Inuyasha
    12.5: S-CRY-Ed
    1: Paranoia Agent
    1.5: FLCL

They said they're punishing action fans for low ratings =/ I've always hated the bump people. They're such arrogant potheads, they really ruin adult swim for me.

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    The losers who run adult swim moved Paranoia Agent to 1 AM and overall screwed up the entire saturday schedule:

They said they're punishing action fans for low ratings =/ I've always hated the bump people. They're such arrogant potheads, they really ruin adult swim for me.
    Now that's so unfair just because they don't have greater ratings, so immature. They stoop to a new low, man.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    The losers who run adult swim moved Paranoia Agent to 1 AM and overall screwed up the entire saturday schedule:

The bump people really are arrogant, immature, marijuana-addicted losers, trying to oversaturate their schedules with low-quality programming in order to punish action fans for perceived low ratings. You wanna know what I think? They should ditch all of their "comedy" programs (except for Family Guy, Robot Chicken, and Aqua Teen Hunger Force; they're the only quality comedy programs) and replace it all with anime. Less Tom Goes to the Mayor, more Paranoia Agent and S-CRY-ed!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I've always said that the Neilsen system is fatally flawed; a random sampling of a minute fraction of households has absolutely no way to accurately provide the opinion of the whole. I've always known that the bump people are in this solely for money and despise the very anime they show. I mean, they refered to the anime fans as "action sl*ts" (don't know if that word's allowed here) and in a previous bump they said that the mission statement of adult swim is "wh*re this mother out" =/ Not only are they annoying half the time, I actually get personally offended by them sometimes, and now they do this because things didn't go their way. I'm not sure they understand that a) they're up against Mad TV and Saturday Night Live during the programs where most people are awake, b) it's summertime and many people are either on vacation or elsewhere, and c) many people like to videotape the later shows. I stay up for Inuyasha, Samurai Champloo, and Paranoia Agent, but I record S-CRY-Ed because I like to be awake for Church in the morning. They're morons, but apparently they have friends in high places in Turner Broadcasting. I wish they would just disappear =/

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Chairman Kaga said:
    They're morons, but apparently they have friends in high places in Turner Broadcasting. I wish they would just disappear =/
    Why wish when you can have a certain boy with a bat give the bump people a good beating? XD

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • If I could somehow sic Lil' Slugger on them, I would o_o; Though they're absolutely unworthy of being brutalized by a legend such as he, it would at least get those stoners off the air for good.

I would rather have Maromi do all the bumps.

Skrin

Still the best!!!xD
    Years
  • Guess what, folks??

Saturday is still all-anime. PA is still at 12:00 AM.

Yes, Adult Swim pulled a joke on it's anime fans with a phoney schedule.

But, on topic...

Wow, Lil' Slugger got caught last episode!! I wonder what'll happen this episode...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Actually, I checked the adult swim announcement board (filthy forums...full of potheads like the bump people. I've never posted there once =/) and they haven't said anything, so the new schedule is still in effect.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Then why is Futurama going to be on at 11 pm (10 Central) tomorrow?

Ok as for Paranoia Agent, you won't learn what the actual story is supposed to be about until about halfway into the series. Once you see the scene where they question Lil' Slugger, it'll make a whole lot more sense. (Given what it's about, I've deduced that M. Night must've written part of the storyline...)

Back